Jun. 15, 2015, 7:15 AM
- CVS Health (NYSE:CVS) acquires the pharmacy and clinic business of Target (NYSE:TGT) for $1.9B.
- The deal will cover more than 1.6K locations spread across 47 different U.S. states.
- The pharmacies will continue to operate within Target stores rebranded under the CVS format.
- The agreement also calls for Target and CVS to partner on ten new small-format stores.
- Target sees extra traffic resulting from the strategic agreement with CVS, while the expansion falls under a plan to CVS to grow its store base.
Jul. 15, 2013, 7:19 AM
Loblaw's (LBLCF.PK) C$12.4B ($11.93B) acquisition of Shoppers Drug Mart (SHDMF.PK) will create a company that generates over C$42B a year and comes amid increasing competition from Target (TGT) and Wal-Mart (WMT). "With scale and capability, we will be able to accelerate our momentum and strengthen our position in the increasingly competitive marketplace," says Loblaw Executive Chairman Galen Weston. (PR)| Jul. 15, 2013, 7:19 AM
May 15, 2013, 11:05 AM
Privately-owned Bellisio Foods acquires Overhills Farms (OFI +13.8%) for $5.00 a share in a $80.9M deal slated to close during FQ4. The marriage of the two companies could have an interesting read-through to Target (TGT +0.7%) which is a major customer of Overhill Farms, and in theory, could easily boost its selection of food items after the merger finalizes.| May 15, 2013, 11:05 AM
Mar. 13, 2013, 4:20 PM