Recent Weakness And Growth Potential Make Timmins Compelling Once Again
Fri, Jul. 15, 9:58 AM
- Timmins Gold (TGD +7.7%) pops to a new 52-week high at the open, extending its 24% advance since Wednesday when it reported Q2 production of 25,863 oz. of gold, a 13% Y/Y increase.
- TGD says Q2 production exceeded its epectations due to the pit yielding more metric tons at a higher grade with a lower strip ratio than plan.
- TGD also sees good prospects for extending mine life at acceptable operating margins at its San Francisco mine in Mexico, given current gold prices.
Thu, Mar. 17, 12:39 AM
Jul. 17, 2014, 12:46 PM
Jun. 23, 2014, 12:46 PM
Jun. 6, 2014, 3:16 PM
- Timmins Gold (TGD -9.4%) is denying allegations made by Sentry Investments, which launched a proxy fight against TGD on Monday, that it rebuffed potential buyers that were interested in the company.
- TGD rejects Sentry's claim that companies with superior growth prospects were denied due diligence access; the miner says one potential suitor made an informal proposal which was brought to the board’s attention and was given due diligence access, while other parties were provided information under confidentiality agreements.
- TGD also says it tried to resolve its issues with Sentry privately to avoid the proxy contest, and invited the fund manager to propose director candidates.
Jun. 2, 2014, 9:52 AM
- Timmins Gold (TGD +4%) opens higher as 17% owner Sentry Investments says it plans to nominate six directors to the current eight-member TGD board in a bid to spur improvements in the company’s operations and boost shareholder value.
- The fund manager accuses TGD of mismanagement and ignoring shareholder requests to allow potential buyers a look at the books, and says the current board fails to utilize governance best practices.
Jan. 22, 2014, 3:51 PM
- Timmins Gold (TGD -12.7%) is plunging today on news it plans to sell C$25M ($22.7M) in equity to a syndicate of banks at C$1.50 each, a significant discount to TGD's closing price of C$1.73 yesterday in Toronto.
- TGD's deal, designed to strengthen its balance sheet, builds on a wave of offerings that may signal a thaw in the financing environment for miners, which have long been out of favor with investors.
Jan. 22, 2014, 12:47 PM
Sep. 10, 2013, 12:46 PM
Jul. 17, 2013, 12:45 PM
Jun. 26, 2013, 12:45 PM
Apr. 15, 2013, 12:50 PM
Timmins Gold Corp. operates as a gold producer, which engages in the operation, development, exploration and acquisition of resource properties in Mexico. It owns and operates San Francisco open pit gold mine in the state of Sonora, Mexico. The company was founded by Francisco Arturo Bonillas... More
Sector: Basic Materials
Country: United States