Excellence And Opportunity Boosting Ternium
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Ternium Toughing It Out Amid Weak Prices
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Thu, Nov. 3, 2:07 PM
Thu, Nov. 3, 7:04 AM
Wed, Nov. 2, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, AAWW, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AFSI, AGIO, AGU, AKRX, AMAG, AMCX, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, ARCB, ARW, AVP, BCE, BDX, BLL, CCC, CCOI, CHD, CHK, CHTR, CI, CLDT, CNSL, COMM, CPK, CRIS, CRZO, CYBR, DDD, DNR, DW, ECA, EFOI, ENB, ENOC, EVA, FCPT, FI, FIG, FMSA, GEL, GEO, GIL, GLOG, GOGO, H, HAR, HFC, HHS, HII, HMHC, HRC, HSC, IBP, ICPT, INSY, IPCC, IQNT, IRWD, IT, KOP, LAMR, LBY, LDOS, LFUS, LINC, LNG, LXP, MFA, MGA, MITK, MITL, MPEL, MPG, MPW, MSGN, NERV, NGS, NNN, NXTM, OGE, ONCE, ONDK, PBH, PDCE, PGTI, PNW, PRFT, PWR, RDUS, RFP, RGEN, ROLL, RWLK, SFM, SGM, SHLX, SMG, SNSS, SPAR, SPGI, SQBG, STFC, STOR, TDY, TGI, THS, TICC, TIME, TK, TNK, TOO, TVPT, TWI, TX, UNT, USCR, VGR, VWR, WILN, WPC, WRLD, ZEUS
Tue, Oct. 25, 11:32 AM
- ThyssenKrupp (OTCPK:TYEKF -4.4%) is in advanced talks with Ternium (TX +3.5%) to sell its large steel plant in Brazil, a step that would finish unwinding the German company’s unsuccessful investment push in the Americas, WSJ reports.
- A major potential stumbling block is TX's desire to pay less than the plant’s ~€2B ($2.17B) current book value, but any deal below that value would hit ThyssenKrupp’s equity cushion, which analysts say is already thin, according to the report.
- Thyssenkrupp says it is seeking to sell Companhia Siderúrgica do Atlântico, which has an annual production capacity of 5M tons, and that it is a normal course of business to hold talks with potential buyers.
Tue, Aug. 2, 4:34 PM
Mon, Aug. 1, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AFG, AGII, AIG, AMED, AMSG, AR, ARC, AVD, BEAT, BECN, BGFV, BPI, BRKR, CALD, CALX, CAR, CENT, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CLI, CLUB, CRAY, CSU, CXO, CZR, DEI, DVN, DXCM, EA, ELGX, ENLK, ENPH, ESE, ESIO, EXAM, FANG, FARO, FGL, FISV, FIT, FMC, FMI, FNGN, FORM, FTAI, FTV, FUEL, GHDX, GLUU, GNW, GUID, HBI, HCI, HIW, HRZN, INN, JIVE, KAR, KFRC, LOCK, LQ, MATX, MDU, MOD, MRC, MRCY, MXWL, NBR, NEWR, NFX, NOVT, NPO, NYMT, OCLR, OESX, OHI, OKE, OKS, OMI, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QRVO, QUOT, REXX, RGR, RIGL, RLOC, RPAI, RPXC, RUBI, SF, SGY, SLCA, SM, STAG, SUPN, SYRG, TMH, TNAV, TPC, TRQ, TRUP, TSRA, TX, VNOM, VRSK, VTAE, WMGI, WR, WTR, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN
Thu, May 12, 5:17 PM
- U.S. Steel (NYSE:X) tumbled 10.4% and AK Steel (NYSE:AKS) sank 5.4% in today's trade as analysts say more attractive prices for U.S. steel and falling Chinese prices likely will raise the appeal of targeting the U.S. market even after import tariffs were introduced in recent months for some products.
- "A boat load of imports are likely on the way,” says Axiom Capital's Gordon Johnson as he reiterates a Sell rating $5 year-end stock price target for U.S. Steel.
- U.S. Steel has jumped 85% YTD for its best year in more than a decade, but investors now are spooked by fears that steel prices will follow falling prices for raw materials such as iron ore, says BMO Capital analyst David Gagliano.
- Also today: MT -4%, NUE -0.3%, RS -0.3%, STLD -1.4%, TX -0.4%, WOR -0.5%, GGB -4.3%, CLF -6.9%.
