Ternium Toughing It Out Amid Weak Prices
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Can Improving Cash Flow Finally Lift Ternium?
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Tue, Aug. 2, 4:34 PM
Mon, Aug. 1, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AFG, AGII, AIG, AMED, AMSG, AR, ARC, AVD, BEAT, BECN, BGFV, BPI, BRKR, CALD, CALX, CAR, CENT, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CLI, CLUB, CRAY, CSU, CXO, CZR, DEI, DVN, DXCM, EA, ELGX, ENLK, ENPH, ESE, ESIO, EXAM, FANG, FARO, FGL, FISV, FIT, FMC, FMI, FNGN, FORM, FTAI, FTV, FUEL, GHDX, GLUU, GNW, GUID, HBI, HCI, HIW, HRZN, INN, JIVE, KAR, KFRC, LOCK, LQ, MATX, MDU, MOD, MRC, MRCY, MXWL, NBR, NEWR, NFX, NOVT, NPO, NYMT, OCLR, OESX, OHI, OKE, OKS, OMI, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QRVO, QUOT, REXX, RGR, RIGL, RLOC, RPAI, RPXC, RUBI, SF, SGY, SLCA, SM, STAG, SUPN, SYRG, TMH, TNAV, TPC, TRQ, TRUP, TSRA, TX, VNOM, VRSK, VTAE, WMGI, WR, WTR, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN
Thu, May 12, 5:17 PM
- U.S. Steel (NYSE:X) tumbled 10.4% and AK Steel (NYSE:AKS) sank 5.4% in today's trade as analysts say more attractive prices for U.S. steel and falling Chinese prices likely will raise the appeal of targeting the U.S. market even after import tariffs were introduced in recent months for some products.
- "A boat load of imports are likely on the way,” says Axiom Capital's Gordon Johnson as he reiterates a Sell rating $5 year-end stock price target for U.S. Steel.
- U.S. Steel has jumped 85% YTD for its best year in more than a decade, but investors now are spooked by fears that steel prices will follow falling prices for raw materials such as iron ore, says BMO Capital analyst David Gagliano.
- Also today: MT -4%, NUE -0.3%, RS -0.3%, STLD -1.4%, TX -0.4%, WOR -0.5%, GGB -4.3%, CLF -6.9%.
Tue, Apr. 26, 11:00 PM
Mon, Apr. 25, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, AFL, AIZ, AKAM, ARAY, ARI, ASH, AXS, BEAT, BLDP, BRX, BWLD, BXMT, BXP, BYD, CHRW, CINF, CLMS, CMG, COF, CREE, CRUS, CUDA, CVA, EBAY, EEFT, EQR, EW, EXAC, FE, FOE, FSP, FTI, FTNT, HAWK, HIW, HLS, HUBG, IRBT, ISIL, JBSS, JBT, KLAC, MKTO, MRCY, MTSI, MWA, NANO, NCR, NUVA, O, PEI, PNRA, PSA, PSB, RHI, RMD, RNR, SKT, SLCA, T, TEX, TMK, TSS, TWTR, TX, ULTI, VNTV, WNC, WRB, X, ZIXI
Tue, Feb. 23, 4:22 PM
- Ternium S.A. (NYSE:TX): Q4 EPS of -$0.64 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.43.
- Revenue of $1.8B (-16.3% Y/Y) misses by $40M.
Mon, Feb. 22, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ALDR, ARC, ATRC, BBRG, BNFT, CAR, CONE, CPRT, CVG, CZR, DWA, DXCM, DY, EHTH, EIX, ENPH, ETSY, EXAM, EXR, FIVN, FMI, FSLR, GNMK, HAWK, HCKT, HLS, INFI, JAZZ, JBT, KRA, MASI, MATX, MSA, NYMT, ORA, PEI, PLKI, PRA, PRSS, PZZA, ROIC, RP, RUBI, SF, SLCA, SM, TGB, TROX, TTPH, TX, UCTT, VRSK, WBMD, WMGI, WTR, XXIA, Y
Dec. 9, 2015, 3:22 PM
- Steel prices have bottomed in December, and steel companies could see upside potential over the next few months as major trade case decisions are released, Rosenblatt says.
