Jul. 7, 2015, 10:51 AM
- UIL Holdings (UIL +2.9%) pops after an SEC filing shows it and Iberdrola (OTCPK:IBDSF, OTCPK:IBDRY) will submit a new application to Connecticut's Public Utilities Regulatory Authority regarding their merger.
- The companies say they will file a new application for a change of control of UIL in a manner they believe addresses the points and guidance included in the state's rejection of their proposed merger.
- In its decision, the regulator had said a lack of certain corporate safeguards could "weaken" the Connecticut utilities.
Jun. 30, 2015, 3:42 PM
- UIL Holdings (UIL -3.7%) tumbles as Connecticut regulators rejected its proposed merger with the U.S. operations of Iberdrola (OTCPK:IBDSF,OTCPK:IBDRY).
- The state Public Utilities Regulatory Authority says in a draft decision that although Iberdrola has the technical experience and financial resources to complete the merger, the lack of certain corporate safeguards could "weaken" the Connecticut utilities.
- The transaction was announced in February and was still subject to regulatory and UIL shareholder approvals.
Feb. 26, 2015, 12:57 PM
Apr. 30, 2014, 3:11 PM
- FuelCell Energy (FCEL +4.2%) is higher today after winning a contract to build and operate two 2.8 MW power plants in Connecticut for UIL Holdings' (UIL) United Illuminating.
- FCEL says one plant, on an unused landfill in Bridgeport, also will include ~5 MW of a solar photovoltaic system, and a second site will be determined in 30 days.
- The plants will be completed next year; financial terms were not disclosed.
Jun. 18, 2012, 2:05 PM
UIL Holdings Corp is engaged in electric distribution, electric transmission and gas distributional activities.
Industry: Electric Utilities
Country: United States