Ulta Earnings Preview: If Q3 Holds, Upside Ahead
Elazar Advisors, LLC
Elazar Advisors, LLC
Thu, Mar. 10, 5:22 PM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) +12.2% AH after reporting a strong Q4 earnings beat in another period of double-digit earnings and revenue gains.
- ULTA says same-store sales, which include online sales, rose 12.5% in Q4, well above the 9.4% gain analysts expected, with e-commerce sales jumping 44.2% Y/Y.
- The retailer issues upside guidance for Q1, seeing EPS of $1.25-$1.30 vs. $1.22 analyst consensus estimate on revenues of $1.016B-$1.033B vs. $1.01B consensus, and expects Q1 comparable sales to increase 9%-11%.
- For the full year, ULTA predicts 8%-10% sales growth at existing stores, overall sales to rise in the mid-to-high-teens percentage range, and EPS to advance 18%-20%, which translates to ~$5.93 - above the $5.71 analyst consensus.
- ULTA also announced a $200M accelerated share buyback program.
Thu, Mar. 10, 4:28 PM
Wed, Mar. 9, 5:35 PM
Dec. 3, 2015, 4:08 PM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA): Q3 EPS of $1.11 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $910.7M (+22.1% Y/Y) beats by $30.7M.
- Shares +4.6%.
Aug. 28, 2015, 8:39 AM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) reports comparable-store sales increased 10.1% in Q2.
- Transactions were 7.0% higher during the quarter, while the average ticket was up 3.1%.
- E-commerce sales shot up 43.4% to $36.1M.
- Higher costs tied to supply chain initiatives contributed to a drop in the company's gross margin rate. The operating income rate was +20 bps to 13.5%.
- Guidance: Ulta Salon sees comparable sales growth of 8% to 10% for the full fiscal year and total sales growth in the mid to high teens percentage rate.
- Previously: Ulta Salon beats by $0.03, beats on revenue (Aug. 27 2015)
- ULTA +0.9% premarket to $161.70.
Aug. 27, 2015, 4:16 PM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA): Q2 EPS of $1.15 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $877M (+19.4% Y/Y) beats by $7.24M.
- Shares +4.3%.
Aug. 26, 2015, 5:35 PM
May 28, 2015, 5:09 PM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) recorded another strong quarter of growth backed by a 50% rise in e-commerce sales.
- Comparable-store sales were up 11.4%.
- Salon sales +20.5% to $51.3M.
- Gross profit rate +40 bps to 34.5%.
- SG&A expense rate -60 bps to 22.2%.
- Previously: Ulta Salon beats by $0.11, beats on revenue
- ULTA +1.50% after hours to $158.60.
May 28, 2015, 4:12 PM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA): FQ1 EPS of $1.04 beats by $0.11.
- Revenue of $868.1M (+21.6% Y/Y) beats by $21.78M.
- Shares +1.9%.
May 27, 2015, 5:35 PM
Mar. 12, 2015, 4:34 PM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA): Q4 EPS of $1.33 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $1.05B (+21.0% Y/Y) beats by $30M.
- Shares +6.5%.
Mar. 11, 2015, 5:35 PM
Dec. 4, 2014, 4:15 PM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA): FQ3 EPS of $0.91 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $745.72M (+20.5% Y/Y) beats by $11.69M.
- Shares +2.99% AH.
Dec. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 11, 2014, 4:16 PM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) reports comparable-store sales rose 9.6% in Q2.
- E-commerce comp sales +54.9%.
- Average ticket price +3.8%.
- Transaction volume growth +5.8%.
- Gross profit rate flat at 35.3%.
- Guidance: Comp sales growth of 7%-8% is expected for FY14. Total sales are expected to rise 20%.
- ULTA +8.8% AH.
Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc. operates as a beauty retailer in U.S. The company, through its stores, offers beauty products across the categories of cosmetics, fragrance, hair-care, skincare, bath and body products and salon styling tools, as well as salon hair care products. It also... More
Industry: Personal Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR