Thu, May 5, 6:11 AM
Thu, Feb. 11, 12:41 PM
- Canadian telecom Telus (TU -1.7%) saw profits fall 16% in its Q4 results, buffeted by increasing competition and a slowdown in Alberta.
- Net income was affected by "significant restructuring and other costs, as well as an increase in depreciation and amortization expense reflecting, in part, TELUS' higher asset base from ongoing investments in its fiber-optic and 4G LTE networks."
- Revenues by segment: Wireless, C$1.79B (up 1.7%); Wireline, C$1.49B (up 4.3%).
- It added 62,000 wireless contract subscribers, below expectations. Average revenue per wireless user was C$63.74; wireless contract churn was 1.01%.
- For 2016, it's guiding to consolidated revenues of C$12.75B-C$12.875B, short of a consensus expectation for C$12.91B. It expects above-consensus capex of C$2.65B.
- Press Release
Thu, Feb. 11, 6:18 AM
Nov. 5, 2015, 6:05 AM
- TELUS (NYSE:TU): Q3 EPS of C$0.66 beats by C$0.03.
- Revenue of C$3.16B (+4.3% Y/Y) in-line.
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AES, AGIO, AGU, AINV, ALSK, AMCX, AMED, AMRC, ANSS, APA, ATHM, AZN, BBEP, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BEE, BR, CCC, CCOI, CECE, CELG, CLDT, CNK, CNP, CNQ, CNSL, CONE, COTY, CROX, CSTM, CWEI, DNR, DUK, EGL, ENB, ENDP, ENOC, ESI, FUN, GEO, GLOG, GLP, GOGO, HFC, HGG, HII, HRC, INSY, IRC, IT, ITC, ITG, KATE, KOP, LAMR, LBY, LINE, LPI, LXP, MEG, MGA, MITL, MPEL, MPW, MSG, MSO, MVIS, MZOR, NDLS, NGS, NHI, NILE, NRP, OGE, OMED, PBH, PDCE, PRFT, PRIM, PWE, PWR, RDUS, RGEN, RGLD, RICE, RL, RLGY, RRD, RVLT, RWLK, SCOR, SEAS, SFM, SFY, SJI, SNSS, SPAR, SRC, SRPT, SSTK, STN, STWD, SYMC, TAP, TDC, TE, THS, TIME, TK, TLP, TNK, TRXC, TU, USAC, VC, VER, VIVO, WAC, WIN, WPP, ZEUS
Aug. 7, 2015, 2:27 PM
- Canada's Telus (NYSE:TU) is now down 0.6% along with the U.S. markets, after an in-line earnings report where it added subscribers across the board and reduced its industry-leading churn still further amid a push for customer loyalty.
- Net income of C$341M was down 10.5%, impacted by the closing of the Blacks Photo chain, but came in as expected. EBITDA of C$1.08B came in below an expected C$1.13B.
- Revenue breakout: Service, $2.88B (up 4.9%); Equipment, $208M (up 10.1%). By segment: Wireless, $1.74B (up 7.4%); Wireline, $1.42B (up 2.3%).
- The company added 76K net contract wireless subs and postpaid churn dropped to 0.86% from the prior year's 0.9%.
- It added 22K high-speed Internet connections, and (like Bell, bucking the industry) added 17K TV customers, to total 115K net new customers. The declines were in wireline phone (as expected) and prepaid wireless.
- The company has bumped its capex expectations for the year to $2.5B as it sees higher investment in its broadband infrastructure.
Aug. 7, 2015, 6:03 AM
- TELUS (NYSE:TU): Q2 EPS of $0.66 in-line.
- Revenue of $3.1B (+5.1% Y/Y) in-line.
Aug. 6, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jun. 25, 2015, 9:57 AM
- Shaw Communications (NYSE:SJR) is up 1.5% despite a miss on profits for its fiscal Q3, after growing revenues 6% with help from solid growth in business network services and its ViaWest acquisition.
- Basic GAAP EPS was C$0.42 (down more than 8%), and adjusted EPS was C$0.44 vs. an expected C$0.50. Revenues of C$1.419B were in line. Total operating income (before restructuring/amortization) of C$643M was up 7% Y/Y.
- Free cash flow of $256M was up from the prior year's $240M.
- Revenue by segment: Consumer, C$950M (up 0.5%); Business Network Services, C$131M (up 7.4%); Business Infrastructure Services, C$63M (new, with ViaWest acquisition); Media, C$303M (up 0.7%).
- The company guided to operating income (before restructuring/amortization) growth for 2015 toward the lower end of a 5%-7% range with inclusion of ViaWest (about $85M). Free cash flow is expected to exceed $650M.
- Canadian peers are trading higher so far today: BCE +1.6%; RCI +1.4%; TU +0.8%.
May 7, 2015, 6:08 AM
- TELUS (NYSE:TU): Q1 EPS of C$0.70 beats by C$0.05.
- Revenue of C$3.03B (+4.5% Y/Y) misses by C$20M.
Feb. 12, 2015, 9:00 AM
- TELUS (NYSE:TU) grew revenues and earnings by more than 5% in its Q4 report while reducing postpaid wireless consumer churn to 0.94%, its best-ever rate.
- Net customer adds came in at 135K: 118K wireless pospaid, 28K TV subscribers, 22K high-speed Internet subscribers. Wireless prepaid and network access lines showed declines. End totals: wireless subscribers 8.1M (up 3.8%); high-speed Internet 1.48M (up 5.7%); TV 916K (up 12%).
- The company guided strong for 2015, with revenue, EBITDA and EPS growth of "up to 5, 7, and 13% respectively, and healthy cash flow generation of up to 27%."
- Free cash flow of $337M, up 148%, on higher EBITDA, lower tax payments and lower contributions to employee defined benefit pensions.
- Buybacks in Q4 of $112M along with $233M in dividends paid.
Feb. 12, 2015, 6:09 AM
- TELUS (NYSE:TU): Q4 EPS of $0.53 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $3.13B (+6.1% Y/Y) misses by $60M.
Feb. 11, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAP, AAWW, AB, ACOR, ANR, APA, AVP, BG, BWA, CAB, CCE, COR, CPLA, CS, CVE, DBD, DPS, FAF, FLO, GNC, HE, HERO, HIMX, HSP, IFF, INCY, JAH, K, LMNS, LNCE, LPNT, MANU, MDWD, MFA, MFC, MHFI, MINI, MPEL, MPW, NCI, NLSN, NNN, NRP, NWE, PDS, PNK, Q, RDN, RTIX, RWLK, RYN, SCOR, SHPG, SKYW, SNI, SON, SPW, STC, THS, TIME, TU, VG, VNTV, WD, WSO, WWAV, WWE
Nov. 6, 2014, 6:08 AM
- TELUS (NYSE:TU): Q3 EPS of $0.64 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $3.03B (+5.6% Y/Y) in-line.
Aug. 7, 2014, 6:16 AM
- TELUS (NYSE:TU): Q2 EPS of $0.63 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $2.95B (+4.2% Y/Y) misses by $10M.
TELUS Corp. is a telecommunications company in Canada. It provides telecommunications and IT solutions for small to large businesses, including IP, voice, video, data and managed solutions, as well as contact centre outsourcing solutions for domestic and international businesses. The company... More
Industry: Wireless Communications
Other News & PR