Thu, Jun. 30, 8:35 AM
- The pullback in the stock following last night's cut in guidance is a buying opportunity, says Piper Jaffray's Peter Keith, maintaining his Overweight rating, though cutting the price target to $103 from $105 (current is $91.98).
- 1) Q2 weakness appears to be mostly weather-induced; 2) Sales trends have rebounded since Memorial Day; 3) A just-rolled out inventory system should start paying dividends; 4) The stock appears set to open at a healthy discount to its historic 25x P/E multiple.
- "We can see nothing with Q2 that represents a structural change to the story, and all of the favorable long-term drivers (limited e-com threat, favorable demographics, fragmented competition, etc.) remain intact."
- TSCO -3.35% premarket.
Wed, Jun. 29, 5:38 PM
Wed, Jun. 29, 4:51 PM
- Tractor Supply Co. (NASDAQ:TSCO) has resumed trading and is down 6.8%, after it lowered guidance at today's market close.
- The company cut its forecast for full-year comparable-store sales growth to 2.5%-3.5% following a challenging Q2. It lowered expectations for overall net sales and net income as well.
- Including today's gain during the regular session, TSCO is up 11.3% YTD.
Tue, Jun. 14, 9:09 AM
Wed, Apr. 20, 5:37 PM
Wed, Apr. 20, 4:04 PM
Feb. 19, 2015, 8:06 AM
Jan. 8, 2015, 10:57 AM
Oct. 23, 2014, 9:10 AM
Oct. 22, 2014, 6:46 PM
- Tractor Supply (NASDAQ:TSCO) comparable store sales increased 5.6% Y/Y, revenue +12.6% to $1.36B.
- Gross margin decreased 30 bps to 34.1% mainly from higher transportation costs and the mix of merchandise sold.
- The Company opened 30 new stores vs. 23 last year.
- Raised FY revenue guidance to $5.62 - 5.7B vs. $5.6B consensus; EPS guidance $2.54 - 2.62 vs. $2.55 consensus.
- Shares +11% AH.
Oct. 22, 2014, 5:39 PM
Oct. 22, 2014, 4:07 PM
- Tractor Supply (NASDAQ:TSCO): Q3 EPS of $0.55 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $1.36B (+12.4% Y/Y) beats by $40M.
- Shares +8%.
Jul. 10, 2014, 9:17 AM
Jul. 9, 2014, 5:34 PM
Jul. 9, 2014, 4:26 PM
- Tractor Supply (TSCO) had Q2 sales of $1.58B (+8.8% Y/Y), below a $1.6B consensus. The company expects Q2 EPS of $0.94-$0.95, below a $1.02 consensus. Gross margin is expected to be flat Y/Y.
- Moreover, Tractor Supply now forecasts full-year revenue, EPS, and same-store sales will be at the low end of prior guidance ranges of $5.62B-$5.7B, $2.54-$2.62, and 2.5%-4%. Revenue and EPS consensus are at $5.67B and $2.62.
- Same-store sales rose 1.9% Y/Y in Q2, down from 2.2% in Q1 and 7.2% a year ago. Solid traffic and strong sales of consumable, usable, and edible products was partly offset by weak sales of seasonal products (mostly in Northern regions), ongoing softness in TSCO's safe category, and deflation.
- Full Q2 results arrive on July 23.
Feb. 24, 2014, 4:06 PM
- Tractor Supply (TSCO) authorizes another $1B for share repurchases.
- The company's total buyback allowance is now $2B.
- TSCO +0.4% AH
Tractor Supply Co. engages in the retail sale of farm and ranch products. It operates retail farm and ranch stores and focuses on supplying the lifestyle needs of recreational farmers and ranchers. The company operates its retail stores under the names: Tractor Supply Company and Del's Feed &... More
Industry: Specialty Retail, Other
Country: United States
Other News & PR