Thu, Nov. 5, 6:40 AM
Fri, Sep. 11, 9:53 AM
- Telus (TU -0.8%) is wrapping its normal course issuer bid buybacks for 2015 by Monday, and has received approval to buy/cancel $500M in additional shares in the coming year.
- That 2016 program will finish a $2.5B multi-year program it started in May 2013, which reduced shares outstanding by 8.6% after the company bought and canceled 56.3M shares.
- Since the program began, the company says it's saved $147M cumulatively in dividends, with $100M savings ahead.
- It's targeting an ongoing 10% annual increase in dividends.
Fri, Aug. 7, 6:13 AM
Thu, May 7, 9:53 AM
Thu, Feb. 12, 6:31 AM
May 8, 2014, 11:48 AM
- Telus (TU +0.7%) has used its Q1 report to announce it's hiking its quarterly dividend by C$0.02/share to C$0.38/share ($0.342/share). The dividend implies a forward yield of 3.7%.
- Q1 wireless revenue rose 5.3% Y/Y to $1.44B, and external wireline revenue rose by 4.4% to $1.34B. Telus added 48K wireless postpaid subs, but lost 36K prepaid subs; the total wireless base is at 7.8M. TV subs grew by 27K to 842K, and broadband subs by 21K to 1.4M. Network access lines fell by 24K to 3.23M (local loop disconnections).
- Blended wireless ARPU was $61.24, down 1% Q/Q but up 2% Y/Y. Blended churn fell by 9 bps Y/Y to 1.39%, and 78% of wireless subs now use smartphones.
- Free cash flow fell by 18.7% Y/Y to $291M, thanks in part to a 6.2% increase in capex to $496M.
- Q1 results, PR
May 9, 2013, 11:02 AM
Feb. 15, 2013, 7:37 AM
Nov. 9, 2012, 9:43 AM
Aug. 3, 2012, 8:42 AM
Other News & PR