What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Thu, Jan. 7, 10:52 AM
- A mix of positive holiday sales report peppered throughout the retail sector has brought chain store stocks back into focus.
- Add sub-$2 gas prices along with a low level of jobless claims to the mix and investors are warming back up to to beat-up sector.
- Most of the gainers against a down market day have a heavy concentration of sales in the U.S.
- The Container Store (TCS +3.8%), Ulta Salon (ULTA +1.4%), Vitamin Shoppe (VSI -0.3%), Chico's FAS (CHS +2.9%), Dillard's (DDS +2.7%), Williams-Sonoma (WSM +1.7%), Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS +1.2%), Burlington Stores (BURL +4%).
- Previously: Retail chain stocks rally as $2 gas in U.S. outweighs turmoil in China (Jan. 07 2016)
Dec. 4, 2015, 12:44 PM
Dec. 4, 2015, 9:16 AM
Dec. 3, 2015, 4:12 PM
- Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ:ULTA) smashed earnings estimates with its Q3 report.
- Comparable-store sales rose 12.8% during the quarter, with transactions up 10.6% and average ticket 2.2% higher.
- E-commerce sales exploded, up 56% to $46.2M.
- Supply chain initiatives cut into Ulta's gross margin rate.
- Guidance: The company expects Q4 revenue of $1.212B to $1.233B vs. $1.22B consensus.
- Previously: Ulta Salon beats by $0.06, beats on revenue (Dec. 3)
- ULTA +4.2% after hours to $170.01.
Dec. 3, 2015, 4:08 PM
Aug. 28, 2015, 8:39 AM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) reports comparable-store sales increased 10.1% in Q2.
- Transactions were 7.0% higher during the quarter, while the average ticket was up 3.1%.
- E-commerce sales shot up 43.4% to $36.1M.
- Higher costs tied to supply chain initiatives contributed to a drop in the company's gross margin rate. The operating income rate was +20 bps to 13.5%.
- Guidance: Ulta Salon sees comparable sales growth of 8% to 10% for the full fiscal year and total sales growth in the mid to high teens percentage rate.
- Previously: Ulta Salon beats by $0.03, beats on revenue (Aug. 27 2015)
- ULTA +0.9% premarket to $161.70.
Aug. 27, 2015, 5:39 PM
Aug. 27, 2015, 4:16 PM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA): Q2 EPS of $1.15 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $877M (+19.4% Y/Y) beats by $7.24M.
- Shares +4.3%.
May 28, 2015, 5:09 PM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) recorded another strong quarter of growth backed by a 50% rise in e-commerce sales.
- Comparable-store sales were up 11.4%.
- Salon sales +20.5% to $51.3M.
- Gross profit rate +40 bps to 34.5%.
- SG&A expense rate -60 bps to 22.2%.
- Previously: Ulta Salon beats by $0.11, beats on revenue
- ULTA +1.50% after hours to $158.60.
May 28, 2015, 4:12 PM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA): FQ1 EPS of $1.04 beats by $0.11.
- Revenue of $868.1M (+21.6% Y/Y) beats by $21.78M.
- Shares +1.9%.
Mar. 13, 2015, 9:14 AM
Mar. 13, 2015, 8:17 AM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) jets higher after another solid earnings report.
- Comparable-store sales were up 11%.
- E-commerce sales soared 55% Y/Y during the quarter.
- Gross profit rate -40 bps to 33.4% due to the higher e-commerce mix.
- Previously: Confidence in Ulta Salon in front of earnings
- Previously: Ulta Salon beats by $0.06, beats on revenue
- ULTA +8.6% premarket to $157.30.
Mar. 12, 2015, 5:37 PM
Mar. 12, 2015, 4:34 PM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA): Q4 EPS of $1.33 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $1.05B (+21.0% Y/Y) beats by $30M.
- Shares +6.5%.
Mar. 11, 2015, 9:44 AM
- Ulta Salon (ULTA +0.9%) is initiated by Cleveland Research with a Buy rating and assigned a $165 price target.
- Shares of the beauty retailer have been on a 55% 1-year tear as the trend of replenishing supplies online has taken hold.
- The company is scheduled to release earnings tomorrow after the market closes.
- Previously: Online replenishing trend takes off in beauty and personal care sector (Dec. 17 2014)
Feb. 5, 2015, 10:36 AM
- The beauty sector is having a solid day after Coty and Estee Lauder both top profit estimates.
- Solid holiday sales helped take some of the sting off of a tough foreign currency translation environment.
- The color cosmetics category out-performed during the period.
- Gainers: Coty (NYSE:COTY) +8.3%, Elizabeth Arden (NASDAQ:RDEN) +3.5%, Inter Parfums (NASDAQ:IPAR) +1.0%, Estee Lauder (NYSE:EL) +6.7%, Revlon (NYSE:REV) +1.2%, Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) +1.0%.
Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrances Inc is a beauty retailer that provides one-stop shopping for mass and salon products and salon services in United States. Its brands include Bare Minerals and Urban Decay prestige cosmetics.
Other News & PR