Tue, Feb. 23, 8:37 AM
- Shares of Texas Roadhouse (NASDAQ:TXRH) are heating up in early action after the company edged past profit estimates with its Q4 report.
- The company recorded comparable restaurant sales growth of over 4% at both franchised and company-owned outlets during the quarter to top the sector average.
- Average unit volume was up 2.3% to $1,202.
- Margins were higher for the restaurant chain as lower food costs factored in.
- Previously: Texas Roadhouse beats by $0.02, revenue in-line (Feb. 22 2016)
- TXRH +5.12% to $38.84.
Mon, Feb. 22, 5:45 PM
Mon, Feb. 22, 4:05 PM
Nov. 5, 2015, 2:11 PM
- The restaurant sector is having a rough earnings season in general. Noodles (NDLS -11%) and Papa John's (PZZA -3.7%) were two of the latest to disappoint, after Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD -1.2%) and Chipotle (CMG -0.3%) set a negative tone last week.
- Shares of Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen (PLKI -7.7%) trade at their lowest level of the year. The company reports earnings on November 11. Analysts expect revenue of $61M and EPS of $0.44.
- Other leading decliners today include Jack in the Box (JACK -4.3%), Chuy's Holdings (CHUY -4.5%), Texas Roadhouse (TXRH -4%), and Sonic (SONC -2.9%).
- Many of the names have been trading off due to labor wage pressure and lower Q3 traffic than anticipated.
- A surprising outlier in the sector has been McDonald's (MCD +0.2%) which has doubled up the return of the S&P 500 over the last month. Habit Restaurants (HABT +8.2%) is also in rally mode following earnings.
Nov. 2, 2015, 4:09 PM
- Texas Roadhouse (NASDAQ:TXRH) reports comparable-restaurant sales rose 6.9% at company restaurants and 7.7% at franchised outlets in Q3.
- Restaurant contribution margin rate fell 22 bps to 16.6% as higher wages factored in.
- Cost of sale +10 bps to 36.1% of sales.
- Labor costs +30 bps to 29.8% of sales.
- Guidance: The company expects positive comparable restaurant sales growth in 2016. 25 to 30 restaurants openings are forecast.
- Previously: Texas Roadhouse misses by $0.01, revenue in-line (Nov. 02 2015)
- TXRH +2.83% after hours to $36.00 on light volume.
May 5, 2015, 10:07 AM
- Texas Roadhouse (TXRH +4.9%) trades higher after a narrow EPS beat with its Q1 report.
- The company delivered an 8.9% increase in comparable-store sales at company restaurants and an 8.0% gain at franchised outlets.
- Sales volume helped reduce the impact of commodity inflation, although the restaurant margin rate was still down 20 bps Y/Y to 19.0%.
- Texas Roadhouse expects to open 25 to 30 restaurants this year.
Apr. 29, 2015, 1:22 PM
- Restaurants stocks are falling harder than broad market averages with disappointing reports from Buffalo Wild Wings and Panera Bread raising some concerns.
- Increasing labor and commodity costs are seen as a threat to margins across the group.
- Today's GDP report may also be a factor in the sector falling out of favor for the day.
- Decliners include Denny's (DENN -7%), Krispy Kreme Dougnuts (KKD -5.6%), Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (RRGB -5.9%), Kona Grill (KONA -6.6%), Texas Roadhouse (TXRH -5.9%), Jack in the Box (JACK -4.6%), Bloomin' Brands (BLMN -4.7%), El Pollo Loco (LOCO -4.6%), and Cracker Barrel (CBRL -4.8%).
- Even momentum-fueled Chipotle (CMG -1.7%) and Habit Restaurants (HABT -1.7%) are peeling off some gains, while Shake Shack (NYSE:SHAK) is proving harder to knock down and is +0.2% on the day.
- Previously: Panera Bread -2% after sluggish earnings print (April 28)
- Previously: Buffalo Wild Wings slumps with chicken wing and labor costs a concern (April 28)
Apr. 20, 2015, 5:38 PM
Feb. 24, 2015, 10:53 AM
- Restaurant stocks are out-performing market averages again as more chains report improved comparable-restaurant sales growth.
- The read on Q1 is that pricing and traffic trends are strong, despite what some broad measures of overall consumer confidence show.
- The $2 gas benefit is believed by analysts to have had a greater impact on restaurant spending than other areas of retail.
- Gainers include Luby's (LUB +4.9%), Cosi (COSI +5.4%), Rave Restaurant Group (RAVE +4.5%), Texas Roadhouse (TXRH +2.4%), Krispy Kreme Dougnuts (KKD +2.8%), Popeyes Louisian Kitchen (PLKI +1.7%), Bob Evans Farms (BOBE +1.1%), Darden Restaurants (DRI +1.4%).
- Even McDonald's (MCD +0.8%), which trailed the Q4 comp average in the sector by a wide margin, is out ahead of the S&P 500.
- Previously: Cracker Barrel +4.1% after traffic accelerates and guidance lifted
Feb. 23, 2015, 4:16 PM
- Texas Roadhouse (NASDAQ:TXRH) reports comparable-restaurant sales rose 7.0% at company-operated outlets and 5.7% at franchised locations during Q4.
- Food cost inflation hit the company's bottom line with restaurant-level operating margin off 47 bps to 16.5%.
- Guidance: The company expects to open 25 to 30 restaurants this year. Capex spending of $135M to $145M seen. Q1 comps are +12% after 7 weeks.
- TXRH -1.24% after hours.
Feb. 20, 2015, 5:37 PM
Feb. 18, 2015, 10:46 AM
- Restaurants stocks are out-performing as a group after Jack in the Box, Qdboa, Tim Hortons, and Burger King all reported comparable-restaurant sales momentum this week.
- The recent round of earnings from the sector has confirmed analyst predictions of a benefit from lower gas prices in the U.S.
- The developments have also made the recent performance by McDonald's ((NYSE:MCD) -0.2%) look even more anemic.
- Previously: Let's talks $2 gas (Nov. 29 2014)
- Previously: Restaurant sales show sharp increase in January (Feb. 11 2015)
- Leading gainers: Jack in the Box (NASDAQ:JACK) +6.0%, BJ's Restaurants (NASDAQ:BJRI) +3.6%, Sonic (NASDAQ:SONC) +2.6%, Texas Roadhouse (NASDAQ:TXRH) +2.2%, Brinker International (NYSE:EAT) +2.1%, Luby's (NYSE:LUB) +2.0%, Wendy's (NASDAQ:WEN) +1.5%, Cheesecake Factory (NASDAQ:CAKE) +1.4%, Nathan's Famous (NASDAQ:NATH) +1.3%, Ark Restaurants (NASDAQ:ARKR) +1.3%.
Nov. 3, 2014, 4:28 PM
- Texas Roadhouse (NASDAQ:TXRH) reports a 3.9% comp gain at company restaurants and 4.4% at franchise restaurants.
- Restaurant margin rate -21 bps to 18.1%.
- Guidance: Comps +7% through the first four weeks of Q4. Food cost inflation of 3% expected for the full year. A "positive" comp expected for 2015.
- Previously: Texas Roadhouse misses by $0.02, beats on revenue
- TXRH -1.8% AH.
Aug. 25, 2014, 9:53 AM
Apr. 30, 2013, 12:46 PM
Apr. 29, 2013, 5:38 PM
Texas Roadhouse, Inc. is a full-service, casual dining restaurant chain, which offers assorted seasoned and aged steaks hand-cut daily on the premises and cooked to order over open gas-fired grills. It operates restaurants under the Texas Roadhouse and Aspen Creek names. The company also offers... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR