Thu, May 5, 6:16 AM
Thu, Feb. 11, 6:18 AM
Nov. 27, 2015, 6:48 PM
- Telus (TU +0.5%) says it intends to buy and cancel up to 3.75M common shares through private transactions.
- The purchases will be made with an arm's-length third party, and the shares will be counted toward the 16M common shares that the company is entitled to buy for cancellation under its 2016 normal course issuer bid.
- Purchases will come at a discount to share price on the Toronto Stock Exchange at the time of purchase.
- In setting its new repurchase program in September, the company says it's targeting an ongoing 10% annual dividend increase.
- Shares in the company are down 13% YTD.
Nov. 5, 2015, 6:40 AM
- TELUS (NYSE:TU) declares C$0.44/share quarterly dividend, 4.8% increase from prior dividend of $0.42.
- Forward yield 4.02%
- Payable Jan. 4; for shareholders of record Dec. 11; ex-div Dec. 9.
Sep. 11, 2015, 9:53 AM
- Telus (TU -0.8%) is wrapping its normal course issuer bid buybacks for 2015 by Monday, and has received approval to buy/cancel $500M in additional shares in the coming year.
- That 2016 program will finish a $2.5B multi-year program it started in May 2013, which reduced shares outstanding by 8.6% after the company bought and canceled 56.3M shares.
- Since the program began, the company says it's saved $147M cumulatively in dividends, with $100M savings ahead.
- It's targeting an ongoing 10% annual increase in dividends.
Aug. 7, 2015, 6:13 AM
- TELUS (NYSE:TU) declares C$0.42/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 3.75%
- Payable Oct. 1; for shareholders of record Sept. 10; ex-div Sept. 8.
May 7, 2015, 9:53 AM
- TELUS (NYSE:TU) declares C$0.42/share quarterly dividend, 5% increase from prior dividend of $0.40.
- Forward yield 3.98%
- Payable July 2; for shareholders of record June 10; ex-div June 8.
Feb. 12, 2015, 6:31 AM
- TELUS (NYSE:TU) declares C$0.40/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 3.7%
- Payable April 1; for shareholders of record March 11; ex-div March 9.
May 8, 2014, 11:48 AM
- Telus (TU +0.7%) has used its Q1 report to announce it's hiking its quarterly dividend by C$0.02/share to C$0.38/share ($0.342/share). The dividend implies a forward yield of 3.7%.
- Q1 wireless revenue rose 5.3% Y/Y to $1.44B, and external wireline revenue rose by 4.4% to $1.34B. Telus added 48K wireless postpaid subs, but lost 36K prepaid subs; the total wireless base is at 7.8M. TV subs grew by 27K to 842K, and broadband subs by 21K to 1.4M. Network access lines fell by 24K to 3.23M (local loop disconnections).
- Blended wireless ARPU was $61.24, down 1% Q/Q but up 2% Y/Y. Blended churn fell by 9 bps Y/Y to 1.39%, and 78% of wireless subs now use smartphones.
- Free cash flow fell by 18.7% Y/Y to $291M, thanks in part to a 6.2% increase in capex to $496M.
- Q1 results, PR
May 9, 2013, 11:02 AMTELUS (TU) declares C$0.34/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous. For shareholders of record June 10. Payable July 02. Ex-div date June 06. (PR) | May 9, 2013, 11:02 AM
Feb. 15, 2013, 7:37 AMTELUS Corporation (TU) declares C$0.64/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous. Forward yield 3.84%. For shareholders of record Mar. 11. Payable Apr. 01. Ex-div date Mar. 07. (PR) | Feb. 15, 2013, 7:37 AM
Nov. 9, 2012, 9:43 AMTELUS Corporation (TU) declares C$0.64/share quarterly dividend, 4.8% increase from prior dividend of $0.61. Forward yield 3.96%. For shareholders of record Dec. 11. Payable Jan 2. Ex-div Dec. 7. (PR) | Nov. 9, 2012, 9:43 AM
Aug. 3, 2012, 8:42 AMTelus (TU) declares $0.61/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous. Forward yield 4.02%. For shareholders of record Sep 10. Payable Oct 01. Ex-div date Sep 06. (PR) | Aug. 3, 2012, 8:42 AM
TELUS Corp. operates as a telecommunications company. It provides telecommunication services and products, including wireless and wireline voice and data. The company operates through two segments: Wireless and Wireline. The Wireless segment offers data and voice, and equipment solutions. The... More
Industry: Wireless Communications
Other News & PR