Nov. 4, 2015, 3:05 AM
- The NHTSA is imposing a fine of up to $200M on Japanese air bag maker Takata (OTCPK:TKTDY) for providing inaccurate information about its explosive safety devices that have so far been linked to eight deaths.
- Honda (NYSE:HMC) didn't take the news lightly. The automaker immediately dropped its longtime partner as an air bag provider, stating it had "misrepresented and manipulated test data."
- Inflator suppliers that could see a boost from the news: Autoliv (NYSE:ALV), TRW Automotive (NYSE:TRW) and Daicel.
Oct. 31, 2015, 12:51 PM
- The European Automobile Manufacturers Association issued a statement this week in which it forecasts that a "substantial number" of diesel models will have to be phased out earlier than anticipated.
- The harsh assessment was mirrored by several heavyweight CEOs at the Tokyo Motor Show. The major focus of the event has been next-gen concepts like hydrogen-powered cars and self-driving features, while execs such as Nissan's Carlos Ghosn have marginalized the future of diesel.
- Many automobile industry insiders have noted that diesel was in decline due to the focus on emissions even before Volkswagen (OTCQX:VLKAY) rocked the industry with a cheating scandal.
- The mix of technology, EV, hydrogen, and powertrain changes have kept analysts buzzing over the proper valuations to assign to major players. A reset of demand expectations in China also factors in significantly.
- Automobile industry stocks: DAN, BWA, MTOR, TRW, FDML, DLPH,GNTX, SMP, AXL, MPAA, ALV, MOD, DLPH, VC, THRM, WPRT, GM, F, TM, FCAU, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, TTM, TSLA, THRM, BWA, JCI, TEN, CPS, LDL, TOWR, OTCPK:PEUGF, OTC:RNSDF, OTCPK:RNLSY.
- Previously: Hydrogen and self-driving cars the talk at the Toyota Motor Show (Oct. 29)
May 5, 2015, 7:02 AM
- TRW Automotive (NYSE:TRW): Q1 EPS of $2.01 beats by $0.14.
- Revenue of $4.14B (-6.8% Y/Y) misses by $40M.
Apr. 22, 2015, 9:31 AM
- TRW Automotive (NYSE:TRW) announces a subsidiary signed off on a deal to sell its linkage and suspension business for $400M.
- The sale is expected to close before the end of FQ3.
- Proceeds are slated to go toward general corporate purposes.
Mar. 25, 2015, 11:00 AM
- Amtek Auto is one of a few companies considering making an offer for TRW Automotive's (TRW) suspension business, sources tell Bloomberg.
- The Indian company is a subsidiary of Amtek Group.
- A sale could bring in as much as $500M for TRW.
- TRW has been shopping the unit as part of its asset cleansing in front of a merger with ZF Friedrchshafen.
Mar. 12, 2015, 11:18 AM
Feb. 20, 2015, 7:59 AM
- ZF Friedrichshafen has offered concessions in a bid to secure EU approval for its $13.5B takeover of TRW Automotive (NYSE:TRW).
- Previously, ZF sold its steering systems business to Robert Bosch to remove possible regulatory concerns over the acquisition.
- The European Commission will now decide by March 12 instead of Feb. 25 whether to clear the deal.
- Previously: TRW Automotive confirms sales to ZF Friedrichshafen (Sep. 15 2014)
Feb. 13, 2015, 7:11 AM
- TRW Automotive (NYSE:TRW): Q4 EPS of $2.31 beats by $0.44.
- Revenue of $4.35B (-3.3% Y/Y) beats by $140M.
Feb. 12, 2015, 5:30 PM
Feb. 2, 2015, 2:35 PM
Oct. 28, 2014, 7:11 AM
- TRW Automotive (NYSE:TRW): Q3 EPS of $1.75 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $4.16B (-1.2% Y/Y) misses by $50M.
Oct. 11, 2014, 11:05 AM
- Auto supplier stocks look poised for a vibrant rally with global demand strengthening, notes Barron's.
- A strong push by automakers to increase capacity and introduce new models with lower emissions could support the industry for years - while the race by OEMs to compete in China presents the group new opportunities.
- Innovation in self-driving car technology and the growth in electric vehicles/hydrogen-powered cars might also factor in to help demand.
- The auto supplier/parts trade could be relatively short-lived if a forecast from the chief economist from the National Automobile Dealers Association proves correct. Steven Szakaly thinks the U.S. can't support an annual selling rate of over 17M over the long term. Higher interest rates could be a spoiler, he notes.
- Auto supplier/parts stocks: DAN, BWA, MTOR, TRW, FDML, DLPH,GNTX, SMP, AXL, MPAA, ALV, MOD, DLPH, VC, THRM, WPRT.
Sep. 23, 2014, 2:50 PM
- TRW Automotive (TRW -0.2%) announces that it signed a 7-year agreement with Daimler Trucks North America to supply the firm with steering systems.
- The company says its plants in the U.S. and Mexico will deliver the products to DTNA plants in North America.
Sep. 15, 2014, 10:27 AM
- TRW Automotive (TRW -0.9%) is acquired by ZF Friedrichshafen for $105.60 per share in a deal valued at $13.5B.
- ZF plans to run TRW as a separate business under its umbrella.
- A deal closing is expected in the first half of 2015.
Sep. 15, 2014, 9:06 AM
Sep. 11, 2014, 11:19 AM
TRW Automotive Holdings Corp, through its subsidiaries,is a supplier of automotive systems, modules and components to automotive original equipment manufacturers and related aftermarkets.
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Auto Parts
Country: United States