What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Tue, Jan. 19, 10:21 AM
- Tempur Sealy (TPX -5%) trades lower after Off Wall Street initiates shares with a Sell rating.
- The negative take on Tempur Sealy arrives even with activist firm H Partners on the scene with two board seats.
- Many of the concerns on Tempur Sealy focus on margin pressure in the bedding sector due to pricing trends.
Sep. 8, 2015, 10:51 AM
- Tempur Sealy International (TPX +5.7%) is higher after the company named Scott Thompson to be its new CEO.
- Thompson is the former CEO at Dollar Thrifty.
- Interim CEO Timothy Yaggo will resume his duties as Tempur's COO.
May 8, 2015, 2:09 PM
- Tempur Sealy (TPX +3.9%) announces three directors failed to be re-elected to the board.
- Chairman Andrews McLane, Christopher Masto, and CEO Mark Sarvary were all given the boot by shareholders.
- Sarvary stays on as CEO at the company.
- H Partners ran an active campaign to bring new blood to the board.
- Previously: Proxy firms pick sides in Tempur Sealy boardroom battle (Apr. 27 2015)
- TPX +3.86% after being halted briefly.
Apr. 28, 2015, 4:31 PM
- Tempur Sealy (NYSE:TPX): Q1 EPS of $0.55 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $739.5M (+5.4% Y/Y) beats by $19.77M.
- Shares +2.82%.
Feb. 6, 2015, 9:12 AM
Oct. 30, 2014, 5:48 PM
Aug. 11, 2014, 10:29 AM
Jan. 6, 2014, 9:56 AM
Nov. 14, 2013, 5:57 PM
- Intrexon (XON) +4.8% AH after David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital reveals it opened a ~2.1M-share position in the biotech company that went public in August. (13F)
- Greenlight also started positions in NVR and Tempur Sealy (TPX), and added large stakes in WPX Energy (WPX) and Spirit AeroSystems (SPR); it closed positions on Oaktree Capital (OAK), State Bank Financial (STBZ) and Capital Bank Financial (CBF), while selling 20% of its shares in Rite Aid (RAD).
- Its biggest positions are still in Apple (AAPL), 21.1% of the portfolio; GM, 11.3%; and Marvell Technology (MRVL), 9.4%.
Nov. 7, 2013, 1:04 PM
Nov. 6, 2013, 5:52 PM
- Tempur Sealy International (TPX) shares soar 13.4% AH after the company beat expectations in Q3. Short covering may have something to do with the outsized reaction, with short interest at 18.9% of the float as of Oct. 15.
- An 111.4% increase in net sales to $735.5M was fueled in large part to acquired Sealy's contribution of $389.9M.
- Tempur North America sales grew 0.6% to $242.4M in Q3, driven by a 4.8% increase in Other products revenue to $20.8M. Tempur International sales fell 3.6% to $103.2M.
- Gross margin fell to 40.6% from 49.2% in Q3 2012 due to the lower margins on Sealy mattresses.
- EBITDA of $115.5M was up 66.7% Y/Y.
- The company reaffirms 2013 guidance: revenue of $2.425B-$2.45B (vs. consensus of $2.44B), EBITDA of $370M-$385M, and EPS of $2.25-$2.40 ($2.32).
- PR, Conference call (webcast)
Nov. 6, 2013, 5:40 PM
Nov. 6, 2013, 4:07 PM
- Tempur Sealy Int'l (TPX): Q3 EPS of $0.73 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $735.5M (+111.4% Y/Y) beats by $25.59M. Shares +7.2% AH. (PR)
Oct. 17, 2013, 9:07 AM
- Mattress stocks could see some extra volatility after the meltdown of Select Comfort (SCSS) following poor Q3 results and a slash in guidance.
- In the early round of fireworks, shares of Select Comfort is off 25.5% premarket while peer Tempur Sealy (TPX) trades down 5.2%.
- On watch: Mattress Firm (MFRM)
Oct. 16, 2013, 5:35 PM
Sep. 10, 2013, 1:46 PM
- Tempur Sealy International (TPX -4.1%) trades weaker after the company's Investor Day presentation doesn't quite dazzle traders.
- Projected 2013 EPS is $2.33 which falls in the mid-point of previous guidance.
- Long-term sales projections are less rosy than previous forecasts, but the company says it expects to save +$100M annually in the long term through integration measures in warehouse, sourcing, and manufacturing.
- Presentation slides (.pdf)
Other News & PR