Thu, Mar. 26, 5:23 PM
- NiSource (NYSE:NI) names Donald Brown as CFO, effective upon NI and Columbia Pipeline Group’s split into two companies, which is expected to be completed in mid-2015; Brown will become executive VP for NI's finance team effective April 6.
- Brown will stay in his current position as CFO of UGI Utilities (NYSE:UGI) until he assumes his role at NI.
- Current NI CFO Stephen Smith will become CFO for Columbia Pipeline.
Wed, Feb. 4, 6:58 PM
Thu, Jan. 29, 4:53 PM
Nov. 21, 2014, 4:28 PM
Nov. 12, 2014, 6:05 PM
Nov. 11, 2014, 5:35 PM
Oct. 29, 2014, 4:58 PM
- Spectra Energy Partners (SEP, SE) says it is joining the development of the PennEast Pipeline, which is expected to transport natural gas from the Marcellus Shale to Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Spectra joins AGL Resources (NYSE:GAS), NJ Resources (NYSE:NJR), Public Service's (NYSE:PEG) PSEG Power, South Jersey Industries (NYSE:SJI), and UGI; Spectra and PSEG Power will own 10% stakes in PennEast, while the others will own 20%.
Sep. 18, 2014, 12:23 PM
- Public Service Enterprise (PEG -0.72%) is joining the PennEast pipeline project to develop a 100-mile pipeline from Pennsylvania to New Jersey that will transport lower cost natural gas to homes and businesses.
- The pipeline, projected to go into service in 2017, will transport up to 1B cf/day of natural gas and is expected to cost at least $1B.
- PEG will own a 12% interest in PennEast; the other four pipeline partners - AGL Resources (NYSE:GAS), New Jersey Resources (NYSE:NJR), South Jersey Industries (NYSE:SJI) and UGI - each will own 22% stakes.
Aug. 12, 2014, 8:52 AM
- PennEast Pipeline announces plans to construct a $1B, 100-mile pipeline intended to bring natural gas from the Marcellus Shale region to the equivalent of 4.7M homes in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- The proposed pipeline is expected to help reduce natural gas price volatility for its customers.
- PennEast is a joint project of AGL Resources (NYSE:GAS), New Jersey Resources (NYSE:NJR), South Jersey Industries (NYSE:SJI) and UGI.
Jul. 30, 2014, 5:55 AM| Comment!
Jul. 29, 2014, 7:06 PM
Jul. 2, 2014, 10:22 AM
- UGI Corp. (UGI +0.2%) says its French subsidiary has reached a preliminary deal to acquire Total's (TOT -0.8%) liquefied petroleum gas unit in France for €400M-€450M ($547M-$615M).
- UGI, which is the general partner of retail propane distributor AmeriGas Partners (APU -0.1%), has been seeking growth through international expansion; TOT is trying to sell non-core or mature assets as part of a program to improve its cash flow and profitability.
- UGI expects the deal to boost EPS in the first full year.
May. 7, 2014, 5:09 PM
Mar. 27, 2014, 5:51 PM
- The FTC accuses two key propane suppliers, Blue Rhino (FGP) and AmeriGas (APU, UGI), of illegally colluding in 2008 by reducing the amount of propane in tanks from 17 pounds to 15 pounds without cutting the price, in administrative complaint filed against the companies.
- Blue Rhino and AmeriGas together controlled ~80% of the market for wholesale propane exchange tanks in the U.S., according to the FTC.
Feb. 3, 2014, 4:18 PM
Feb. 3, 2014, 12:10 AM
UGI vs. ETF Alternatives
UGI Corp through itssubsidiaries distributes, stores, transports and markets energy products and related services. It is adomestic & international retail distributor of propane & butane, and providesnatural gas & electric service.
Other News & PR