Universal Health Services Inc.NYSE
Yesterday, 11:20 AM
- Universal Health Services (UHS +2.6%) takes a dim view of BuzzFeed's article that prompted a 12% plunge in its share price yesterday. In a statement, it says it "disputes and denies" the reporter's conclusions and believes the story "misses the mark" in several important ways that lead to an inaccurate portrayal of UHS's behavioral health operations ignoring the "preeminent role" of the clinician in treating patients.
- Previously: Universal Health Services sinks 12% on Buzzfeed report (Dec. 7)
Wed, Dec. 7, 7:55 PM
- Universal Health Services (NYSE:UHS) tumbled nearly 12% in today's trade, bringing up the rear of the S&P 500, following a BuzzFeed report alleging that the company’s psychiatric hospitals put profits ahead of people.
- BuzzFeed says it interviewed current and former UHS staff members who said they felt pressure to fill beds, and former UHS patients who alleged they were held against their will and that counselors twisted their statements during evaluations in order to forcibly admit them.
- UHS disputes the report, saying its conclusions "are contrary to the factual record and UHS policies and practices" and focus on anecdotal accounts and personal perspectives.
Wed, Nov. 16, 6:04 PM
Fri, Nov. 11, 6:52 AM
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE:VRX) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Rodman & Renshaw. Price target lowered to $23 (37% upside) from $81.
- WellCare Health Plans (NYSE:WCG) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight by JPMorgan.
- Universal Health Services (NYSE:UHS) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Bank of America. Price target lowered to $135 (12% upside) from $150.
- UnitedHealth Group (NYSE:UNH) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Mizuho Securities.
- Globus Medical (NYSE:GMED) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by JMP Securities and William Blair. Downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by Oppenheimer. Price target lowered to $23 (7% upside) from $29. Downgraded to Market Perform by Citigroup. Price target lowered to $23 (7% upside) from $29.
- Kindred Healthcare (NYSE:KND) downgraded to Sell from Hold by Stifel Nicolaus. Price target lowered to $5 (19% downside risk) from $10. Downgraded to Sector Perform by RBC Capital Markets and Royal Bank of Canada. Price target lowered to $9 (46% upside) from $16 by both.
- Impax Laboratories (NASDAQ:IPXL) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral with a $19 (32% upside) price target by Bank of America.
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:BMRN) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight by Piper Jaffray. Price target lowered to $84 (10% downside risk) from $105.
Wed, Nov. 9, 8:29 AM
- Hospital groups look a bit sickly premarket as investors appear to perceive a less-than-robust future under a Trump presidency.
- Sampling: (NYSE:HUM) -2%; (NYSE:HCA) -16%; (NYSE:THC) -26%; (NYSE:CYH) -18%; (NYSE:UHS) -10%; (NYSE:SEM) -7%; (NASDAQ:LPNT) -12%
- Healthcare services are weak as well: (NYSE:UNH) -3%; (NYSE:MOH) -8%; (NASDAQ:AMSG) -11%; (NASDAQ:AMED) -3%; (NYSE:EVHC) -5%
Mon, Nov. 7, 11:30 AM
- Investors are moving back into hospital groups in early trading on what appears to be a collective sigh of relief that the FBI investigation into candidate Clinton's email management while Secretary of State has been shut down. The investigative agency reiterated its statement that she is not guilty of any crime. In other words, she is "on go" to be elected President.
