Ubiquiti Networks, Inc.NASDAQ
Ubiquiti Networks' Margins Are Unsustainable. Look Out Below!
Alpha Gen Capital • 53 Comments
Alpha Gen Capital • 53 Comments
Buy Ubiquiti Networks - Offers 50% Upside With Highly Limited Downside
Barath Balu • 62 Comments
Barath Balu • 62 Comments
Thu, Nov. 3, 5:37 PM
Thu, Nov. 3, 4:03 PM
Wed, Nov. 2, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACET, AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, AMBC, AMBR, AMED, AMH, ANET, ATSG, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BNFT, BOJA, BRS, CARA, CARB, CBS, CDR, CECO, CERS, CINR, CLNE, CLVS, COGT, CPSI, CRC, CSC, CSOD, CTRL, CWST, DCO, DCT, ECOM, ECR, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, ELY, EOG, EPR, EVC, EXEL, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FNGN, FOSL, FPRX, GCAP, GERN, GLUU, GNMK, GNW, GPRO, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GUID, GXP, HCI, HDP, HIL, HTGC, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, INVN, IVR, JJSF, KAR, KHC, KMPR, KW, LADR, LCI, LGF, LGND, LNT, LOCO, LVS, LXU, MAIN, MDRX, MED, MEDP, MELI, MHK, MITT, MMI, MNST, MRC, MSI, MTD, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NE, NFG, NKTR, NNI, NPTN, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OTEX, OVAS, PBA, PCTY, PDLI, PEN, PETX, PFMT, PODD, QLYS, QRVO, RATE, RMAX, RP, RPXC, RTRX, RVNC, SBUX, SEM, SJI, SLCA, SPPI, SPXC, SSNI, STAA, STAG, STMP, SWIR, SWKS, SYMC, TAHO, THG, TRMR, TRQ, TRUE, TS, TSRO, TWLO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, UEPS, VRNS, VTL, WEB, WGL, WIFI, WTW, XLRN
Thu, Aug. 4, 4:04 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACAD, ACHN, ACXM, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALNY, AMBR, AMH, AMRS, ANET, ASYS, ATRC, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BMRN, BRS, CARA, CBPO, CERS, CINR, CPSI, CPST, CSOD, CTRL, CYTX, DCO, DCT, DMD, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ECYT, ED, EFC, EGOV, EOG, ESL, EVDY, EVH, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FLT, FPRX, FRPT, FRT, FTD, GCAP, GDOT, GEOS, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GTY, GXP, HDP, HE, HTGC, ICON, IILG, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, IRWD, IVR, JMBA, JUNO, KHC, KMPR, KND, KTOS, KW, LADR, LBTYA, LGF, LNKD, LOCO, LOPE, MACK, MDRX, MELI, MHK, MHLD, MITT, MMI, MNST, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NFG, NNI, NOG, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OUT, OVAS, PACB, PCLN, PDLI, PETX, PFMT, PGRE, PKI, POST, PRSS, PSIX, PTCT, RATE, REGI, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RTRX, RVNC, SEM, SEMG, SHOR, SMCI, SPXC, SSNI, SWIR, SYMC, SYRG, TASR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TSRO, TTWO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, VVUS, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, WTI, WTS, WTW, ZG, ZNGA
Mon, May 9, 3:01 PM
- Ubiquiti (UBNT), a major player in the SMB Wi-Fi access point market, is expanding into the home Wi-Fi market by launching AmpliFi, an 802.11ac home Wi-Fi system featuring a router and a pair of packaged range extenders. The company has also unveiled Ubiquiti Labs, a Latvia-based consumer electronics R&D unit responsible for AmpliFi.
- Amplifi's $199 price puts it in the high end of the consumer Wi-Fi market. Ubiquiti asserts the system was "designed to eliminate general shortcomings of today's Wi-Fi routers in serving the demands of the modern connected homes." It promises aggregate throughput of up to 5.45Gbps, as well as the ability to eliminate dead spots "in the most demanding home environments."
- CEO Robert Pera: "We’re in a special position to make a very profitable business in the consumer market." Last year, Google launched its $199 OnHub home Wi-Fi router solution (sold via OEMs Asus and TP-Link), while also promising unmatched coverage/performance.
Thu, May 5, 5:35 PM
Thu, May 5, 4:07 PM
- Ubiquiti Networks (NASDAQ:UBNT): FQ3 EPS of $0.63 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $167.43M (+13.5% Y/Y) beats by $3.08M.
- Shares +7.96%.