- The firm remains Neutral on U.S. Steel (X +8.9%) but says it came away from recent discussions with the company and separate North American channel analysis with a less negative view, with potential positive catalysts on the horizon which could reduce selling pressures on the shares.
- Nevertheless, Rosenblatt says near-term data on the domestic steel and tubular segments remains challenging, and expects U.S. Steel's Q4 EPS results and FY 2016 EBITDA guidance to reflect aggressive demand/supply pressures.
- Also: MT +2.3%, AKS +7%, NUE +1.4%, TX +2.7%, CLF +0.9%, WOR -0.5%.
Nov. 3, 2015, 4:24 PM
- Ternium S.A. (NYSE:TX): Q3 EPS of $0.13 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $1.94B (-12.6% Y/Y) beats by $30M.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, AFG, AIV, AMSG, ASH, ATVI, AWR, BIO, BKH, CBPO, CBS, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CIM, CKP, CSU, CSV, CVC, DAC, DENN, DHT, DK, DKL, DVA, DVN, ECYT, ENPH, ENSG, EPIQ, ETSY, EVRI, FANG, FARO, FIVN, FLTX, FMI, FOGO, GHDX, GMED, GRPN, HCI, HL, HLF, HRZN, IAG, IPHS, IRWD, ITRI, IVR, JCOM, KEG, LLNW, MPO, MTZ, MXL, MYGN, NFX, NYMT, OAS, OCLR, OESX, OFIX, OKE, OKS, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, QUAD, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RP, RPAI, RXN, SLW, SSNI, SUPN, TDW, TMH, TSLA, TSRA, TX, UNTD, USNA, VNDA, WBMD, WR, WTR, X, XEC, XOXO, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZNGA
Aug. 4, 2015, 4:05 PM
- Ternium S.A. (NYSE:TX): Q2 EPS of $0.21 misses by $0.13.
- Revenue of $2.0B (-9.1% Y/Y) misses by $40M.
Jul. 14, 2015, 10:57 AM
- ArcelorMittal (MT -1.7%) says it likely will idle the long steel mills it recently installed in its João Monlevade plant in Brazil, citing excess capacity in the sector and stagnating demand.
- The comments from MT's South American head of long steel echo those of the company's chief executive in Brazil, who warned yesterday that the outlook for demand in Brazil's domestic steel market remains gloomy.
- Also: GGB -5.7%, VALE -3.3%, TX -0.7%.
Jun. 29, 2015, 1:32 PM
- Ternium (TX -4.7%) is downgraded to Neutral from Buy with a $21 price target, lowered from $23, at BofA/Merrill, which sees margins compressing going forward due to the rapid and perhaps structural decline in North American steel prices more than offsetting lower raw material prices.
- The firm expects the company's EBITDA to decline in Q2-Q3, although margins should recover afterwards, driven by a decrease in the mismatch between steel prices and cost.
- While Mexican demand for steel has been strong, driven by increased auto production, BofA says "Argentina's macro policies are highly unstable," with limited access to markets, a ballooning fiscal deficit, high inflation and an overvalued currency.
Apr. 29, 2015, 6:15 PM
- Ternium S.A. (NYSE:TX): Q1 EPS of -$0.22 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.49.
- Revenue of $2.13B (-0.9% Y/Y) misses by $100M.
Feb. 19, 2015, 8:05 AM
- Ternium S.A. (NYSE:TX): Q4 EPS of $0.31 misses by $0.25.
- Revenue of $2.15B (+1.4% Y/Y) misses by $120M.
Dec. 12, 2014, 12:13 PM
- Time Warner (NYSE:TX) CEO Jeffrey Bewkes speculated on the potential for a mega-merger in the media industry yesterday during a discussion at a conference sponsored by Dealbook.
- The exec mentioned CBS (NYSE:CBS) and Viacom (VIA, VIAB) as two companies that might like to combine within the sector.
- Time Warner remains very much in the M&A discussion after spurning an $85-per-share offer from 21st Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA) earlier this year.
- "I don’t want to talk about it," says Bewkes after already pointing to the elephant in the room.
Ternium SA engages in the manufacture and trade of steel products. It operates through two segments: Steel and Mining. The Steel segment includes the sales of steel products, which comprises slabs, hot rolled coils and sheets, cold rolled coils and sheets, tin plate, welded pipes, hot dipped... More
Sector: Basic Materials
Industry: Steel & Iron