Taylor Morrison: Valuation Extremely Compelling
Taylor Morrison: Fresh Off Its IPO, This Homebuilder Is Flying Under The Radar
Money Investor • 11 Comments
Money Investor • 11 Comments
Tue, Jun. 7, 2:31 PM
- The major averages are up modestly, but the homebuilders (ITB +2.2%) are posting sharp gains, helped by a report Elliot Management has taken a stake in PulteGroup. Pulte is leading the way with a 4.6% advance.
- Toll Brothers (TOL +3%), Hovnanian (HOV +3.9%), KB Home (KBH +3%), Lennar (LEN +3.1%), Taylor Morrison (TMHC +3.8%), D.R. Horton (DHI +2.7%)
Wed, May 4, 6:56 AM
Tue, May 3, 5:30 PM
- AFAM, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ASC, ATRO, AVA, AYR, BDC, BUD, CDW, CHH, CLH, CPK, CRK, CRL, CRTO, CRZO, CSTE, D, DLPH, DNOW, ECYT, EE, ENR, FUN, GEL, GNRC, GTE, HAIN, HE, HFC, HSC, HSNI, HTWR, HYH, ICE, INXN, IONS, IRT, KATE, KLIC, LGND, MEMP, MFA, MMP, MOS, MPW, MTOR, NBL, NGS, NJR, NRZ, NVMI, NXTM, OMF, ONCE, ORBK, PCG, PCLN, RDC, RDS.A, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SERV, SHOP, SMP, SPAR, SR, SRE, SSTK, STRA, TGH, TGI, TMHC, TREE, TWX, VIRT, VOYA, VSI, WD, WIX, ZTS
Wed, Mar. 9, 11:34 AM
- The seller of 410 acres adjacent to the Desert Ridge master plan community is the Arizona State Land Department, and the buyer at auction is a joint venture between Taylor Morrison Home (NYSE:TMHC) and Pulte Homes (NYSE:PHM). Development on about 1.2K lots is expected to begin about one year from now.
- Source: Press Release
Tue, Mar. 8, 9:39 AM| Tue, Mar. 8, 9:39 AM
Wed, Feb. 3, 6:58 AM
- Taylor Morrison (NYSE:TMHC): Q4 EPS of $0.53 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $970M (-4.0% Y/Y) misses by $14.99M.
Tue, Feb. 2, 5:30 PM
Fri, Jan. 8, 10:22 AM
- Atlanta-based Acadia has 20 active and planned communities in the Atlanta submarkets. It's ASP in low $400's compares to Taylor Morrison's (TMHC -0.4%) mid-$200s, thus helping to diversity TMHC's customer base.
Dec. 15, 2015, 4:24 PM
- The program for the repurchase of up to $50M of stock had been set to expire at year-end, but has been extended to the end of 2016. Over the past 13 months, TMHC has bought back nearly 500K shares (spending somewhere in the area of $8M-$10M).
Nov. 4, 2015, 7:45 AM
- Home closings up 28% Y/Y to 1,700; home closings revenue of $779M up 26.5%; home closings adjusted gross margin of 21.5% down 200 basis points.
- Net sales orders up 18%+ to 1,635.
- SG&A expenses as a percent of home closings revenue of 10.1%, up 30 basis points.
- Earnings call at 8:30 ET
- Previously: Taylor Morrison misses by $0.02, misses on revenue (Nov. 4)
- TMHC flat premarket
Nov. 4, 2015, 7:03 AM
- Taylor Morrison (NYSE:TMHC): Q3 EPS of $0.37 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $796.28M (+26.6% Y/Y) misses by $12.41M.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AFAM, AGN, AMRN, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ARRY, AVA, AVP, AXAS, BDX, BIOS, BSFT, CBB, CDW, CECO, CHK, CLH, CRK, CRL, CRTO, CRZO, CST, CSTE, CTSH, DAVE, DDD, EE, EMES, FOR, FOXA, GDP, HAE, HEP, HMC, HSIC, HSNI, INXN, KELYA, KORS, LINC, LL, MEMP, MFA, MNTA, MSI, MWE, NAVB, NCT, NEWP, NRG, NYLD, REGN, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SHOP, SNH, SODA, SSYS, STNG, TESO, TMHC, TWX, USAK, VG, VOYA, VRTU, VSI, WCG, WD, WEC, WEN, WILN, WIX, WMC
Sep. 24, 2015, 10:15 AM
- SIngle-family new home sales in August at a seasonally-adjusted annualized rate of 552K were up 5.7% from July (itself upwardly revised to 522K from 505K). August's pace was also up 21.6% from a year ago.
- By region, Northeast sales of 36K rose from 29K, Midwest to 60K vs. 66K, South 319K from 297K, and West 137K vs. 130K.
- Despite the strong August results, homebuilders remain lower alongside the broader market.
- Leading the way lower is KB Home (KBH -3.4%) which reported an earnings beat this morning, but rising land costs did eat into profit margins.
- ETFs: ITB, XHB
- Toll Brothers (TOL -0.4%), PulteGroup (PHM -0.8%), Lennar (LEN -0.9%), D.R. Horton (DHI -0.8%), Standard Pacific (SPF -1.6%), Taylor Morrison (TMHC -1.5%).
Sep. 21, 2015, 9:40 AM
Sep. 11, 2015, 8:08 AM
- Alongside upgrades to Toll Brothers, PulteGroup, and Meritage Homes, JPMorgan downgrades Taylor Morrison Home (NYSE:TMHC) to Neutral, and WCIC Communities (NYSE:WCIC) to Underweight.
- WCIC has had a big year, up 30%, though TMHC is higher by just 2% over the same period.
- Previously: JPMorgan pulls sell recommendations on three homebuilders (Sept. 11)
Aug. 17, 2015, 4:33 PM
- Major stock indexes rebounded from opening declines to finish modestly higher, after a solid housing report showed some strength on a lightly traded Monday.
- Homebuilding stocks paced gainers, including Toll Brothers (TOL +2.3%); Ryland (RYL +2.1%); KB Home (KBH +3.1%), Lennar (LEN +2.7%) and Taylor Morrison Home (TMHC +2.9%).
- The S&P 500 gained 0.5% to 2,102.44; for 2015, it's up 2.12%. The move up came despite a grim reading from New York manufacturing that sent bond yields lower. TLT +0.5%; TBT -0.8%.
- Volumes overall were about 20% below recent average.
- Sector gains were broadly distributed, with a flat energy sector as the laggard. Healthcare stocks performed well, paced by dollar volume leaders Gilead Sciences (GILD +0.7%), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ +1.1%) and Biogen (NASDAQ:BIIB) +1.1%.
Taylor Morrison Home Corp. builds single-family detached and attached homes and develops land, which includes lifestyle and master-planned communities. The company operates its business in three geographic region segments: East, West and Mortgage Operations. The East region consists of Houston,... More
Industry: Real Estate Development
Country: United States
Other News & PR