Travelzoo: Classic Value Trap
Travelzoo: A Dog Worth Betting On?
Travelzoo: Welcome To The Bungle
Wed, Aug. 3, 1:13 PM
- Cruise line stocks are recovering from a harsh sell-off following Royal Caribbean's (RCL +1.9%) earnings report. Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings NCLH and Carnival CCL saw some panicking trading yesterday, according to some analysts.
- United Continental (UAL +1.6%) and Delta Air Lines (DAL +1%) are also higher on the day. Sector watchers note that the impact of Zika on the carriers may have been overstated.
- Priceline Group (PCLN +1.7%) and Travelzoo (TZOO +1.9%) are ahead of broad market indexes.
- Hotel stocks Hyatt Hotels (H +2.6%), Marriott International (MAR +1.1%), and Hilton Worldwide Holdings (HLT +1%) are in positive territory in the lodging sector.
Thu, Jul. 28, 8:03 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Thu, Jul. 21, 3:00 PM
Thu, Jul. 14, 8:08 AM| Thu, Jul. 14, 8:08 AM | 1 Comment
Thu, Jul. 7, 2:57 PM
- Hilton Worldwide and Marriott International are offering better discounts to loyalty club members in a bid to lower the amount of payments doled out to online third-party services, according to the The Wall Street Journal.
- It's a trend that's likely to be followed across the industry as chains look to build stickiness with loyalty members.
- Many hotel operators have contracts with sites such as Priceline and Expedia that limit their ability to undercut pricing, with the important exception of loyalty members.
- Hotel and online stocks: BEL, CHH, EXPE, H, HLT, HMIN, HOT, IHG, MAR, STAY, WYN, TRIP, OWW, TZOO.
Thu, Apr. 28, 8:05 AM
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Thu, Feb. 11, 8:04 AM
- Travelzoo (NASDAQ:TZOO): Q4 EPS of $0.03 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $32.05M (-6.5% Y/Y) misses by $0.09M.
Wed, Feb. 10, 5:30 PM
- AAP, AB, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AVP, AYR, BG, BTU, BWA, CCE, COR, CPLA, CVE, DBD, FAF, FLIR, GNC, GPI, GRA, HUN, INCY, INT, IVC, K, KKR, LC, LIOX, LPX, MANU, MFC, MGI, MOS, MWW, NCI, NICE, NILE, NLSN, NNN, NOK, NTWK, NWE, OZM, PAG, PDS, PEP, PNK, Q, RAI, SHPG, SON, STC, TAP, TCK, TEVA, TGH, THS, TIME, TRI, TRIP, TZOO, VG, WBC, WOOF, WSO, WWAV, WWE
Dec. 11, 2015, 3:21 PM
- A long list of tech firms are off sharply as the Nasdaq and S&P respectively drop 2% and 2.2% ahead of an expected Fed rate hike.
- The casualty list includes threat-prevention hardware/software provider FireEye (FEYE -6.2%), machine data analytics software vendor Splunk (SPLK -7.1%), driver-assistance system vendor Mobileye (MBLY -6.3%), supercomputer makers Cray (CRAY -7.6%) and Silicon Graphics (SGI -7%), audio codec chipmaker Cirrus Logic (CRUS -5.3%), and local services marketplace Angie's List (ANGI -6.3%).
- Others include cloud HR/financials software provider Workday (WDAY -5.6%). enterprise social networking software firm Jive Software (JIVE -5.9%), cloud telematics software provider FleetMatics (FLTX -5.2%), mobile accessory maker Zagg (ZAGG -7.5%), network visibility/monitoring hardware provider Gigamon (GIMO -5.8%), smart grid networking hardware/software provider Silver Spring (SSNI -8.9%), and online travel deals provider Travelzoo (TZOO -6%).
Nov. 3, 2015, 2:23 PM
- Travelzoo (TZOO +8%) is near its highest levels since July (when shares took a major post-earnings swoon) following its Q3 beat.
