From other sites
at CNBC.com (Jun 25, 2012)
at CNBC.com (Mar 30, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Sep 17, 2010)
There are 4 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
- International Tower Hill Mines reported a $1.2 million loss for the third quarter.
- Management is cutting expenses in the wake of a falling gold price.
- This is bad news considering that my speculative thesis depends on the company working towards an optimization plan at its Livengood Project.
- The optionality potential in International Tower Hill Mines is incredible as investors are ascribing just over $1/oz. of value to the Livengood Project.
International Tower Hill Mines: A Successful Optimization Plan Can Send Shares Soaring
- International Tower Hill Mines has fallen precipitously as the company's Livengood Project's feasibility study shows that the project needs much higher gold prices to become economical.
- Investors have given up on the company, whose value rests in its embedded gold price optionality--it is worth much more at much higher gold prices, otherwise it is worthless.
- Management has been pursuing other options, and given the information provided in the feasibility study it is possible to envision a smaller project focused on higher grade ore.
- While this isn't definitive and while we can't quantify such a scenario the stock is cheap enough to warrant a speculative position based on this possibility.
International Tower Hill Mines: The Era Of Big Projects Is Over
- International Tower Hill Mines' Livengood Project in Alaska is big as it contains more than 20 million ounces of gold.
- However, big isn't always good, and the NPV is very negative at the current gold price.
- Promotors of the company are spinning this as a positive thing, as the company provides a leverage on the gold price and you buy gold for $3/oz in the ground.
- However, I don't agree with this view, as the company is burning cash to the tune of $10M+ per year, so waiting for a higher gold price is expensive.
International Tower Hill Mines: Not As Cheap As It Seems
There are no Transcripts on THM.
THM vs. ETF Alternatives
International Tower Hill Mines Ltd., is a mineral exploration company engaged in the acquisition & exploration of mineral properties. The Company currently holds interests in an exploration project in Alaska referred to as the Livengood Gold Project.
Other News & PR