The Travelers Companies Is Proving Mostly Immune To Correction
Mon, Mar. 14, 12:13 PM
- Nasdaq is making annual changes to its U.S. Broad Dividend Achievers Index, adding AFG, AMP, ATRI, BOBE, BOKF, CMI, CNP, CTWS, DAKT, GK, ISCA, MNRO, NHC, NWE, OKS, SRCE, STE, STON, SXT, THG, TLP, TMK, and TRV.
- To be dropped: ARG, COP, DRI, NC, STR, THFF, VSEC, WMB.
- The index is comprised of stocks with at least ten straight years of boosting annual dividend payments, and is tracked by the Vanguard Dividend Appreciation ETF (NYSEARCA:VIG).
- The changes become effective ahead of the open on March 21.
- Source: Press release
Apr. 22, 2014, 9:00 AM
- The quarterly dividend is boosted 10% to $0.55 per share.
- Operating income of $1.052B or $2.95 per share vs. $887M or $2.31 per share one year ago.
- Net written premiums of $5.873B up 5% Y/Y (Dominion purchase). Underlying GAAP combined ratio improves to 88.2% from 90.8%.
- ROE of 16.8% up from 14.1% a year ago. Adjusted book value per share of $68.25 up 3% from $66.41 at year's end.
- Net investment income of $582M up 7% thanks to strong markets.
- CC at 9 ET
- TRV +0.4% premarket
The Travelers Cos., Inc. is a holding company engaged through its subsidiaries in providing a wide range of commercial and personal property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses, government units, associations and individuals. The company operates its business through three... More
Industry: Property & Casualty Insurance
Country: United States
Other News & PR