Recent Weakness And Growth Potential Make Timmins Compelling Once Again
Fri, Aug. 12, 12:24 AM
Fri, Jul. 15, 9:58 AM
- Timmins Gold (TGD +7.7%) pops to a new 52-week high at the open, extending its 24% advance since Wednesday when it reported Q2 production of 25,863 oz. of gold, a 13% Y/Y increase.
- TGD says Q2 production exceeded its epectations due to the pit yielding more metric tons at a higher grade with a lower strip ratio than plan.
- TGD also sees good prospects for extending mine life at acceptable operating margins at its San Francisco mine in Mexico, given current gold prices.
Fri, May 13, 1:34 AM
Thu, Mar. 17, 12:39 AM
Nov. 3, 2015, 6:28 AM
- Timmins Gold (NYSEMKT:TGD): Q3 EPS of -$0.63 may not be comparable to consensus of -$0.01.
- Revenue of $26.59M (-22.3% Y/Y) beats by $0.05M.
Jul. 30, 2015, 6:22 AM
- Timmins Gold (NYSEMKT:TGD): Q2 EPS of $0.00 in-line.
- Revenue of $27.8M (-34.4% Y/Y) misses by $0.2M.
May 5, 2015, 12:44 AM
- Timmins Gold (NYSEMKT:TGD): Q1 EPS of $0.00 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $29.49M (-37.3% Y/Y)
Apr. 8, 2015, 5:46 PM
- McEwen Mining (NYSE:MUX) fell 5.6% in today's trade after yesterday's news that 900 kg of gold-bearing concentrate containing 7K oz. of gold - ~$8.4M in potential revenue - was stolen from its refinery in Mexico's Sinaloa state.
- Armed robberies of significant quantities of gold are not common, but operators in northern Mexico have been targeted in the past as the region is associated with cartels and gangs.
- The robbery raises concerns about other companies with exposure in northern Mexico, which include AGI, AUQ, CDE, PPP and TGD; among those with operations nearby are GG, PAAS, GPL, OTCPK:FNLPF and OTCQX:SMNPF.
Mar. 26, 2015, 7:15 PM
- Timmins Gold (NYSEMKT:TGD) calls off a private placement worth up to $10M that had been announced on Feb. 17; the offering was priced at C$1.25/share, but shares currently are trading below C$1.
- Also today, Orbite Aluminae (OTCQX:EORBF) called off an offering of debentures and warrants that was expected to raise as much as C$15.5M.
- Six gold companies raised nearly $800M in the span of two days in January, but raising capital has been a challenge ever since; the one major offering that was announced in March - Silver Wheaton’s (NYSE:SLW) $800M bought-deal - was priced too high and led to big losses for the underwriters, and has put a chill in the mining financing market.
Mar. 10, 2015, 6:43 AM
- Timmins Gold (NYSEMKT:TGD): Q4 EPS of -$0.02 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $30.4M (-26.7% Y/Y) beats by $0.4M.
Oct. 28, 2014, 6:22 PM
- Timmins Gold (NYSEMKT:TGD): Q2 EPS of $0.01 in-line.
- Revenue of $34.2M (-10.2% Y/Y)
Jul. 29, 2014, 6:18 AM
- Timmins Gold (NYSEMKT:TGD): Q2 EPS of $0.02 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $42.38M (+20.7% Y/Y) misses by $0.62M.
Jul. 17, 2014, 12:46 PM
Jul. 2, 2014, 12:54 PM
- Timmins Gold (TGD -1.6%) reaches a settlement with its largest shareholder, Sentry Investments; TGD will nominate eight board members instead of the seven it previously announced, including four new independent directors with the extra spot going to a Sentry nominee.
- Sentry launched a proxy fight last month, arguing TGD was underperforming and the board was rebuffing potential buyers that were interested in the company.
- TD Securities says Sentry largely achieved its goals by gaining a more independent board with a strong mining background, and believes TGD will be seen as a potential takeover target going forward.
Jun. 23, 2014, 12:46 PM
Jun. 6, 2014, 3:16 PM
- Timmins Gold (TGD -9.4%) is denying allegations made by Sentry Investments, which launched a proxy fight against TGD on Monday, that it rebuffed potential buyers that were interested in the company.
- TGD rejects Sentry's claim that companies with superior growth prospects were denied due diligence access; the miner says one potential suitor made an informal proposal which was brought to the board’s attention and was given due diligence access, while other parties were provided information under confidentiality agreements.
- TGD also says it tried to resolve its issues with Sentry privately to avoid the proxy contest, and invited the fund manager to propose director candidates.
Timmins Gold Corp. operates as a gold producer, which engages in the operation, development, exploration and acquisition of resource properties in Mexico. It owns and operates San Francisco open pit gold mine in the state of Sonora, Mexico. The company was founded by Francisco Arturo Bonillas... More
Sector: Basic Materials
Country: United States