Wed, May 4, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMBR, AMH, ANET, APLE, ASYS, ATHX, ATVI, ATW, BBG, BCEI, BIO, BIOS, BLDR, BOJA, CAA, CARA, CERN, CINR, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CPA, CTRL, CYBR, CZR, DATA, DCT, DEPO, DIOD, DK, DKL, DV, DWA, EBS, ECOM, ED, EFC, EGAN, EGL, EGN, EGY, ELON, ENDP, ENV, EOG, ERII, ESL, EVC, EVDY, EVHC, FCE.A, FEYE, FISV, FLR, FPRX, FTD, GBDC, GEOS, GERN, GPRO, GSAT, GST, GUID, GXP, HLF, HTGC, ICPT, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, JCOM, LADR, LOCO, MAIN, MCHX, MDR, MDRX, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTD, MTZ, NBIX, NGVC, NSTG, NWSA, OLED, OMED, OUT, OVAS, PACD, PCTY, PEGA, PETX, PKI, PMT, POST, PRSS, PTCT, PTLA, QLGC, RPTP, RRMS, RWT, SAAS, SEM, SEMG, SNCR, SPPI, SPWR, SPXC, SQ, SSNC, SWIR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TRQ, TRUP, TSRO, TWOU, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, WAGE, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, XNPT, Y, YELP
Fri, Feb. 5, 12:40 PM
Thu, Feb. 4, 6:28 PM
- Ubiquiti (NASDAQ:UBNT) has surged to $33.20 after hours after soundly beating FQ2 estimates and issuing strong FQ3 guidance - revenue of $160M-$170M and EPS of $0.53-$0.60 vs. a consensus of $158.8M and $0.51.
- Top-line performance: Lifting FQ2 sales: Service provider revenue rose 10% Y/Y to $109.6M, after having dropped 4% in FQ1. Enterprise revenue (driven by Wi-Fi hardware) fell 2% to $52.3M, after having grown 12% in FQ1. North American, South American, EMEA, and Asia-Pac sales each rose Y/Y.
Financials: Gross margin rose to 48.8% from FQ1's 48.5% and the year-ago period's 45.1%. GAAP operating expenses rose 23% Y/Y to $22.6M - $15.4M was spent on R&D and $7.4M on SG&A, and another $257K was recovered from last year's fraud loss.
Ubiquiti ended FQ2 with $496.7M in cash and $125.5M in debt. The company's $50M buyback program (announced with the FQ1 report) has been completed.
- Ubiquiti's FQ2 results, earnings release
Thu, Feb. 4, 5:39 PM
Thu, Feb. 4, 4:18 PM
- Ubiquiti Networks (NASDAQ:UBNT): FQ2 EPS of $0.58 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $161.9M (+5.7% Y/Y) beats by $6.82M.
- Shares +15%.
Wed, Feb. 3, 5:35 PM
- ACET, ACXM, AHL, AIV, ASYS, ATHN, ATR, BMI, CATM, CTRL, DATA, DCT, DECK, DV, ECHO, ECOM, EGAN, EGOV, ELY, ES, ESL, ESS, FLDM, FLT, G, GNW, HBI, HIG, IPHI, KRG, LGF, LNKD, MOBL, MTD, NEWR, NFG, NSR, NTGR, OMCL, OUTR, PCTY, PDM, PKI, POST, PPS, PXLW, QRVO, RDEN, RNG, SKYW, SRCL, SWIR, SXT, THG, TTMI, UBNT, UEPS, WAIR, YRCW
Thu, Jan. 14, 9:27 AM
- Believing the company has failed to diversify into markets such as data networking (i.e. Ethernet switching/IP routing) as previously expected, Bernstein has downgraded Ubiquiti (NASDAQ:UBNT) to Market Perform, and cut its target by $10 to $30.
- The firm is also worried about corporate governance, citing Ubiquiti's 2015 fraud loss and the fact the company has lacked a permanent CFO for the last six months (since Craig L. Foster resigned).
- UBNT -2% premarket to $27.55. On the November FQ1 earnings call (transcript), CEO Robert Pera commented on the performance of Ubiquiti's UniFi Ethernet switch line. "UniFi switches, the volume is decent, but I think what's holding it back is we just haven't developed a lot of the advanced Layer-3 switching features that a lot of the competitors have, and we are working on that."
Nov. 5, 2015, 4:13 PM
- Ubiquiti (NASDAQ:UBNT) has jumped to $32.60 after hours after beating FQ1 estimates and guiding for FQ2 revenue of $150M-$160M and EPS of $0.49-$0.56 vs. a consensus of $157.1M and $0.50.
- The carrier wireless broadband/enterprise Wi-Fi hardware vendor has also launched a new $50M buyback, and says its prior $100M buyback was used up after $63.3M was spent to repurchase shares in FQ1.
- Top-line performance: Service provider revenue -4% Y/Y to $103.4M. Enterprise revenue +12% to $48M. South American revenue fell sharply Y/Y, Asia-Pac rose moderately, EMEA rose strongly, and North America rose fractionally.
- Financials: Boosting EPS: Gross margin rose to 48.5% from 45.5% in FQ4 and 40.7% a year ago. After backing out the recovery of $8M from last quarter's fraud loss, operating expenses rose 25% Y/Y to $21.7M - $13.6M was spent on R&D, and $8.1M on sales/marketing. Ubiquiti ended FQ1 with $436.1M in cash, and $95M in debt.
- FQ1 results, PR