- Top-line pressures continue: North American revenue fell 10% Y/Y to $20.7M, Europe 3% to $10.3M, and Asia-Pac (recently acquired) 3% to $2.7M. Excluding forex, Europe and Asia-Pac were respectively up 8% and 7%.
- Total members stood at 28M at quarter's end. North American members were flat Q/Q and up 2% Y/Y at 17.2M. European members rose by 200K Q/Q and 7% Y/Y to 7.8M. Asia-Pac members fell 4% Y/Y to 3.4M.
- Cost cuts lifted EPS: Excluding a one-time year-ago gain, GAAP operating expenses fell 12% Y/Y to $28.1M. Travelzoo ended Q3 with $34.6M in cash, and no debt.
- Q3 results, PR
Nov. 3, 2015, 8:05 AM
- Travelzoo (NASDAQ:TZOO): Q3 EPS of $0.03 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $33.73M (-7.1% Y/Y) beats by $2.5M.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ADM, AFSI, ALE, AMAG, AMSC, ANAC, ANIP, ARIA, AUDC, AXLL, AYR, BLMN, CBM, CDK, CEQP, CIE, CIT, DISCA, DNOW, EMR, EXPD, FI, FIS, FLWS, FSS, FTR, GCAP, GEL, GLDD, GLT, GTN, H, HCP, HRS, HTH, HW, HYH, IART, INCY, K, KMT, LPX, MBLY, MDCO, MHFI, MLM, MMP, MOS, NCLH, NGLS, NI, NMM, NNN, NRZ, NS, [[NTi]], NWN, NXST, NXTM, ODP, OZM, PERI, RDC, RHP, RRGB, SALE, SGNT, SMG, SRE, SSH, SUP, TASR, TGH, TRP, TWI, TZOO, UAM, UNT, VMC, VSH, WLK, WNR, WPC, WPG, ZTS
Oct. 5, 2015, 3:14 PM
- The Nasdaq is up 1.5% as equity markets display a renewed appetite for risk, and a large number of tech companies are posting 5%+ gains.
- Major gainers include 3D printer makers 3D Systems (DDD +6.8%), Stratasys (SSYS +7.3%), and ExOne (XONE +10.4%), solar microinverter maker Enphase (ENPH +10.7%) and rival SolarEdge (SEDG +6.1%), car-buying site TrueCar (TRUE +10%), defense IT firm Kratos (KTOS +9.5%), online ad software firm Marin Software (MRIN +8.3%), and CDN owner Limelight (LLNW +8.9%).
- Others: IP licensing firm Acacia (ACTG +7.2%), application delivery controller/security hardware vendor A10 Networks (ATEN +8.3%), travel deal site Travelzoo (TZOO +7.5%), home automation tech provider Control4 (CTRL +8.5%), M2M/telematics hardware and services firm CalAmp (CAMP +6.1%), online video hosting platform Brightcove (BCOV +6%).
- 3D printing stocks, hit hard in 2014 and 2015, are reversing the big losses seen last Tuesday. Travelzoo's gains follow last Thursday's CEO change announcement. CalAmp is now up 24% since beating FQ2 estimates and providing in-line FQ3 guidance on Oct. 1.
- Previously covered: Twitter, Cisco, Rackspace, Micron, SunEdison, Vivint, Juniper, CEVA, Knowles, Yandex/Qiwi
Oct. 1, 2015, 4:47 PM
- Chris Loughlin is stepping down as Travelzoo's (NASDAQ:TZOO) CEO following a 5-year run. Chairman Holger Bartel has been named "global CEO."
- In addition, Vivian Hong, formerly in charge of Travelzoo's China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan ops, has been named the company's Asia-Pac chief, and Mike Stitt, formerly an exec within Travelzoo's North American unit, its North American chief. Travelzoo acquired its Asia-Pac unit this summer.
- The shakeup comes with Travelzoo trading near a multi-year low of $8.02.