Tenet Healthcare Selloff Overdone
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Oct. 22, 2015, 9:26 AM
- Community Health's (NYSE:CYH) failure to meet Q3 consensus has created softness for other hospital operators. Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC) is down 12% and (NYSE:HCA) is down 7% in premarket trading.
- Previously: Preliminary Q3 results sink Community Health; shares down 22% premaket (Oct. 22)
Oct. 22, 2015, 9:14 AM
Oct. 21, 2015, 5:39 PM
Oct. 15, 2015, 9:13 AM
Oct. 14, 2015, 5:39 PM
Oct. 4, 2015, 8:23 PM
- Ralph Lauren (NYSE:RL) is tapped for more even more gains after rallying sharply following last week's announcement of the resignation of CEO Ralph Lauren. New CEO Stefan Larsson is seen adding some fast-fashion punch to the luxury mindset at the company.
- Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC) could rise as much as 70% with mergers expected to start feeding the bottom line, observes Barclays. Concerns over Tenet's debt load has driven shares down sharply to levels seen as attractive.
- Margins at Boston Scientific (NYSE:BSX) are expected to improve with new products looking promising. The consensus price target on Wall Street implies close to a 20% gain is in store.
Sep. 16, 2015, 7:03 PM
- J.P. Morgan analysts warn that companies with large amounts of floating-rate debt - including Chesapeake Energy, Freeport McMoRan, Ford and GE - could be at risk if the Fed decides to raise interest rates.
- Companies with variable/floating-rate debt suffer a more immediate impact by a rate hike than companies with fixed-rate debt, the analysts say; variable-rate coupons typically reset quarterly, meaning that changes in the base rate flow through almost immediately to variable-rate borrowers, while fixed-rate borrowers do not see such an impact until they refinance or issue new debt.
- JPM lists 25 companies - not including financials - that have the “highest variable-rate debt as a percentage of market cap": FMC, NRG, FCX, AES, CVC, LVLT, PVH, CHK, FE, DVA, THC, OI, CNX, F, HCA, FOSL, RCL, JOY, GE, ADS, ALLE, HBI, GT, DNB, AN
Aug. 3, 2015, 5:09 PM
- Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC): Q2 EPS of $0.75 beats by $0.31.
- Revenue of $4.5B (+11.4% Y/Y) beats by $100M.
Jun. 29, 2015, 3:30 PM
- Becton, Dickinson (BDX +0.3%) upgraded to Buy from undefined with a $167 (18% upside) price target by UBS.
- Community Health Systems (CYH -0.9%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with an $83.90 (33% upside) price target by Mizuho Securities.
- LifePoint Health (LPNT +2.8%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $95.71 (11% upside) price target by Mizuho Securities.
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH -1.3%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $126 (3% upside) price target by Sterne Agee CRT.
- Tenet Healthcare (THC -1.5%) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform with a $64 (12% upside) price target by Wells Fargo.
- Cepheid (CPHD -1.7%) raised to Buy from Hold with a $75 (25% upside) price target by Craig-Hallum.
- Merge Healthcare (MRGE -0.1%) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $5.75 (17% upside) price target by Topeka Capital.
- Alere (ALR -0.2%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $60 (15% upside) price target by Goldman Sachs.
- Smith & Nephew (SNN -2.1%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a 1275p (16% upside) price target by UBS.
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals (AERI -4.3%) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $40 (135% upside) price target by Canaccord Genuity.
Jun. 25, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jun. 2, 2015, 10:25 AM
- Tenet Healthcare (THC -0.5%) is offering $500M aggregate principal amount of newly issued senior secured notes and $1.9B aggregate principal amount of senior unsecured notes (through THC Escrow) through private placements.
- Net proceeds will fund the repayment of $400M in term loans under its March 23, 2015 Interim Loan Agreement and for general corporate purposes.
Jun. 1, 2015, 1:12 PM
- In a regulatory filing, Tenet Healthcare (THC +0.1%) discloses that it has agreed to sell its St. Louis University Hospital to St. Louis University. The price is not specified, but it appears to be taking a loss on the deal considering its planned $150M - 160M pre-tax impairment charge this quarter ($95M - 100M after-tax). The transaction should close in Q3.
May 4, 2015, 4:48 PM
- Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC) Q1 results ($M): Revenues: 4,428 (+12.8%); Operating Income: 290 (+70.6%); Net Income: 47 (+246.9%); EPS: 0.47 (+242.4%); Quick Assets: 522 (+167.7%); CF Ops: (57) (-200.0%).
- Total admissions: 208.3M (+7.2%); Total patient days: 958.4K (+3.1%).
- 2015 Guidance: Revenues: $17.4B - 17.7B; Non-GAAP EBITDA: $2.05B - 2.15B; EPS: $1.32 - 2.40.
- Q2 Guidance: Non-GAAP EBITDA: $500M - 550M; EPS: $0.15 - 0.64.
- Shares are up 3% after hours on moderate volume.
May 4, 2015, 4:11 PM
- Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC): Q1 EPS of $0.67 beats by $0.35.
- Revenue of $4.43B (+12.7% Y/Y) beats by $110M.
- Shares +1.9%.
Mar. 23, 2015, 7:03 AM
Mar. 23, 2015, 2:01 AM
- Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC) is poised to buy United Surgical Partners in a deal that could be worth more than $2.5B, WSJ reports, saying the acquisition could be announced as soon as today.
- United Surgical Partners, which operates more than 200 short-stay surgical facilities, is controlled by P-E firm Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe.
Tenet Healthcare Corp. provides health care services. It operates through the following segments: Hospital Operations and Other, and Conifer. The company through its subsidiaries and affiliates owns and operates acute care hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, diagnostic imaging centers and... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR