Travelzoo: Classic Value Trap
Travelzoo: A Dog Worth Betting On?
Thu, Jul. 21, 3:00 PM
Thu, Jul. 14, 8:08 AM| Thu, Jul. 14, 8:08 AM | 1 Comment
Thu, Jul. 7, 2:57 PM
- Hilton Worldwide and Marriott International are offering better discounts to loyalty club members in a bid to lower the amount of payments doled out to online third-party services, according to the The Wall Street Journal.
- It's a trend that's likely to be followed across the industry as chains look to build stickiness with loyalty members.
- Many hotel operators have contracts with sites such as Priceline and Expedia that limit their ability to undercut pricing, with the important exception of loyalty members.
- Hotel and online stocks: BEL, CHH, EXPE, H, HLT, HMIN, HOT, IHG, MAR, STAY, WYN, TRIP, OWW, TZOO.
Thu, Apr. 28, 8:05 AM
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Thu, Feb. 11, 8:04 AM
Wed, Feb. 10, 5:30 PM
- AAP, AB, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AVP, AYR, BG, BTU, BWA, CCE, COR, CPLA, CVE, DBD, FAF, FLIR, GNC, GPI, GRA, HUN, INCY, INT, IVC, K, KKR, LC, LIOX, LPX, MANU, MFC, MGI, MOS, MWW, NCI, NICE, NILE, NLSN, NNN, NOK, NTWK, NWE, OZM, PAG, PDS, PEP, PNK, Q, RAI, SHPG, SON, STC, TAP, TCK, TEVA, TGH, THS, TIME, TRI, TRIP, TZOO, VG, WBC, WOOF, WSO, WWAV, WWE
Dec. 11, 2015, 3:21 PM
- A long list of tech firms are off sharply as the Nasdaq and S&P respectively drop 2% and 2.2% ahead of an expected Fed rate hike.
- The casualty list includes threat-prevention hardware/software provider FireEye (FEYE -6.2%), machine data analytics software vendor Splunk (SPLK -7.1%), driver-assistance system vendor Mobileye (MBLY -6.3%), supercomputer makers Cray (CRAY -7.6%) and Silicon Graphics (SGI -7%), audio codec chipmaker Cirrus Logic (CRUS -5.3%), and local services marketplace Angie's List (ANGI -6.3%).
- Others include cloud HR/financials software provider Workday (WDAY -5.6%). enterprise social networking software firm Jive Software (JIVE -5.9%), cloud telematics software provider FleetMatics (FLTX -5.2%), mobile accessory maker Zagg (ZAGG -7.5%), network visibility/monitoring hardware provider Gigamon (GIMO -5.8%), smart grid networking hardware/software provider Silver Spring (SSNI -8.9%), and online travel deals provider Travelzoo (TZOO -6%).
Nov. 3, 2015, 2:23 PM
- Travelzoo (TZOO +8%) is near its highest levels since July (when shares took a major post-earnings swoon) following its Q3 beat.
- Top-line pressures continue: North American revenue fell 10% Y/Y to $20.7M, Europe 3% to $10.3M, and Asia-Pac (recently acquired) 3% to $2.7M. Excluding forex, Europe and Asia-Pac were respectively up 8% and 7%.
- Total members stood at 28M at quarter's end. North American members were flat Q/Q and up 2% Y/Y at 17.2M. European members rose by 200K Q/Q and 7% Y/Y to 7.8M. Asia-Pac members fell 4% Y/Y to 3.4M.
- Cost cuts lifted EPS: Excluding a one-time year-ago gain, GAAP operating expenses fell 12% Y/Y to $28.1M. Travelzoo ended Q3 with $34.6M in cash, and no debt.
- Q3 results, PR
Nov. 3, 2015, 8:05 AM
- Travelzoo (NASDAQ:TZOO): Q3 EPS of $0.03 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $33.73M (-7.1% Y/Y) beats by $2.5M.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ADM, AFSI, ALE, AMAG, AMSC, ANAC, ANIP, ARIA, AUDC, AXLL, AYR, BLMN, CBM, CDK, CEQP, CIE, CIT, DISCA, DNOW, EMR, EXPD, FI, FIS, FLWS, FSS, FTR, GCAP, GEL, GLDD, GLT, GTN, H, HCP, HRS, HTH, HW, HYH, IART, INCY, K, KMT, LPX, MBLY, MDCO, MHFI, MLM, MMP, MOS, NCLH, NGLS, NI, NMM, NNN, NRZ, NS, [[NTi]], NWN, NXST, NXTM, ODP, OZM, PERI, RDC, RHP, RRGB, SALE, SGNT, SMG, SRE, SSH, SUP, TASR, TGH, TRP, TWI, TZOO, UAM, UNT, VMC, VSH, WLK, WNR, WPC, WPG, ZTS
Oct. 5, 2015, 3:14 PM
- The Nasdaq is up 1.5% as equity markets display a renewed appetite for risk, and a large number of tech companies are posting 5%+ gains.
- Major gainers include 3D printer makers 3D Systems (DDD +6.8%), Stratasys (SSYS +7.3%), and ExOne (XONE +10.4%), solar microinverter maker Enphase (ENPH +10.7%) and rival SolarEdge (SEDG +6.1%), car-buying site TrueCar (TRUE +10%), defense IT firm Kratos (KTOS +9.5%), online ad software firm Marin Software (MRIN +8.3%), and CDN owner Limelight (LLNW +8.9%).
- Others: IP licensing firm Acacia (ACTG +7.2%), application delivery controller/security hardware vendor A10 Networks (ATEN +8.3%), travel deal site Travelzoo (TZOO +7.5%), home automation tech provider Control4 (CTRL +8.5%), M2M/telematics hardware and services firm CalAmp (CAMP +6.1%), online video hosting platform Brightcove (BCOV +6%).
- 3D printing stocks, hit hard in 2014 and 2015, are reversing the big losses seen last Tuesday. Travelzoo's gains follow last Thursday's CEO change announcement. CalAmp is now up 24% since beating FQ2 estimates and providing in-line FQ3 guidance on Oct. 1.
- Previously covered: Twitter, Cisco, Rackspace, Micron, SunEdison, Vivint, Juniper, CEVA, Knowles, Yandex/Qiwi
Oct. 1, 2015, 4:47 PM
- Chris Loughlin is stepping down as Travelzoo's (NASDAQ:TZOO) CEO following a 5-year run. Chairman Holger Bartel has been named "global CEO."
- In addition, Vivian Hong, formerly in charge of Travelzoo's China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan ops, has been named the company's Asia-Pac chief, and Mike Stitt, formerly an exec within Travelzoo's North American unit, its North American chief. Travelzoo acquired its Asia-Pac unit this summer.
- The shakeup comes with Travelzoo trading near a multi-year low of $8.02.
Aug. 26, 2015, 7:10 PM
- Travelzoo (NASDAQ:TZOO) has acquired the "Travelzoo Asia Pacific Business," which operated independently under the Travelzoo brand, for a mixture of cash and a $5.7M promissory note.
- The business had 2014 revenue of $10.8M, and operates in China, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Australia, and Southeast Asia. Travelzoo highlights the deal's potential to "tap into opportunities arising from the fast-growing number of Chinese outbound travelers."
- The company also announces it has added Caroline Tsay, an HP software exec, and Beatrice Tarka, the founder/CEO of travel search engine Mobissimo, to its board.
Jul. 16, 2015, 12:46 PM
Jul. 16, 2015, 8:08 AM
- Travelzoo (NASDAQ:TZOO): Q2 EPS of $0.09 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $34.1M (-7.5% Y/Y) beats by $0.3M.
Travelzoo, Inc. operates as a global internet media company which provides information to subscribers and website users about the best travel, entertainment and local deals available from thousands of companies. Its publications and products include the travelzoo websites, the travelzoo Top 20... More
Industry: Internet Information Providers
Country: United States
Other News & PR