There are 2 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
GlobeNewswire (Aug 11, 2014)
GlobeNewswire (Jul 16, 2014)
GlobeNewswire (Jun 10, 2014)
Wed, Aug. 20, 9:29 AM
- “We will take what economic activity we can get, but our housing market model was designed in the U.S. to build a lot of single-family homes for owners, not multifamily homes for renters," says Diane Swonk commenting on yesterday's big jump in housing starts.
- A big share of the gain came from multifamily starts - typically a volatile number - but a rolling 12-month total shows apartment construction at its highest level in 25 years. Single-family housing has a bigger multiplier effect for both consumer spending and employment, says Swonk.
- As for apartment owners, a separate report showed rents up 3.3% Y/Y, their fastest pace of increase in five years. It's little mystery why the stocks of companies like Equity Residential (NYSE:EQR) and AvalonBay (NYSE:AVB) are at all-time highs, but their owners may want to mull the fast pace of building.
- Others of interest: ESS, PPS, UDR, AIV, CPT, HME, MAA, TSRE, AEC, IRET, APTS
Mon, Aug. 11, 8:01 AM
- Core FFO of $2.2M or $0.06 per share vs. a loss of $300K or $0.03 one year ago. Dividend is $0.095.
- Excluding a one-time property tax settlement, same store NOI grew 5.5% Y/Y, thanks to occupancy rising 60 bps to 96.2% and a 3% rise in rents to $879 per month.
- Conference call at 11 ET
- Previously: Trade Street Residential misses by $0.02
- TSRE flat premarket
Mon, Aug. 11, 7:14 AM
Tue, Jun. 10, 7:03 AM| Comment!
Wed, May. 21, 8:57 AM
- It's been a tough first year as a public company for southeast U.S. apartment owner Trade Street Residential (TSRE), but analyst Ryan Gilbert says the company is set for fast AFFO growth driven by the stabilization of its newly acquired portfolio of apartment properties with mid-6% yields and 60% NOI margins (vs. TSRE's current 53.5%).
- Past the rights offering and management transition, the only headwind left is the Class A preferred repurchase which should be completed this year.
- "The natural catalyst for TSRE will be demonstrating the strength of the leaseup portfolio through AFFO and NOI margin growth. Other near term catalysts include the Class A repurchase, the disposal of land held for sale, and capital recycling into new properties from non-core properties."
- He starts the stock with a Buy and $8.50 price target.
Thu, May. 8, 5:48 AM
Tue, Mar. 18, 5:17 PM
Tue, Mar. 18, 4:17 PM| Comment!
Dec. 2, 2013, 6:04 AM| Comment!
Sep. 10, 2013, 12:24 PM
- More on Janney Capital's initiation of coverage on the equity REIT sector:
- Started at Buy are Agree Realty (ADC +0.6%), DDR Corp. (DDR -0.7%), Physicians Realty Trust (DOC +0.3%), Glimcher Realty Trust (GRT +0.3%), Healthcare Trust of America (HTA -0.4%), Simon Property (SPG +0.4%), Trade Street Residential (TSRE +0.5%), and Weingarten Realty (WRI). Earlier: Realty Income (O) is also started at Buy.
- Started at Neutral are Armada Hoff Properties (AHH -4.6%), American Realty Capital (ARCP -0.9%), CB&L Associates (CBL -1.1%), General Growth (GGP -0.7%), Inland Real Estate (IRC -1.2%), Investors Real Estate Trust (IRET -2.8%), Kimco (KIM -0.3%), Kite Realty (KRG -1.2%), National Retail Properties (NNN -0.9%), Regency Centers (REG +0.1%). Earlier: Omega Healthcare (OHI), Medical Properties Trust (MPW), and Senior Housing (SNH) are also started at Neutral.
May. 14, 2013, 12:45 PM
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.
TSRE vs. ETF Alternatives
Trade Street Residential Inc is a full service, vertically integrated, self-administered and self-managed corporation focused on acquiring, owning, operating and managing garden-style & mid-rise apartment communities in United States and Texas.
Other News & PR