What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Dec. 10, 2015, 8:22 AM
- Connecticut's utilities regulator approved the $3B merger of UIL Holdings (NYSE:UIL) and Spanish energy company Iberdrola (OTCPK:IBDSF, OTCPK:IBDRY) late yesterday, permitting the deal to close this quarter.
- The state's Public Utilities Regulatory Authority rejected the deal in a preliminary decision in July, saying the benefits for the public were not "tangible and sizable," but finally concluded that the application met its financial, managerial, technical and public interest requirements.
Sep. 17, 2015, 6:54 PM
- UIL Holdings (NYSE:UIL) and proposed merger partner Iberdrola (OTCPK:IBDSF, OTCPK:IBDRY) would pick up the entire $30M tab for cleaning up the long-idled, polluted English Station power plant in New Haven, in an agreement announced today by Connecticut's attorney general.
- The agreement is separate from the merger approvals the companies are seeking from the state's utility regulator, whose members have said they cannot consider the cleanup as a condition of approving the merger, but the agreement is contingent on the merger securing all regulators' approvals.
Sep. 14, 2015, 8:19 AM
- UIL Holdings (NYSE:UIL) and Iberdrola (OTCPK:IBDSF, OTCPK:IBDRY) say they have reached an agreement in principle with Connecticut's Office of Consumer Counsel that would resolve the regulator's concerns with the companies pending merger application, if agreement can be reached with other parties concerning English Station in New Haven.
- Iberdrola agreed in February to buy UIL as part of an expansion plan in the U.S., but Connecticut regulators rejected the $3B deal, saying the benefits for the public were not "tangible and sizable"; federal regulators already have approved the takeover.
Jul. 7, 2015, 10:51 AM
- UIL Holdings (UIL +2.9%) pops after an SEC filing shows it and Iberdrola (OTCPK:IBDSF, OTCPK:IBDRY) will submit a new application to Connecticut's Public Utilities Regulatory Authority regarding their merger.
- The companies say they will file a new application for a change of control of UIL in a manner they believe addresses the points and guidance included in the state's rejection of their proposed merger.
- In its decision, the regulator had said a lack of certain corporate safeguards could "weaken" the Connecticut utilities.
Jun. 30, 2015, 3:42 PM
- UIL Holdings (UIL -3.7%) tumbles as Connecticut regulators rejected its proposed merger with the U.S. operations of Iberdrola (OTCPK:IBDSF,OTCPK:IBDRY).
- The state Public Utilities Regulatory Authority says in a draft decision that although Iberdrola has the technical experience and financial resources to complete the merger, the lack of certain corporate safeguards could "weaken" the Connecticut utilities.
- The transaction was announced in February and was still subject to regulatory and UIL shareholder approvals.
Feb. 26, 2015, 4:55 AM
- Spanish utility Iberdrola (OTCPK:IBDRY) has agreed to buy UIL Holdings (NYSE:UIL) for about $3B, creating a new listed power and electric utility.
- Iberdrola said the deal would help implement its growth plans in the U.S. through 2016, as it seeks to expand its footprint outside its sluggish home market.
- The deal values each share of UIL at $52.83, representing a 23.6% premium over its closing price on Wednesday.
Mar. 3, 2014, 8:05 AM
- UIL Holdings (UIL) agrees to acquire the operations of Philadelphia Gas Works, the largest municipally owned natural gas utility in the U.S., for $1.86B.
- UIL says the deal will expand its natural gas business and create a more geographically diversified utility holding company that serves more than 1.2M gas and electric customers.
- The deal still needs approvals from the Philadelphia City Council and the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission.
Other News & PR