What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Dec. 4, 2015, 3:49 PM
Oct. 2, 2015, 2:13 PM
- While cash levels rose to a two-year high of 20% in September, according to the America Association of Individual Investors survey, they're still below the historical average of 24%.
- Stock allocations fell four hundred basis points to 63.6%, but remain above their historical average of 60% for the 30th consecutive month.
- Bond allocations edged higher to 16.5%, a six-month high.
- ETFs: CFP, TY, GTAA, GMOM, AOR, GAA, GAL, RLY, EPRO, DBIZ, MATH, GIVE
Sep. 4, 2015, 9:58 AM
- Tri-Continental (NYSE:TY) declares $0.1950/share quarterly dividend, -3% decrease from prior dividend of $0.201.
- Forward yield 3.91%
- Payable Oct. 1; for shareholders of record Sept. 14; ex-div Sept. 10.
Jun. 5, 2015, 10:56 AM
- Tri-Continental (NYSE:TY) declares $0.201/share quarterly dividend, -2% decrease from prior dividend of $0.205.
- Forward yield 3.69%
- Payable June 23; for shareholders of record June 15; ex-div June 11.
May 18, 2015, 12:56 PM
- Either economic trends improve, prompting the Fed to hike rates, or - "more ominously," says Chief Investment Strategist Michael Hartnett - macro conditions do not recover, leading to EPS downgrades.
- His suggestion: Look to cut risk rather than maximize return.
- Josh Brown pulls this chart from the report showing a whopper of a divergence building between the direction of stocks (up) and U.S. equity flows (down). Where's the bid coming from? Buybacks?
- ETFs: CFP, CRF, VV, USA, SCHX, TY, AOA, ZF, FEX, GTAA, GMOM, AOM, AOK, AOR, JKD, EEH, GAA, GAL, RLY, EQL, EPRO, DBIZ, MATH, IWL, GIVE, ERW, FWDD, ZLRG, SYE, SBUS
May 14, 2015, 11:49 AM
- "This is when we find out if hedge funds really hedge," says BlackRock's Ewen Cameron Watt, musing on the impact of coming rate hikes. “Some of us feel like the informed citizens of Pompeii around 79 AD: we are grateful for the lovely sea views but worry about the volcano in the background.”
- Watt takes note of rising correlations this year, with the global bond market "trading as one," and being matched by moves in equities. This also impacts real estate, credit markets, and commodities, he says.
- BlackRock sees correlations rising even further as the Fed hikes, with the chance of both bonds and stocks heading south at the same time (not a common event since the "Greenspan put" came into being).
- Source: WSJ
- ETFs: CFP, TY, AOA, GTAA, GMOM, AOM, AOR, AOK, GAA, GAL, RLY, EPRO, DBIZ, MATH, GIVE
Mar. 6, 2015, 1:51 PM
- Tri-Continental (NYSE:TY) declares $0.205/share quarterly dividend, 2.2% increase from prior dividend of $0.2005.
- Forward yield 3.75%
- Payable March 24; for shareholders of record March 16; ex-div March 12.
Sep. 20, 2013, 11:30 AM
- Gold (GLD -2%) and silver (SLV -4.6%) retrace a good part of Wednesday's non-taper blast-off with Jim Bullard's casual mention of a possible October taper a convenient excuse to sell.
- The dollar (UUP +0.1%), however, isn't moving a whole lot, and Treasury prices (TLT +0.4%) are actually a bit higher on the session. Go figure.
- Meanwhile, a Bloomberg survey finds gold traders at their most bullish level in three weeks following Wednesday's FOMC decision.
- PM ETFs: GLD, IAU, SGOL, PHYS, AGOL, DGL, UBG, DGP, UGL, DZZ, GLL, DGZ, UGLD, DGLD, GLDI, SLV, SIVR, AGQ, DBS, USV, ZSL, USLV, DSLV, SLVO.
- Dollar ETFs: UUPT, UDN, UDNT.
- Treasury ETFs: TLH, TLT, IEF, DTYL, DLBL, ILTB, TENZ, ITE, TLO, EDV, VGIT, VGLT, TMF, TYD, LBND, UBT, UST, TMV, TYO, DSTJ, DSXJ, SBND, PST, TBT, DTYS, DLBS, TBF, TTT, TYNS, TYBS, TBX.
Mar. 11, 2013, 8:02 AMTri-Continental Corporation (TY) declares $0.19/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous. Forward yield 4.32%. For shareholders of record Mar. 18. Payable Mar. 26. Ex-div date Mar. 14. (PR) | Mar. 11, 2013, 8:02 AM
The Fund will seek to produce future growth of both capital and income, while providing reasonable current income (i.e. from fixed-income securities). There are no Charter restrictions with respect to the Funds investments. The Fund may invest up to 15% of
Other News & PR