Tue, Apr. 26, 11:00 PM
- Ternium S.A. (NYSE:TX): Q1 EPS of $0.48 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $1.66B (-22.1% Y/Y) misses by $30M.
Mon, Apr. 25, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, AFL, AIZ, AKAM, ARAY, ARI, ASH, AXS, BEAT, BLDP, BRX, BWLD, BXMT, BXP, BYD, CHRW, CINF, CLMS, CMG, COF, CREE, CRUS, CUDA, CVA, EBAY, EEFT, EQR, EW, EXAC, FE, FOE, FSP, FTI, FTNT, HAWK, HIW, HLS, HUBG, IRBT, ISIL, JBSS, JBT, KLAC, MKTO, MRCY, MTSI, MWA, NANO, NCR, NUVA, O, PEI, PNRA, PSA, PSB, RHI, RMD, RNR, SKT, SLCA, T, TEX, TMK, TSS, TWTR, TX, ULTI, VNTV, WNC, WRB, X, ZIXI
Tue, Feb. 23, 4:22 PM
- Ternium S.A. (NYSE:TX): Q4 EPS of -$0.64 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.43.
- Revenue of $1.8B (-16.3% Y/Y) misses by $40M.
Mon, Feb. 22, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ALDR, ARC, ATRC, BBRG, BNFT, CAR, CONE, CPRT, CVG, CZR, DWA, DXCM, DY, EHTH, EIX, ENPH, ETSY, EXAM, EXR, FIVN, FMI, FSLR, GNMK, HAWK, HCKT, HLS, INFI, JAZZ, JBT, KRA, MASI, MATX, MSA, NYMT, ORA, PEI, PLKI, PRA, PRSS, PZZA, ROIC, RP, RUBI, SF, SLCA, SM, TGB, TROX, TTPH, TX, UCTT, VRSK, WBMD, WMGI, WTR, XXIA, Y
Dec. 9, 2015, 3:22 PM
- Steel prices have bottomed in December, and steel companies could see upside potential over the next few months as major trade case decisions are released, Rosenblatt says.
- The firm remains Neutral on U.S. Steel (X +8.9%) but says it came away from recent discussions with the company and separate North American channel analysis with a less negative view, with potential positive catalysts on the horizon which could reduce selling pressures on the shares.
- Nevertheless, Rosenblatt says near-term data on the domestic steel and tubular segments remains challenging, and expects U.S. Steel's Q4 EPS results and FY 2016 EBITDA guidance to reflect aggressive demand/supply pressures.
- Also: MT +2.3%, AKS +7%, NUE +1.4%, TX +2.7%, CLF +0.9%, WOR -0.5%.
Nov. 3, 2015, 4:24 PM
- Ternium S.A. (NYSE:TX): Q3 EPS of $0.13 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $1.94B (-12.6% Y/Y) beats by $30M.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, AFG, AIV, AMSG, ASH, ATVI, AWR, BIO, BKH, CBPO, CBS, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CIM, CKP, CSU, CSV, CVC, DAC, DENN, DHT, DK, DKL, DVA, DVN, ECYT, ENPH, ENSG, EPIQ, ETSY, EVRI, FANG, FARO, FIVN, FLTX, FMI, FOGO, GHDX, GMED, GRPN, HCI, HL, HLF, HRZN, IAG, IPHS, IRWD, ITRI, IVR, JCOM, KEG, LLNW, MPO, MTZ, MXL, MYGN, NFX, NYMT, OAS, OCLR, OESX, OFIX, OKE, OKS, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, QUAD, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RP, RPAI, RXN, SLW, SSNI, SUPN, TDW, TMH, TSLA, TSRA, TX, UNTD, USNA, VNDA, WBMD, WR, WTR, X, XEC, XOXO, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZNGA
Aug. 4, 2015, 4:05 PM
- Ternium S.A. (NYSE:TX): Q2 EPS of $0.21 misses by $0.13.
- Revenue of $2.0B (-9.1% Y/Y) misses by $40M.
Jul. 14, 2015, 10:57 AM
- ArcelorMittal (MT -1.7%) says it likely will idle the long steel mills it recently installed in its João Monlevade plant in Brazil, citing excess capacity in the sector and stagnating demand.
- The comments from MT's South American head of long steel echo those of the company's chief executive in Brazil, who warned yesterday that the outlook for demand in Brazil's domestic steel market remains gloomy.
- Also: GGB -5.7%, VALE -3.3%, TX -0.7%.