Travelzoo: Classic Value Trap
Travelzoo: A Dog Worth Betting On?
Thu, Apr. 28, 8:05 AM
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Thu, Feb. 11, 8:04 AM
Wed, Feb. 10, 5:30 PM
- AAP, AB, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AVP, AYR, BG, BTU, BWA, CCE, COR, CPLA, CVE, DBD, FAF, FLIR, GNC, GPI, GRA, HUN, INCY, INT, IVC, K, KKR, LC, LIOX, LPX, MANU, MFC, MGI, MOS, MWW, NCI, NICE, NILE, NLSN, NNN, NOK, NTWK, NWE, OZM, PAG, PDS, PEP, PNK, Q, RAI, SHPG, SON, STC, TAP, TCK, TEVA, TGH, THS, TIME, TRI, TRIP, TZOO, VG, WBC, WOOF, WSO, WWAV, WWE
Nov. 3, 2015, 2:23 PM
- Travelzoo (TZOO +8%) is near its highest levels since July (when shares took a major post-earnings swoon) following its Q3 beat.
- Top-line pressures continue: North American revenue fell 10% Y/Y to $20.7M, Europe 3% to $10.3M, and Asia-Pac (recently acquired) 3% to $2.7M. Excluding forex, Europe and Asia-Pac were respectively up 8% and 7%.
- Total members stood at 28M at quarter's end. North American members were flat Q/Q and up 2% Y/Y at 17.2M. European members rose by 200K Q/Q and 7% Y/Y to 7.8M. Asia-Pac members fell 4% Y/Y to 3.4M.
- Cost cuts lifted EPS: Excluding a one-time year-ago gain, GAAP operating expenses fell 12% Y/Y to $28.1M. Travelzoo ended Q3 with $34.6M in cash, and no debt.
- Q3 results, PR
Nov. 3, 2015, 8:05 AM
- Travelzoo (NASDAQ:TZOO): Q3 EPS of $0.03 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $33.73M (-7.1% Y/Y) beats by $2.5M.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ADM, AFSI, ALE, AMAG, AMSC, ANAC, ANIP, ARIA, AUDC, AXLL, AYR, BLMN, CBM, CDK, CEQP, CIE, CIT, DISCA, DNOW, EMR, EXPD, FI, FIS, FLWS, FSS, FTR, GCAP, GEL, GLDD, GLT, GTN, H, HCP, HRS, HTH, HW, HYH, IART, INCY, K, KMT, LPX, MBLY, MDCO, MHFI, MLM, MMP, MOS, NCLH, NGLS, NI, NMM, NNN, NRZ, NS, [[NTi]], NWN, NXST, NXTM, ODP, OZM, PERI, RDC, RHP, RRGB, SALE, SGNT, SMG, SRE, SSH, SUP, TASR, TGH, TRP, TWI, TZOO, UAM, UNT, VMC, VSH, WLK, WNR, WPC, WPG, ZTS
Jul. 16, 2015, 8:08 AM
- Travelzoo (NASDAQ:TZOO): Q2 EPS of $0.09 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $34.1M (-7.5% Y/Y) beats by $0.3M.
Jul. 15, 2015, 5:30 PM
Apr. 16, 2015, 11:47 AM
- "In spite of the strong dollar we achieved a sequential 16% increase in revenue over the previous quarter," notes Travelzoo (NASDAQ:TZOO) CEO Chris Loughlin. He adds more new members were added than in any quarter in the prior 3 years.
- On a Y/Y basis, the travel deals provider's numbers were still soft: North American revenue -6% Y/Y to $24.7M; European revenue -15% to $11.8M (-7% in local currency). Unduplicated total members rose by 300K Q/Q to 24.5M. North American members stood at 17.2M, and European members at 7.5M (rounded up?).
- GAAP operating expenses were nearly flat Y/Y at $28.5M (compares with a 9% revenue drop) - sales/marketing spend totaled $18M, and G&A $10.5M. Travelzoo ended Q1 with $54M in cash (30% of its current market cap), and no debt.
- Shares reacted very differently to the company's January Q4 report.
- Q1 results, PR
Apr. 16, 2015, 8:02 AM
- Travelzoo (NASDAQ:TZOO): Q1 EPS of $0.13 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $36.49M (-9.2% Y/Y) beats by $1.72M.
- Shares +4.09% PM.
Apr. 15, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jan. 22, 2015, 10:12 AM
- Travelzoo (TZOO -14.4%) is below $10 for the first time since 2009 after missing revenue estimates for the fourth quarter in a row, and EPS estimates for the second. The travel deals provider states "investment in products and audience" pressured its bottom line during Q4.
- North American revenue fell 18% Y/Y to $21.1M, and European revenue 12% to $10.4M. Members were flat Q/Q and rose 4% Y/Y to 24.2M.
- While revenue fell 16%, G&A spend rose 2% to $11.3M, and sales/marketing spend only fell 4% to $16.6M. The cash balance stood at $54.8M (equal to 38% of Travelzoo's market cap) at quarter's end.
- Q4 results, PR
Jan. 22, 2015, 8:02 AM
- Travelzoo (NASDAQ:TZOO): Q4 EPS of -$0.04 misses by $0.06.
- Revenue of $31.5M (-16.0% Y/Y) misses by $2.53M.
Jan. 21, 2015, 5:30 PM
Travelzoo, Inc. operates as a global internet media company which provides information to subscribers and website users about the best travel, entertainment and local deals available from thousands of companies. Its publications and products include the travelzoo websites, the travelzoo Top 20... More
Industry: Internet Information Providers
Country: United States
Other News & PR