Today, 7:59 AM
- Shipping companies who move oil could be one set of losers following OPEC's deal to cut production for the first time in eight years.
- "Shipping is a volume game, so higher OPEC production has supported the tanker rates over the past few years," according to Rahul Kapoor, director of Drewry Financial Research Services."We don't have the numbers yet... but if all were to come true in terms of cuts, this would be negative for the market."
- Related tickers: DHT, EURN, FRO, GASS, GLNG, GNRT, NAT, NAP, SFL, TGP, TK, TNK, TNP, TOPS
Mon, Nov. 21, 12:41 PM
Thu, Nov. 3, 2:05 AM
Wed, Nov. 2, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, AAWW, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AFSI, AGIO, AGU, AKRX, AMAG, AMCX, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, ARCB, ARW, AVP, BCE, BDX, BLL, CCC, CCOI, CHD, CHK, CHTR, CI, CLDT, CNSL, COMM, CPK, CRIS, CRZO, CYBR, DDD, DNR, DW, ECA, EFOI, ENB, ENOC, EVA, FCPT, FI, FIG, FMSA, GEL, GEO, GIL, GLOG, GOGO, H, HAR, HFC, HHS, HII, HMHC, HRC, HSC, IBP, ICPT, INSY, IPCC, IQNT, IRWD, IT, KOP, LAMR, LBY, LDOS, LFUS, LINC, LNG, LXP, MFA, MGA, MITK, MITL, MPEL, MPG, MPW, MSGN, NERV, NGS, NNN, NXTM, OGE, ONCE, ONDK, PBH, PDCE, PGTI, PNW, PRFT, PWR, RDUS, RFP, RGEN, ROLL, RWLK, SFM, SGM, SHLX, SMG, SNSS, SPAR, SPGI, SQBG, STFC, STOR, TDY, TGI, THS, TICC, TIME, TK, TNK, TOO, TVPT, TWI, TX, UNT, USCR, VGR, VWR, WILN, WPC, WRLD, ZEUS
Thu, Oct. 27, 5:58 PM
- Teekay Corp. (NYSE:TK) says President and CEO Peter Evensen plans to retire effective Jan. 31, to be succeeded by current Teekay Offshore Group President and CEO Kenneth Hvid.
- Evensen also will retire from his positions as CEO and CFO of Teekay LNG Partners (NYSE:TGP) and Teekay Offshore Partners (NYSE:TOO) and all his board positions.
- Ingvild Saether is appointed President and CEO of Teekay Offshore Group and Mark Kremin is named President and CEO of Teekay Gas Group (TGP).
- Evensen joined Teekay in 2004 and became CEO in 2011.
Wed, Oct. 19, 11:42 AM
- Oil tanker rates have jumped to a four month high as traders booked the most-ever cargoes for this time of year, offering signs that Middle East producers could be adding barrels to the market just before OPEC cuts.
- Traders booked 141 spot cargoes for the month of October, the highest in at least 12 years, and dayrates on shipments from the Middle East to Asia jumped to nearly $46,900 while a surplus of crude tankers in the Persian Gulf matched the lowest level in a year, Bloomberg reports.
- Relevant tickers include FRO, NAT, TNP, TK, NNA, DHT, GNRT, STNG, GNR, NAP.
Mon, Oct. 3, 4:09 PM
Thu, Aug. 4, 3:49 AM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, ACRE, ACTA, AGCO, AGIO, AKRX, ALSK, AMCX, AME, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APLP, ARRY, AYR, BBW, BCE, BCRX, BDX, BLL, CBB, CCOI, CHD, CHK, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CPK, CRIS, CRZO, CTB, DNR, DUK, DW, ELOS, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FMSA, GLDD, GLOG, GOGO, GTN, HAR, HGG, HII, HL, HMHC, HRC, HSC, HSIC, HSNI, ICPT, IMGN, IOC, IPCC, IRM, IT, ITCI, ITT, K, KOP, LBY, LFUS, LGND, LIOX, LPX, LQDT, LXRX, MFC, MGM, MGP, MITL, MMS, MNTA, MPEL, MPG, MPW, NAO, NERV, NGS, NOK, NSAM, NXTM, OGE, OMAM, OMF, ORBC, PBH, PCRX, PGNX, PGTI, PH, PLUG, PPP, PRFT, PRIM, PRTY, PWR, QSR, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, ROLL, RVLT, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SGM, SHLX, SNR, SPAR, SPH, SRE, SSTK, SSYS, STFC, STOR, STWD, TDY, TEVA, THS, TICC, TIME, TK, TNK, TOO, TSEM, TVPT, TWI, UAM, UNT, USAC, USCR, VIAB, VLP, VWR, WIN, WPC, WRK, XLRN
Thu, Jul. 7, 5:37 PM
Fri, Jul. 1, 7:07 AM
Fri, Jun. 17, 12:47 PM
Fri, Jun. 3, 5:36 PM
Tue, May 31, 12:41 PM
- Teekay (TK +4.2%) “continues to enjoy strong support from its lenders and its major shareholder that are willing to provide additional capital to deal with the funding gap" from its $4.6B capex, Morgan Stanley says as it maintains its Equal Weight rating on the stock while raising its price target to $8 from $7.
- Stanley says Teekay Offshore Partners (TOO +4%) is close to completing its capitalization plan, which is expected to improve liquidity while deferring any funding gap to after 2017, while the funding gap for Teekay LNG Partners (TGP +1.2%) appears to be narrowing, with management expecting high newbuild financing.
- However, the firm also notes that TOO continues to have the highest exposure in the group to high dilution risk, given its expiring offshore contracts, large debt maturities and aging assets.
Thu, May 19, 9:18 AM
Thu, May 19, 5:12 AM
- Teekay (NYSE:TK): Q1 EPS of -$0.08 misses by $0.28.
- Revenue of $609.52M (+17.2% Y/Y) beats by $3.92M.