What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Thu, Jan. 14, 11:31 AM
- After closing down 29.7% yesterday despite raising its revenue guidance, LendingTree (NASDAQ:TREE) announced it will purchase up to $50M common stock under its existing buyback program. (PR)
- The new purchases represent a fivefold increase from the prior $10M authorized in May 2014. About $7.3M remains of that program still unpurchased.
- The purchases will be made on the open market with no set timeline.
- CEO Doug Lebda also hinted at higher 2016 guidance: “We just increased our Q4 and full year 2015 guidance beyond the top end of the prior range, and while we haven't yet given updated guidance for 2016, the year is off to a great start and we expect to release increased 2016 guidance at our next earnings call."
Thu, Jan. 14, 9:16 AM
Wed, Jan. 13, 12:55 PM
- LendingTree (NASDAQ:TREE) has nosedived after upping its 2015 revenue guidance to $252.5M-$253.5M (+51% Y/Y) from $2444-$247M. The revised outlook implies Q4 revenue of $76.6M-$77.6M, above a $70.4M consensus.
- 2015 variable marketing margin guidance has been upped to $92.5M-$93.5M ($25.5M-$26.5M in Q4) from $89M-$91M, and adjusted EBITDA margin guidance to $38.8M-$39.8M ($10M-$11M in Q4) from $38.3M-$38.8M.
- CEO Doug Lebda: "Our mortgage business continued its growth trajectory through what is typically a seasonally-challenging period and despite market fears over rising interest rates. Additionally, we continue to see new growth drivers emerge and we're particularly pleased with the performance in our credit cards and home equity marketplaces."
- Q4 results arrive on Feb. 25; LendingTree will "address any updates" to its 2016 outlook during its Q4 earnings call. Shares are now down over 50% from an August peak of $139.59.
Wed, Jan. 13, 12:43 PM
Dec. 10, 2015, 9:57 AM
- The addition of American Express means LendingTree's (TREE +9.2%) credit card marketplace now has all five major credit card companies.
- The company expects revenue from its credit card business to more than double sequentially in Q4 (it was $2.7M in Q3).
- Source: Press Release
- Bank of America upgrades to Buy.
Nov. 2, 2015, 2:05 PM
- LendingTree (NASDAQ:TREE) is selling 725K new shares, and another 125K on behalf of chairman/CEO Doug Lebda, through a public offering. Underwriters are expected to have a 127.5K-share overallotment option. (prospectus)
- At current levels, the offering would yield LendingTree proceeds of $84M. Not counting the overallotment option, the sale stands to increase the company's share count by 6%. Lebda's stake will be lowered to 20.2% (2.66M shares) from 22.4%.
Oct. 26, 2015, 12:45 PM
Oct. 26, 2015, 9:15 AM
Oct. 26, 2015, 7:47 AM
- Q3 revenue from mortgage products to $44.2M up 19% from Q2, up 38% Y/Y. Revenue from non-mortgage products of $25.6M up 43% and 175%, respectively. Non-mortgage made up 37% of total revenue vs. 23% a year ago.
- Selling and Marketing expense of $48.9M up 33% Q/Q, and 80% Y/Y. Variable marketing margin as a percent of revenue of 35% vs. 39% and 40% respectively.
- Net income from continuing operations of $7.4M up 16% Q/Q and 1,133% Y/Y. EPS of $0.59 vs. $0.52 and $0.05. Adjusted net income per share of $0.79 up 25% Q/Q and 93% Y/Y.
- Full-year revenue is now expected at $244M-$247M, up 46-48% from 2014, and vs. previous guidance of $225M-$230M. Adjusted EBITDA is expected at $38.3M-$38.8M vs. previous guidance of $35M-$36M.
- 2016 full-year revenue is expected to be $315M-$320M, with adjusted EBITDA of $50M-$52M.
- Conference call at 8 ET
- TREE +13.3% premarket
Oct. 26, 2015, 7:07 AM
- Tree.com (NASDAQ:TREE): Q3 EPS of $0.59 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $69.8M (+69.0% Y/Y) beats by $8.79M.
Sep. 28, 2015, 3:00 PM
- Plenty of high-beta tech names are getting clobbered as the Nasdaq posts a 3% drop amid a broad market selloff.
- Firms down over 5% include memory giant Micron (MU -5.6%), salvage auction site Liquidity Services (LQDT -10.5%), industrial measurement toolmaker Perceptron (PRCP -12.1%), cloud healthcare software provider Castlight (CSLT -5.4%), CDN owner Limelight (LLNW -8.6%), mortgage origination software firm Ellie Mae (ELLI -6.1%), ultracapacitor maker Maxwell (MXWL -8.5%), Korean analog/mixed-signal chipmaker MagnaChip (MX -9.3%), online loan marketplace LendingTree (TREE -7.9%), and online ad retargeting firm Criteo (CRTO -5.9%).
- Micron's decline comes ahead of its Thursday FQ4 report. Nomura predicted today FQ4 results will miss consensus, and that FQ1 will also be weak. "While an estimate cut is well understood, we believe Micron’s stock will continue to track DRAM/NAND pricing, which is trending lower into the peak of the build season.” Cowen, on the other hand, argued FQ4 will be the bottom, and stated checks point to Samsung "pulling back meaningfully on capex."
- See also: Solar stocks, GoPro, Mindbody, Qorvo
Sep. 24, 2015, 12:40 PM
Aug. 4, 2015, 12:45 PM
Aug. 4, 2015, 10:38 AM
- Q2 adjusted net income of $7.8M or $0.63 per share vs. $4.6M and $0.39 one year ago.
- Mortgage products revenue of $37.2M up 7% Y/Y. Non-mortgage products revenue of $17.9M up 139% - includes personal loans of $11.6M up nearly 4x Y/Y and 46% from Q1. Non-mortgage revenue now accounts for 32% of all revenue, up from 27% last quarter, and 18% a year ago.
- Variable marketing margin of $21.4M up 35% Y/Y; as a percent of revenue of 39% vs. 38% a year ago.
- Full-year revenue guidance of $225M-$230M up from previous guidance of $202M-$208M. Variable marketing margin up $86M-$89M up from $78M-$82M. Adjusted EBITDA of $35M-$36M up from $30M-$31M.
- Previously: LendingTree beats by $0.19, beats on revenue (Aug. 3)
- TREE +38%
Aug. 3, 2015, 4:05 PM
- Tree.com (NASDAQ:TREE): Q2 EPS of $0.52 beats by $0.19.
- Revenue of $55.13M (+30.8% Y/Y) beats by $3.16M.
Jul. 7, 2015, 5:58 PM
LendingTree Inc is an online lender exchange that connects consumers with lenders, and provides online tools to aid consumers in their financial divisions. It provides services such as mortgages, refinance loans, home equity loans, and among others.
Other News & PR