Timberwolf Equity Research
Darspal S Mann
Mon, Jan. 25, 2:34 PM
- Concerns over pricing are running up and down the paper and packaging sector.
- A drop in prices during January could lead to even further erosion down the road warns, Citi.
- Downgrades: Citi lowers International Paper (IP -10.5%) and Packaging Corp. of America (PKG -13.1%) to Neutral from Buy, BAML takes Westrock (WRK -13.8%) to Neutral from Buy, Macquarie slams KapStone Paper & Packaging (KS -21.8%) with an Underperform rating.
- Also showing weakness are Domtar (UFS -7.4%), Orchids Paper Products (TIS -1.9%), P H Glatfelter (GLT -9.2%), and Clearwater Paper (CLW -6.4%).
Oct. 9, 2015, 10:16 AM
- Paper and packaging stocks are in rally mode off of positive signs in the sectors for pricing. The moves also arrive amid a broader rally in consumer products stocks this week.
- Also in the mix, there's a new study from RISI suggesting new Department of Commerce anti-dumping rules could benefit domestic suppliers.
- The bottom line is broad-based gains are being struck.
- Gainers include KapStone Paper and Packaging (KS +9.2%), Wausau Paper (WPP +2.1%), PH Glatfelter (RFP +1.9%), Domtar (UFS +0.9%), International Paper (IP +5.7%), Packaging Corporation of America (PKG +4.5%), WestRock Company (WRK +4.4%), Graphic Packaging Holding (GPK +1.1%).
Mar. 6, 2015, 2:58 PM
- Domtar (UFS +3.6%) shoots higher following headlines that the company received a favorable ruling from the International Trade Commission in the preliminary phase of anti-dumping and countervailing duty investigations concerning certain uncoated paper from Australia, Brazil, China, Indonesia and Portugal.
- Other paper packaging stocks are lower: IP -0.9%, PKG -1.9%, RKT -1.7%, MWV -1.8%, KS -1.5%.
Apr. 8, 2014, 9:25 AM
Jul. 12, 2013, 10:40 AM
Domtar (UFS -5%) trades lower after projecting revenue of $1.312B in Q2, below the consensus estimate of $1.358B. The company noted it had "sub optimal" pulp productivity and unusually higher costs during the quarter.| Jul. 12, 2013, 10:40 AM
Apr. 25, 2013, 11:21 AM
Apr. 26, 2012, 2:39 PM
Apr. 3, 2012, 1:02 PM
Dec. 15, 2011, 3:45 PM
Canadian paper manufacturer Domtar (UFS +5.4%) trades higher after its board authorizes a $400M increase to its share buyback program. The original program announced in May, 2010 now has an aggregate authorization of $1B.| Dec. 15, 2011, 3:45 PM
Oct. 11, 2011, 12:27 PM