Fri, Jul. 10, 7:43 AM
- Unilever (UN, UL) is upgraded by Jefferies to a Hold rating after being slotted previously at Underperform.
- The bear call on Unilever didn't work out as planned for Jefferies as the consumer products company outperformed P&G and Kimberly Clark this year.
- UL +4.32% premarket to $44.87, while the Netherlands-listed UN +5.68% to $44.10.
Fri, Mar. 6, 10:46 AM
- Global consumer staples stocks are weaker than market averages as concerns on market pricing and F/X sit in the background.
- The 1.21% gain in the U.S. Dollar Index isn't going unnoticed by traders.
- Notable decliners include General Mills (NYSE:GIS) -1.6%, Colgate-Palmolive (NYSE:CL) -2.0%, Unilever (NYSE:UL) -1.9%, General Mills (GIS) -1.8%, Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ) -1.9%, Post Holdings (NYSE:POST) -1.8%, Hershey (NYSE:HSY) -1.8%, Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO) -1.2%.
- The Consumer Staples ETF (NYSEARCA:XLP) is down 1.2% versus S&P 500 -0.4%.
- Other staples ETFs: VDC, FXG, RHS, FSTA, PSL, PSCC
Mon, Mar. 2, 9:12 AM
- Unilever (NYSE:UL) shareholders are more restless over the performance of CEO Paul Polman than in the past, according to an annual Bernstein Research survey.
- "We were very struck at just how polarised investor opinion is, ranging from strong criticism to strongly positive views," analyst Andrew Wood tells the FT.
- Suggestions for Polman range from selling the Flora margarines business to adding more personal care acquisitions.
- Polman's biggest directive has been to increase Unilever's exposure to emerging markets.
- UL +0.6% premarket.
Mon, Jan. 26, 10:46 AM
Tue, Jan. 20, 9:25 AM
- Economic slowdowns in China, India, and Brazil continue to chip away at growth for Unilever (NYSE:UL).
- The company doesn't expect a big turnaround in the key markets for 2015.
- "We’re not going to be too bullish at this time," said CFO Jean-Marc Huet.
- Previously: Unilever reports FY14 earnings
- Previously: Unilever profit rises despite sales miss
- UL -1.3% premarket.
Dec. 4, 2014, 6:40 AM
Sep. 24, 2014, 6:44 AM
Jun. 6, 2014, 10:25 AM
- Unilever (UL -1.8%) trades lower after Credit Suisse issues a report backing its Underperform rating.
- The investment firm has warned on valuation on Unilever for close to a year. The latest take is that emerging markets won't provide the necessary growth to offset sluggish pricing trends in developing markets.
May 19, 2014, 8:35 AM
Mar. 3, 2014, 9:09 AM
Jan. 21, 2014, 5:06 AM
- Unilever's (UL) shares are +4.5% premarket after the consumer-products company reported better-than-expected results.
- 2013 core EPS of €1.58 topped forecasts of €1.53.
- A rise of 4.3% in underlying sales beat consensus of +4.2%.
- Q4 sales -6% to €11.8B, with all business segments and regions declining.
- Underlying sales growth +4.1% vs Street expectations of +3.9%; volume +2.7% vs +2.5%, while prices increased as well.
- Emerging-market sales +8.4% vs +5.9% in Q3, which makes Unilever's statement about continued slowing growth in such regions a bit puzzling, even if the company was only referring to certain segments or unless it's referring to the macro-environment, which it doesn't seem to be. "Growth continued to slow in emerging markets as a result of the impact of economic uncertainty," Unilever said. (PR)
Dec. 6, 2013, 10:03 AM
- Consumer staples stocks are getting some run out of a positive read on consumer sentiment and an improvement in the unemployment rate in the U.S. The group is outpacing broader market averages in early action.
- Advancers: Clorox (CLX) +2.2%, Procter & Gamble (PG) +2.0%, Energizer (ENR) +1.9%, Unilever (UL) +1.3%, Colgate-Palmolive (CL) +1.3%, Kimberly Clark (KMB) +1.1%, Avon Products (AVP) +1.0%.
- Related ETFs: XLP, VDC, FXG, RHS, PSL, PSCC, FSTA
Sep. 30, 2013, 1:29 PM
Sep. 30, 2013, 12:28 PM
- Weakening growth in emerging markets should bring overall underlying sales growth to 3-3.5% in Q3, says Unilever (UL -2.4%). Significant weakening in domestic currencies is the culprit behind the EM slowdown, according to the company. Developed market growth remains flat to down.
- "We continue to grow ahead of our markets and expect underlying sales growth to improve in Q4 ... we are still on course to deliver against our priorities of profitable volume growth ahead of our markets, steady and sustainable core operating margin improvement, and strong cash flow."
Aug. 6, 2013, 10:47 AM
Oct. 25, 2012, 7:56 AM
UL vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR