Oct. 8, 2015, 5:52 PM
- St. Jude Medical (NYSE:STJ) closes on its acquisition of Thoratec (NASDAQ:THOR), a deal it struck this summer for $3.4B that will add key products to St. Jude's heart failure portfolio.
- All shares of Thoratec outstanding at the close today have been converted to the right to get $63.50 in cash, and the shares will be delisted from Nasdaq.
- St. Jude expects the deal to be accretive to EPS in 2016. Analyst consensus for 2016 earnings per share is $4.34 on $5.87B in revenues.
Oct. 7, 2015, 4:31 PM
Jul. 22, 2015, 7:57 AM
- St. Jude Medical (NYSE:STJ) acquires Thoratec (NASDAQ:THOR) for $63.50 per share ($3.4B). The price represents a 10% premium over yesterday's close of $57.58. The deal should be accretive to STJ's revenue and earnings growth in 2016. The transaction is expected to close in Q4.
- The agreement includes a 30-day go-shop period during which THOR can solicit other offers.
Jul. 21, 2015, 12:41 PM
Jul. 2, 2014, 4:40 PM
- Thoratec (THOR -2.8%) acquires Irish cardiac device maker Apica Cardiovascular Ltd. for an upfront payment of $35M and up to $40M in clinical and sales milestone payments. The company's product development focus is on implant systems and devices that enable transapical surgical access. It's ASC system received CE Mark clearance in 2013 and is currently in limited commercial launch throughout Europe.