Terra Nitrogen Co. LPNYSE
Tue, Aug. 30, 10:21 AM
- Potash Corp. (POT +12.3%) and Agrium (AGU +6.6%) resume trading after a halt for volatility following a Bloomberg report that the companies are in advanced merger talks.
- A combination reportedly could be announced as soon as next week, although no final decisions have been made.
- Related stocks also are ticking higher: MOS +7.3%, CF +4.4%, IPI +13.7%, SQM +3.1%, UAN +3.3%, TNH +2.3%, ICL +3.9%.
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:31 PM
Wed, May 4, 5:49 PM
- Terra Nitrogen (NYSE:TNH): Q1 EPS of $1.44
- Revenue of $108M (-14.7% Y/Y)
Fri, Apr. 1, 4:58 PM
- Terra Nitrogen (NYSE:TNH) says all ammonia and UAN units at its Verdigris, Okla., manufacturing facility are operating following a month-long outage.
- TNH had announced on Feb. 17 that it experienced an unscheduled outage for maintenance on one of the facility's two ammonia plants, resulting in the shutdown of roughly half of the complex; TNH says it completed the maintenance and restarted the affected ammonia plant on March 17.
- Now read Earning "Buffett-like" investment returns - part 2
Wed, Feb. 17, 5:33 PM
- Terra Nitrogen (NYSE:TNH): Q4 EPS of $2.49
- Revenue of $151.3M (-9.9% Y/Y)
Mon, Feb. 8, 6:26 PM
- Terra Nitrogen (NYSE:TNH) declares $2.88/share quarterly dividend, 2.5% increase from prior dividend of $2.81.
- Forward yield 11.59%
- Payable Feb. 29; for shareholders of record Feb. 18; ex-div Feb. 16.
Aug. 5, 2015, 6:01 PM
- Terra Nitrogen (NYSE:TNH): Q2 EPS of $3.31
- Revenue of $153.6M (-8.3% Y/Y)
May 6, 2015, 5:57 PM
- Terra Nitrogen (NYSE:TNH): Q1 EPS of $2.03
- Revenue of $126.6M (-28.8% Y/Y)
Feb. 17, 2015, 5:34 PM
- Terra Nitrogen (NYSE:TNH): Q4 EPS of $3.05
- Revenue of $168M (-0.2% Y/Y)
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:42 PM
- Terra Nitrogen (NYSE:TNH): Q3 EPS of $2.60.
- Revenue of $135.1M (+5.2% Y/Y).
Aug. 6, 2014, 5:59 PM
- Terra Nitrogen (NYSE:TNH): Q2 EPS of $3.16.
- Revenue of $167.5M (-22.2% Y/Y)
Feb. 18, 2014, 4:47 PM
- Terra Nitrogen Company (TNH): Q4 EPS of $3.73.
- Revenue of $168.3M.
Jan. 6, 2014, 12:35 PM
- The Obama administration is considering measures to toughen rules on fertilizer plants, farmers and oil drillers using or storing explosive chemicals such as those tied to a fatal blast in rural Texas last year, Bloomberg reports.
- Among policies being considered: lowering the threshold at which the government would be notified that ammonium nitrate is being used or stored; requiring farmers and oil drillers to report on explosive chemicals they possess; and adding chemicals to the hazardous substances lists.
- Related stocks: POT, CF, TNH, MOS, IPI, AGU, MON, BG, SQM.
Nov. 18, 2013, 12:45 PM
Jul. 31, 2013, 2:21 PM
- Although some analysts hold out hope that potash producers Uralkali and Belaruskali can settle their differences and reverse the damage from yesterday's breakup, Uralkali's CEO says it's not happening although he could consider joining with Belarus in a Swiss-based trading company.
- He believes new global potash projects will be delayed, and sees global potash demand rising to 59M-60M tons in 2014 from 54M-55M tons in 2013.
- Separately, Potash (POT -4.9%) confirms the Toronto Stock Exchange's approval of a previously announced ~43.35M share repurchase program.
- MOS -2.8%, IPI -7.4%, AGU -2.1%, SQM -4.9%, CF -0.5%, RNF -1%, TNH -1.3%, UAN -0.4%.
Jul. 29, 2013, 3:24 PM
- More on CF Industries (CF +10.1%) from Dan Loeb: "We believe its structural cash flow generation strength is misunderstood and that management should deliver a much larger dividend to its shareholders. Such a dividend would highlight the sustainability of its cash flow generation and lead to a substantial re-rating." (earlier)
- Josh Brown: "Dan Loeb is the last of the marquee name hedge fund managers with the aura intact. So CF Industries goes vertical on his buy."
- Potash peers: RNF +4.1%, AGU +2.5%, TNH +2%, MOS +1%, POT +1%.