Tempur Sealy: Money Under The Mattress
Mon, Aug. 8, 11:34 AM
- Shares of Tempur Sealy (NYSE:TPX) are up 1.2% on significant volume after Mattress Firm attracts a hefty takeover offer.
- The bedding stocks trades on the higher end of its 52-week range of $50.80 and $82.61, despite the elevated amount of interest from short sellers.
- Previously: New 52-week high for Select Comfort (Aug. 8)
- Previously: Steinhoff gets in bed with Mattress Firm (Aug. 8)
Thu, Jul. 28, 12:00 PM
Thu, Jul. 28, 9:16 AM
- Gainers: EVOK +31%. GRPN +29%. OCN +25%. ALR +20%. N +18%. ESI +15%. TPX +15%. GRUB +13%. LOGI +13%. VSTM +12%. CRUS +11%. ASPS +11%. CHCI +11%. EBIO +11%. AXTI +11%. VNR +9%. SPHS +9%. VGZ +8%. KONA +7%. CLF +6%. ARIA 6%. SPU 5%. YNDX 5%.
- Losers: INFN -32%. ARGS -18%. AVXL -10%. IVTY -10%. F -8%. CIEN -8%. CBD -8%. XCOM -7%. EXAS -6%. WFM -5%.
Thu, Apr. 28, 9:16 AM| Thu, Apr. 28, 9:16 AM
Tue, Jan. 19, 10:21 AM
- Tempur Sealy (TPX -5%) trades lower after Off Wall Street initiates shares with a Sell rating.
- The negative take on Tempur Sealy arrives even with activist firm H Partners on the scene with two board seats.
- Many of the concerns on Tempur Sealy focus on margin pressure in the bedding sector due to pricing trends.
Sep. 8, 2015, 10:51 AM
- Tempur Sealy International (TPX +5.7%) is higher after the company named Scott Thompson to be its new CEO.
- Thompson is the former CEO at Dollar Thrifty.
- Interim CEO Timothy Yaggo will resume his duties as Tempur's COO.
May 8, 2015, 2:09 PM
- Tempur Sealy (TPX +3.9%) announces three directors failed to be re-elected to the board.
- Chairman Andrews McLane, Christopher Masto, and CEO Mark Sarvary were all given the boot by shareholders.
- Sarvary stays on as CEO at the company.
- H Partners ran an active campaign to bring new blood to the board.
- Previously: Proxy firms pick sides in Tempur Sealy boardroom battle (Apr. 27 2015)
- TPX +3.86% after being halted briefly.
Apr. 28, 2015, 4:31 PM
- Tempur Sealy (NYSE:TPX): Q1 EPS of $0.55 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $739.5M (+5.4% Y/Y) beats by $19.77M.
- Shares +2.82%.
Feb. 6, 2015, 9:12 AM
Oct. 30, 2014, 5:48 PM
Aug. 11, 2014, 10:29 AM
Jan. 6, 2014, 9:56 AM
Nov. 14, 2013, 5:57 PM
- Intrexon (XON) +4.8% AH after David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital reveals it opened a ~2.1M-share position in the biotech company that went public in August. (13F)
- Greenlight also started positions in NVR and Tempur Sealy (TPX), and added large stakes in WPX Energy (WPX) and Spirit AeroSystems (SPR); it closed positions on Oaktree Capital (OAK), State Bank Financial (STBZ) and Capital Bank Financial (CBF), while selling 20% of its shares in Rite Aid (RAD).
- Its biggest positions are still in Apple (AAPL), 21.1% of the portfolio; GM, 11.3%; and Marvell Technology (MRVL), 9.4%.
Nov. 7, 2013, 1:04 PM
Nov. 6, 2013, 5:52 PM
- Tempur Sealy International (TPX) shares soar 13.4% AH after the company beat expectations in Q3. Short covering may have something to do with the outsized reaction, with short interest at 18.9% of the float as of Oct. 15.
- An 111.4% increase in net sales to $735.5M was fueled in large part to acquired Sealy's contribution of $389.9M.
- Tempur North America sales grew 0.6% to $242.4M in Q3, driven by a 4.8% increase in Other products revenue to $20.8M. Tempur International sales fell 3.6% to $103.2M.
- Gross margin fell to 40.6% from 49.2% in Q3 2012 due to the lower margins on Sealy mattresses.
- EBITDA of $115.5M was up 66.7% Y/Y.
- The company reaffirms 2013 guidance: revenue of $2.425B-$2.45B (vs. consensus of $2.44B), EBITDA of $370M-$385M, and EPS of $2.25-$2.40 ($2.32).
- PR, Conference call (webcast)
Nov. 6, 2013, 5:40 PM
Tempur Sealy International, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets mattresses, foundations, pillows and other products. The company's brand portfolio includes many of the recognized brands in the industry, including Tempur, Tempur-Pedic, Sealy, Sealy Posturepedic, Optimum and Stearns & Foster.... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Home Furnishings & Fixtures
Country: United States