Tonix: Its Blockbuster Headache Remedy, Two 2015 Catalysts, & Two Post-Offering Valuations
Jeff Eiseman • 49 Comments
Jeff Eiseman • 49 Comments
Tonix Pharmaceuticals: Four Data-Based Valuations Of A Deeply Underappreciated Pharmaceutical Company
Jeff Eiseman • 155 Comments
Jeff Eiseman • 155 Comments
Tue, Feb. 16, 12:46 PM
Tue, Feb. 16, 9:13 AM| Tue, Feb. 16, 9:13 AM | 1 Comment
Tue, Feb. 16, 8:55 AM
- Thinly traded nano cap Tonix Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:TNXP) slumps 38% premarket on robust volume in response to its announcement that its candidate for the treatment episodic tension-type headache (ETTH), TNX-201, failed to beat placebo in a Phase 2 proof-of-concept study.
- Based on a preliminary analysis, the trial failed to hit its primary endpoint of a statistically valid proportion of patients achieving headache pain-free status two hours after dosing. The study also fell short of two additional efficacy endpoints: the proportion of subjects experiencing at least a 70% reduction in pain from baseline two hours post dose as measured by the Visual Analog Scale (VAS) and an increase in VAS score from baseline two hours after dosing.
- On the plus side, a single 140 mg dose of TNX-201 was safe and well-tolerated with no serious adverse events reported in 75 patients.
- The company will terminate the development of the product candidate for this indication.
- TNX-201's active ingredient is (R) - isometheptene mucate, a single isomer (chemically similar) of isometheptene mucate, a widely used component in headache drugs (e.g., Midrin).
Jul. 14, 2015, 9:19 AM
Jun. 11, 2015, 12:45 PM
Apr. 21, 2015, 9:22 AM
Apr. 21, 2015, 8:59 AM
- SA author Jeff Eiseman says shares could be worth anywhere from $54 to $225, and thinks other (bullish) analysts aren't bullish enough.
- Source: Tonix Pharmaceuticals: Four Data-Based Valuations Of A Deeply Underappreciated Pharmaceutical Company
- Jason Napodano, who also covers the stock, thinks Eiseman's estimates are "wildly too high." He has a $14 target on TNXP.
- Shares are up 12% premarket on light turnover of 17K.
Jan. 6, 2015, 12:45 PM
Sep. 29, 2014, 5:36 PM
Sep. 29, 2014, 12:49 PM
Sep. 29, 2014, 9:16 AM
Sep. 29, 2014, 8:48 AM
- Thinly-traded nano cap Tonix Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:TNXP) craters 44% premaket on robust volume after the company reported top-line results from a 205-patient Phase 2b clinical trial of TNX-102 as a chronic bedtime treatment for fibromyalgia.
- The study failed to achieve its primary efficacy endpoint of change in average daily pain score at week 12.
- TNX-102 did demonstrate a statistically significant effect on pain by a 30% responder analysis of the primary pain data and statistically significant improvements in the Patient Global Impression of Change and the Fibromyalgia Impact Questionaire-Revised total score and on measures of sleep quality.
- The company is conducting a conference call this morning to discuss the results.
Sep. 26, 2014, 12:49 PM
- Thinly-traded nano cap Tonix Phamaceuticals (TNXP +12.3%) jumps on higher-than-average volume in response to the company's disclosure in an investor presentation that it plans to report top-line results from its BESTFIT Phase 2b/3 clinical trial evaluating the safety and efficacy of TNX-102 SL for the treatment of adult patients with fibromyalgia by October 15, 2014.
- In the Phase 2a trial, patients treated with TNX-102 capsules experienced average pain reduction of 26% versus placebo and over 70% of patients reported an improvement in sleep quality compared to placebo.
- Tonix estimates market clearance in 2017.
May 28, 2014, 2:51 PM
- Roughed-up of late, Tonix Pharmaceuticals (TNXP +9.5%) has its tail way in the air on word it will be added to the MSCI Global Micro Cap Index, effective May 30. "It is gratifying that Tonix's progress in the last year has been recognized by MSCI through inclusion in its index, as well as by the investment community at large," says CEO Dr. Seth Lederman
- Top line results for the BESTFIT trial of its TNX-102 SL drug to treat Fibromyalgia are due in Q4.
Feb. 4, 2014, 3:10 PM
- Tonix Pharmaceuticals (TNXP +5.7%) says it expects to report results from Phase IIb testing of its TNX-102 SL drug candidate in patients with fibromyalgia during H2 2014.
- TNXP says it began enrollment in the BESTFIT trial last September which was expected to monitor ~120 patients split equally between groups receiving either TNX-102 SL or placebo, measuring changes in pain intensity.
- TNXP also says it expects to begin a trial of TNX-102 SL as a potential treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder and tension-type headache during Q3 and Q4, respectively.
Jan. 27, 2014, 10:52 AM
- A little bit more air comes out of the previously scorching small-cap biotech names today. Among them: CytRx (CYTR -4.8%), Dyax (DYAX -5.2%), Galena (GALE -9.6%), Novavax (NVAX -9%), Arena (ARNA -6.3%), Synta (SNTA -10.8%), Zogenix (ZGNX -3.5%), Tonix (TNXP -8.4%).
- Biotech ETFs: IBB, XBI, BIB, BBH, FBT, PBE, BIS
Tonix Pharmaceuticals Holding Corp. is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company. It is engaged in developing and manufacturing new pharmaceutical products that are used in central nervous system drugs in large and growing markets. It products include TNX-102 SL and TNX-201. Tonix Pharmaceuticals... More
Industry: Drug Manufacturers - Major
Country: United States
Other News & PR