Feb. 5, 2015, 4:28 PM
- Tempur Sealy (NYSE:TPX): Q4 EPS of $0.86 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $745.5M (+9.9% Y/Y) beats by $5.84M.
- Shares -6.9%.
Oct. 30, 2014, 5:48 PM
Oct. 30, 2014, 4:36 PM
- Tempur Sealy (NYSE:TPX): Q3 EPS of $0.88 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $827.4M (+12.5% Y/Y) beats by $30.46M.
- Shares -9.73%.
Aug. 11, 2014, 10:29 AM
Jul. 24, 2014, 6:01 PM
- Tempur Sealy International (TPX) Q2 results: Net Sales: $715.0M (+8.2%), Retail: $658.2M (+9.3%), Direct: $30.6M (+1.0%), Bedding: $657.4M (+9.8%); Gross Profit: $268.3M (+5.3%); Operating Income: $50.3M (+14.3%).
- Gross margin declined 2.9% yoy to 37.5% due to increased investments in new products and related marketing. CEO Mark Sarvary expects significant margin improvement in 2H.
- 2014 Guidance: net sales: $2.925B - 2.975B; adjusted EBITDA: $410M - 430M; adjusted EPS: $2.60 - 2.85.
- Shares now down 5.1% after hours.
Jul. 24, 2014, 4:26 PM
- Tempur Sealy (NYSE:TPX): Q2 EPS of $0.39 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $715M (+8.2% Y/Y) beats by $11.7M.
- Shares -3.4%.
May 2, 2014, 9:47 AM
- Shares of Tempur Sealy International (TPX +6.9%) race higher in early trading after the company beats estimates on both lines with its Q1 results.
- Synergies from Tempur's acquisition of Sealy are starting to be realized.
- Also of note, Wedbush upgraded the stock to an Outperform rating this morning.
May 1, 2014, 4:14 PM
- Tempur Sealy (TPX): Q1 EPS of $0.53 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $701.9M (+79.9% Y/Y) beats by $18.18M.
Mar. 24, 2014, 7:27 PM
- As U.S. corporations sit on $1T-plus in cash and with many facing organic growth challenges, Morgan Stanley lists 44 multi-billion dollar cap companies it thinks have a high likelihood of receiving at least one tender offer over the next 12 months.
- In the energy sector: NFX, SD, TDW.
- In materials: CLF, AXLL, UFS, RGLD.
- Consumer discretionary: SBGI, WEN, TPX, EAT, BYI, DWA, JCP, AEO.
- Consumer staples: INGR, HAIN, HSH, WWAV.
- Health care: CELG, ESRX, WLP, REGN, ALXN, AET, CI, BDX, CERN.
- Financial: NSM.
- Tech: BRCD, ONNN, TIBX, SPWR, IM, JBL, SUNE, TER, ARRS, NSR.
- Telecom: CCI, SBAC, LVLT, WIN, FTR.
Feb. 18, 2014, 10:23 AM
- Tempur Sealy International (TPX +2%) looks poised for accelerating sales in Europe, predicts Piper Jaffray.
- Piper also sees momentum in the U.S. as new product line from Tempur resonate with consumers in H2.
- The investment firm shifts its rating on TPX to Overweight from Neutral and boosts its price target to $56.
Feb. 6, 2014, 4:06 PM
- Tempur Sealy International Inc. (TPX): Q4 EPS of $0.66 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $678.1M (+98.8% Y/Y) beats by $13.63M.
Feb. 6, 2014, 12:10 AM| Feb. 6, 2014, 12:10 AM | 4 Comments
Feb. 5, 2014, 5:35 PM| Feb. 5, 2014, 5:35 PM | 2 Comments
Jan. 6, 2014, 9:56 AM
Dec. 30, 2013, 10:26 AM
- Bob's Discount Furniture changes P-E hands, going to Bain Capital from Apax Partners.
- A deal for the furniture store chain is believed to be in the neighborhood of $350M.
- The company is in an aggressive expansion mode and in some markets competes with La-Z-Boy (LZB +0.7%), Tempur Sealy (TPX +0.4%), Bassett Furniture (BSET -0.2%), Ethan Allen (ETH -0.3%), and Pier 1 Imports (PIR -0.3%).
Nov. 14, 2013, 5:57 PM
- Intrexon (XON) +4.8% AH after David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital reveals it opened a ~2.1M-share position in the biotech company that went public in August. (13F)
- Greenlight also started positions in NVR and Tempur Sealy (TPX), and added large stakes in WPX Energy (WPX) and Spirit AeroSystems (SPR); it closed positions on Oaktree Capital (OAK), State Bank Financial (STBZ) and Capital Bank Financial (CBF), while selling 20% of its shares in Rite Aid (RAD).
- Its biggest positions are still in Apple (AAPL), 21.1% of the portfolio; GM, 11.3%; and Marvell Technology (MRVL), 9.4%.
Tempur Sealy International, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets mattresses, foundations, pillows and other products. The company's brand portfolio includes many of the recognized brands in the industry, including Tempur, Tempur-Pedic, Sealy, Sealy Posturepedic, Optimum and Stearns & Foster.... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Home Furnishings & Fixtures
Country: United States
Other News & PR