Nov. 2, 2015, 3:05 PM
- Blaming weather, new community development, labor shortages, and an extended building cycle pushing back closings in core markets, Green Brick Partners (GRBK -18%) cuts full-year pretax income guidance to $22M-$24M.
- Full Q3 results are due after the close on Nov. 12.
- It's another blow for David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital, an owner of 49% of the company, not to mention Greenlight Capital Re (GLRE -0.7%), where losses are growing thanks to hits in its investment portfolio.
- Dan Loeb's Third Point owns about 17% of GRBK. Third Point Reinsurance (TPRE +1.9%).
Nov. 26, 2013, 12:42 PM
- It's another big day for Dan Loeb's Third Point Re (TPRE +2.1%) after Credit Suisse boosts its price target to $16 from $15. The stock's ahead by nearly a third since its August IPO and now sports a 1.38x price to book ratio.
- For comparison purposes, David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital Re (GLRE +1.4%) - also after a big run in the stock - sports a 1.31x price to book ratio.
Third Point Reinsurance Ltd. is a holding company engages in the provision of insurance services. It operates through the property and casualty reinsurance, and catastrophe risk management segments. The property and casualty segment provides reinsurance products to insurance and reinsurance... More
Industry: Property & Casualty Insurance
Country: United States
Other News & PR