- Representative tickers: (HUM +3.8%)(THC +13.5%)(HCA +5%)(CYH +9.1%)(UHS +4.3%)(SEM +7.4%)(LPNT +4.8%)
Wed, Oct. 26, 4:30 PM
Tue, Oct. 25, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, AEM, AHL, ALDW, ALGT, AMSF, ANIK, AR, ARI, ARRS, AXS, AXTI, BGG, BWLD, CAA, CACI, CAKE, CDE, CHE, CMO, CMPR, CRY, CSGP, CSII, CW, DDR, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, EGHT, EPE, EQY, ESND, ESV, EXR, FBHS, FFIV, FISV, FORR, GG, GRPN, GTY, HUBG, IBKC, INFN, JBT, KEX, KMT, KNX, KRA, KRC, KWR, LLNW, LMAT, MB, MC, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MUR, NEM, NEU, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NXPI, O, OCN, ORLY, PLNT, PLXS, PPC, PRXL, PSA, PTC, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, RGA, RHI, RJF, SCI, SFLY, SGMO, SHLM, SIGI, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TRN, TSLA, TTMI, TXN, TYL, UCTT, UHS, UNM, VAR, VMW, WCN, WDC, WIRE, WLL, XL
Tue, Jul. 26, 4:25 PM
Mon, Jul. 25, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, AIZ, AKAM, AKR, ALDR, AMP, APC, ARI, ASH, AXS, BCR, BJRI, BLDP, BVN, BWLD, BXMT, BXP, CAVM, CB, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CNO, CSV, CTXS, CUZ, CVA, DDR, DMRC, DOX, EQR, ETH, EW, FSP, FTK, GHL, GLF, GMED, HUBG, HURN, ILMN, IRBT, JBT, JNPR, KN, LLTC, LNDC, MDR, MTCH, MTSI, NANO, NCR, NUVA, OIS, PEI, PNRA, PSB, QTS, RGC, RHI, RNR, RRC, RSYS, SGEN, SKT, TGB, TRMK, TRU, TSS, TWTR, UDR, UHS, UIS, ULTI, UMBF, USNA, VR, WES, WGP, WNC, X, ZION, ZIXI
Thu, Jul. 21, 5:18 AM
Thu, May 19, 5:17 PM
- Universal Health Services (NYSE:UHS) declares $0.10/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 0.3%
- Payable June 15; for shareholders of record June 1; ex-div May 27.
Thu, May 19, 10:05 AM
- Universal Health Services (UHS -0.3%) initiates an offering of $800M aggregate principal amount of 4.750% Senior Secured Notes due 2022 and 2026.
- The 2022 Notes will be issued under the indenture governing the company's existing $300M aggregate principal amount of 4.750% Senior Secured Notes due 2022 that were issued in August 2014. The 2026 Notes will be a new issuance under a separate indenture.
- Net proceeds will be used to roll over existing debt.
Tue, May 3, 10:16 AM
- Universal Health Services (UHS -0.9%) agrees to purchase the minority interest held by a third party in its six acute care hospitals in Las Vegas, NV for total consideration of $445M.
- The ownership interests range from 26.1% to 27.5% in Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center, Desert Springs Hospital, Henderson Hospital, Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center, Summerlin Hospital Medical Center and Valley Hospital Medical Center.
Wed, Apr. 27, 4:35 PM
- Universal Health Services (NYSE:UHS): Q1 EPS of $1.93 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $2.45B (+9.9% Y/Y) beats by $50M.
- Shares +5.2%.
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:35 PM
- ACGL, AEL, AF, ALGT, AMKR, AMP, ANIK, AR, ASGN, AVB, AVG, BCR, BGC, BKCC, BLKB, CACI, CAKE, CAVM, CBL, CDE, CGI, CLI, CMO, CMPR, CNMD, CNO, CRY, CSGP, CVTI, DGI, DLB, DMRC, DRE, DTLK, DWRE, DXCM, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXTR, FB, FIX, FNF, FORM, FORR, FR, FSLR, GG, HOLX, HTCH, HY, IBKC, INFN, IPHS, KEX, KIM, KRA, KRC, KS, LLNW, LOCK, LOGI, LQ, MANT, MAR, MC, MEOH, MMLP, MN, MSTR, MTGE, NE, NEU, NGD, NTGR, NVDQ, OIS, ORLY, OTEX, PEB, PPC, PRXL, PYPL, QDEL, QEP, QGEN, RCII, RGLD, RNG, ROIC, SCI, SFLY, SGI, SIMO, SNDK, SPRT, SSS, STR, TAL, TER, TILE, TS, TTEK, TTMI, TXN, TYL, UHS, UNM, VAR, VRTX, WCN, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX