Tenet Healthcare Selloff Overdone
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Thu, May 12, 4:20 PM
- Hospital stocks took it on the chin today as bearish investors anticipate the potential softening of revenues after a federal judge ruled that the Obama administration is unconstitutionally spending money to reimburse health insurers for the extra cost of providing coverage to low-income Americans under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) without obtaining an appropriation from Congress.
- House Republicans sued Obama accusing the President of violating the law by delaying the enforcement of several provisions of the ACA. Lawyers later focused on the reimbursements, which could be as high as $175B over a decade according to Republicans. Predictably, administration attorneys say the suit should be dismissed because the House has no legal right to sue considering the reimbursements were authorized by law.
- Judge Rosemary Collyer, appointed by George W. Bush in 2002, issued an order stopping further reimbursements, but its implementation will be delayed until the appeal process runs its course.
- Related tickers: (CYH -10.8%)(HUM -2.5%)(HCA -3.2%)(HLS -1.5%)(KND -8.1%)(LPNT -3.3%)(THC -9.8%)(SSY -1.5%)
Mon, May 2, 5:38 PM
Mon, May 2, 4:25 PM
Thu, Apr. 7, 5:28 PM
- Beauty retailer Ulta (NASDAQ:ULTA) is up 3.9% after hours as it's set to join the S&P 500 April 15.
- The salon, cosmetics and fragrance store will replace Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC) in the index. Tenet is moving to replace Jarden (NYSE:JAH) in the S&P MidCap 400 at the same time, as Newell Rubbermaid is set to acquire Jarden on or around that date.
- Tenet is more representative of the mid-cap space, S&P said. The moves are effective after the close on April 15.
- Now read As Ulta Struggles With Margins, Future Growth Is In Doubt »
Mon, Feb. 22, 5:27 PM
- Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC) Q4 results ($M): Net Operating Revenues: 5,026 (+12.6%); Operating Income: 315 (-6.5%); Non-GAAP EBITDA: 613 (-5.1%); Net Income: (97) (-259.0%); EPS: (0.98) (-258.1%); Non-GAAP EPS: 0.35; CF Ops: 191 (-12.8%).
- Net Inpatient Revenues: 2,736 (+0.6%); Net Outpatient Revenues: 1,616 (+11.6%).
- Total Admissions: 211,991 (+4.8%).
- 2016 Guidance: Revenues: $18.8B - 19.2B; Non-GAAP EBITDA: $2.4B - 2.5B; Non-GAAP EPS: $1.18 - 2.25.
- Q1 Guidance: Revenues: $4.7B - 4.9B; Non-GAAP EBITDA: $550M - 600M; Non-GAAP EPS: $0.05 - 0.54.
- Shares are down 4% after hours on increased volume.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:33 PM
Nov. 2, 2015, 4:22 PM
- Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC): Q3 EPS of $0.29 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $4.69B (+12.2% Y/Y) beats by $30M.
- Shares +1.6%.
Oct. 23, 2015, 9:14 AM
Oct. 22, 2015, 12:47 PM
Oct. 22, 2015, 9:26 AM
- Community Health's (NYSE:CYH) failure to meet Q3 consensus has created softness for other hospital operators. Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC) is down 12% and (NYSE:HCA) is down 7% in premarket trading.
- Previously: Preliminary Q3 results sink Community Health; shares down 22% premaket (Oct. 22)
Oct. 22, 2015, 9:14 AM
Oct. 21, 2015, 5:39 PM
Oct. 15, 2015, 9:13 AM
Oct. 14, 2015, 5:39 PM
Jun. 25, 2015, 12:45 PM
May 4, 2015, 4:11 PM
- Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC): Q1 EPS of $0.67 beats by $0.35.
- Revenue of $4.43B (+12.7% Y/Y) beats by $110M.
- Shares +1.9%.
Tenet Healthcare Corp. provides health care services. It operates through the following segments: Hospital Operations and Other, and Conifer. The company through its subsidiaries and affiliates owns and operates acute care hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, diagnostic imaging centers and... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR