What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:33 PM
Nov. 2, 2015, 4:22 PM
- Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC): Q3 EPS of $0.29 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $4.69B (+12.2% Y/Y) beats by $30M.
- Shares +1.6%.
Oct. 23, 2015, 9:14 AM
Oct. 22, 2015, 12:47 PM
Oct. 22, 2015, 9:26 AM
- Community Health's (NYSE:CYH) failure to meet Q3 consensus has created softness for other hospital operators. Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC) is down 12% and (NYSE:HCA) is down 7% in premarket trading.
- Previously: Preliminary Q3 results sink Community Health; shares down 22% premaket (Oct. 22)
Oct. 22, 2015, 9:14 AM
Oct. 21, 2015, 5:39 PM
Oct. 15, 2015, 9:13 AM
Oct. 14, 2015, 5:39 PM
Jun. 25, 2015, 12:45 PM
May 4, 2015, 4:11 PM
- Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC): Q1 EPS of $0.67 beats by $0.35.
- Revenue of $4.43B (+12.7% Y/Y) beats by $110M.
- Shares +1.9%.
Mar. 4, 2015, 12:11 PM
- Hospitals rally on comments from Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy, often a swing vote in important cases. He says there is a powerful point to the Obama administration's argument that the Affordable Care Act would fall apart if the subsidies were ruled invalid.
- The Court is currently hearing arguments in the case King v. Burwell, which challenges federal subsidies in states that did not create their own health insurance exchanges. Its final decision will not be announced until June, though.
- Hospitals and health insurers have the most at stake. They have benefited greatly since the law was signed in 2010. To date, 11.4M Americans have signed up for coverage in 2015, giving both groups more paying customers and potentially cutting the number of non-paying emergency room visits. If the subsidies were ruled invalid then many people would drop coverage due to the higher cost.
- Related tickers: (HCA +6.2%)(THC +5.4%)(UHS +2.6%)(CYH +5.4%)(LPNT +3.3%)(SEM -0.9%)(SSY)(HUM +0.1%)(CI -0.4%)(CNC)(MOH +0.3%)(ANTM +0.5%)(UNH +0.3%)(MGLN +0.3%)(WCG +0.3%)
Aug. 4, 2014, 4:24 PM
- Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC): Q2 EPS of $0.17 beats by $0.16.
- Revenue of $4.04B (+2.5% Y/Y) beats by $100M.
- Shares +2.25%.
Jul. 25, 2014, 3:27 PM
- Money is flowing into hospital management firms today on bullish views about the impact of The Affordable Care Act. LifePoint Hospitals (LPNT +7.2%) leads the charge after it increased its earnings guidance earlier today.
- (UHS +6.6%) (HCA +2.3%) (SEM +0.4%) (THC +8.8%) (SSY -4.2%) (CYH +3.8%) (CHDX) (SCAI +1%) (ADPT -1.1%)
Jul. 16, 2014, 2:58 PM| Jul. 16, 2014, 2:58 PM
Feb. 25, 2014, 12:26 PM
- Tenet Healthcare (THC -10.6%) is the S&P 500's worst performer as Q4 earnings beat forecasts but took on $400M in new debt and offered lower-than-expected guidance; the hospital operator sees Q1 adjusted EBITDA of $350M-$400M and FY 2014 EBITDA of $1.8B-$1.9B vs. analyst consensus estimates of $447M and $1.96B.
- THC reported Q4 adjusted admissions fell 0.5%, as inpatient admissions fell 2.3%; operating margin narrowed to 4.3% from 9.1%, as operating expenses jumped 75%.
- CRT Capital downgrades THC to Fair Value from Buy as accretion from the Vanguard Health Systems acquisition has not materialized in the near-term; instead of generating significant EBITDA growth, the business contracted from Q4 to Q1 and CRT's guidance suggests that the business will continue to shrink.
- On the other hand, Mizuho says it would be buyers on today's stock weakness, viewing initial 2014 EBITDA guidance as achievable given conservative assumptions around health reform coupled with a continued soft admission outlook (Briefing.com).
Other News & PR