Thu, Apr. 30, 6:18 PM
- On top of missing Q1 estimates, Trimble (NASDAQ:TRMB) is guiding for Q2 revenue of $570M-$600M and EPS of $0.23-$0.30, below a consensus of $641.3M and $0.37.
- "We continued to face the same headwinds we encountered in late 2014, primarily associated with the agriculture market, the fallout from the oil price decline, and the strong dollar," says CEO Steven Berglund. "On the positive side, we had several meaningful competitive wins that validate our strategy in construction and transportation. We continue to see a challenge in the first half of 2015 with a return to growth and improved margins in the second half."
- Field Solutions (agriculture product) sales fell 17% Y/Y in Q1 to $115.3M. Mobile Solutions +8% to $128.2M. Engineering/construction -3% to $299.3M. Advanced Devices +3% to $39.8M.
- Forex had a 4% impact on total revenue growth, and gross margin fell 140 bps Y/Y to 52.7%. $12.6M was spent on buybacks.
- Shares have fallen to $23.75 AH. The 52-week low is $23.68.
- Q1 results, PR
Thu, Apr. 30, 4:31 PM| Comment!
Tue, Feb. 10, 6:39 PM
- Trimble (NASDAQ:TRMB) expects Q1 revenue of $590M-$620M and EPS of $0.26-$0.33, below a consensus of $620.1M and $0.37.
- A 27% Y/Y drop in Field Solutions (agriculture products) revenue to $80.7M contributed to the Q4 revenue miss. Engineering & Construction revenue fell 1% to $328.5M, Mobile Solutions 1% to $124.1M, and Advanced Devices 2% to $30.5M. Forex had a 2% revenue impact.
- GAAP costs/expenses fell 14% to $215.7M, helping EPS meet estimates in spite of the revenue miss. Gross margin (non-GAAP) fell to 56% from 57.8% in Q3 and 57% a year ago. $33M was spent on buybacks.
- CEO Steven Berglund: "We were impacted in the fourth quarter by a stronger dollar, deferred revenue accounting effects associated with new acquisitions, and the short-term reaction to the decline in oil prices ... Agriculture revenue for the quarter was consistent with our expectation and represents a significant year-over-year decline ... Despite continuing headwinds in the first half of 2015 we anticipate strengthening results as the year progresses."
- Shares are down to $25.35 AH. They were initially showing steeper AH losses.
- Q4 results, PR
Tue, Feb. 10, 4:45 PM
Mon, Feb. 9, 5:35 PM
Oct. 30, 2014, 6:38 PM
- Trimble (NASDAQ:TRMB) expects Q4 revenue of $560M-$590M and EPS of $0.26-$0.32, well below a consensus of $638M and $0.41.
- CEO Steven Berglund, discussing Trimble's Q3: "While we recorded a year-over-year increase in revenue, the quarter was unimpressive. Our results in agriculture and Europe were both weaker than we originally anticipated."
- Q3 results, PR
Oct. 30, 2014, 4:47 PM| Comment!
Aug. 5, 2014, 5:45 PM| Comment!
May. 6, 2014, 6:11 PM
- Trimble (TRMB) expects Q2 revenue of $605M-$630M and EPS of $0.38-$0.42, below a consensus of $645.8M and $0.45. The company blames its Q1 miss on North American agriculture weakness. Shares -8.3% AH. (Q1 results, PR)
- Oclaro (OCLR) expects FQ4 revenue of $90M-$100M, below a $103.8M consensus. Gross margin is expected to be in a range of 12%-16% vs. an FQ3 level of 12%, which missed guidance of 13%-17% - Oclaro blames "product rationalization and ramp decisions made during the quarter and issues related to management of [its] contract manufacturers." Shares -12.8% AH. (FQ3 results, PR)
- JIVE Software expects Q2 revenue of $41.5M-$42.5M and EPS of -$0.10 to $0.12 vs. a consensus of $41.9M and -$0.11. Full-year guidance is for revenue of $171M-$176M and EPS of -$0.38 to -$0.45 vs. a consensus of $172.6M and -$0.44. Full-year free cash flow is expected to be in a range of -$15M to -$20M. Shares +5.4% AH, aided by low expectations. (Q1 results, PR)
May. 6, 2014, 5:23 PM| Comment!
Feb. 11, 2014, 5:29 PM
- Trimble (TRMB) expects Q1 revenue of $610M-$630M and EPS of $0.40-$0.43 vs. a consensus of $617M and $0.42. Shares +7% AH. (Q4 results, PR)
- Marin Software (MRIN) expects Q1 revenue of $21.4M-$21.8M and EPS of -$0.28 to -$0.26 vs. a consensus of $21.6M and -$0.26. However, full-year guidance is for revenue of $95M-$96.6M and EPS of -$0.94 to -$0.90, above a consensus of $93.7M and -$0.96. Shares +14.1% AH. (Q4 results, PR)
- Marketo (MKTO) expects Q1 revenue of $29.5M-$30.5M and EPS of -$0.28 to -$0.30 vs. a consensus of $28.2M and -$0.22. Full-year guidance is for revenue of $130M-$135M and EPS of -$1.09 to -$1.15 vs. a consensus of $125.6M and -$0.82. Shares -2.2% AH. (Q4 results, PR)
Feb. 11, 2014, 4:23 PM| Comment!
Feb. 11, 2014, 12:10 AM
Feb. 10, 2014, 5:35 PM
Oct. 31, 2013, 5:21 PM
- Shares of Trimble Navigation (TRMB) pop 9% AH after the company posted mixed Q3 results but issued strong guidance.
- Engineering & Construction revenue climbed 8% to $310.6M, Field Solutions -3% to $99.5M, Mobile Solutions +35% $113.6M, and Advanced Devices +7% to $32.9M.
- Management expects revenue in Q4 of $560M-$580M (vs. consensus of $564.4M) and EPS of $0.35-$0.39 ($0.35).
Oct. 31, 2013, 5:08 PM| Comment!
TRMB vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR