Sep. 12, 2014, 9:30 AM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) catches a wave of price target increases after smashing earnings estimates, led by strong e-commerce sales.
- PT boosts: Citi to $130; Baird to $125; Jefferies to $110; Sterne Agee to $125.
- The firm stands a chance of being disruptive as consumers warm up to buying more beauty product online, say analysts.
- Previous: earnings, details, CFO disclosure
- ULTA +17.1% premarket to $114.25.
Sep. 12, 2014, 9:15 AM
- Shares of Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) are ripping in early action, but there could be a devil in the details.
- "About half of our earnings outperformance in the quarter was due to the impact that SG&A expenses moved later in the year," disclosed CFO Scott Settersten during the firm's earnings call (transcript).
- ULTA +17.7% premarket
Sep. 12, 2014, 9:12 AM
Sep. 11, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 11, 2014, 4:16 PM
- Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA) reports comparable-store sales rose 9.6% in Q2.
- E-commerce comp sales +54.9%.
- Average ticket price +3.8%.
- Transaction volume growth +5.8%.
- Gross profit rate flat at 35.3%.
- Guidance: Comp sales growth of 7%-8% is expected for FY14. Total sales are expected to rise 20%.
- ULTA +8.8% AH.
Sep. 11, 2014, 4:07 PM
Jun. 11, 2014, 12:47 PM
Jun. 11, 2014, 9:13 AM
Jun. 10, 2014, 5:55 PM
Jun. 10, 2014, 5:33 PM
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) expects FQ2 revenue of $706M-$717M and EPS of $0.78-$0.82 vs. a consensus of $704M and $0.82. Comparable store sales are expected to rise 5%-7% Y/Y.
- FY14 (ends Jan. '15) guidance for 4%-6% comp growth, mid-teens EPS growth, and $100M+ in free cash flow is being reiterated.
- Comparable store sales rose 8.7% in FQ1 (down slightly from FQ4's 9.2%), aided by a 72.3% increase in e-commerce comps.
- 21 stores were opened during the quarter, raising total store count to 696. 100 net new openings are expected in FY14.
- Gross margin was 34.5%, +70 bps Q/Q and -50 bps Y/Y. SG&A spend was 22.8% of revenue, same as a year ago.
- Expectations were depressed going into earnings.
- FQ1 results, PR
Jun. 10, 2014, 4:10 PM
May 13, 2014, 1:27 PM
- An alarming drop in sales by Elizabeth Arden (RDEN -21.1%) has rocked the fragrance and cosmetics sectors.
- The read weak U.S. demand from the company and a heavily promotional atmosphere overseas has put some more tension in the air.
- Decliners: Avon Products (AVP) -1.1%, Ulta Salon (ULTA) -1.5%, Nu Skin (NUS) -1.2%, Inter Parfums (IPAR) -1.3%, Revlon (REV) -1.1%, Coty (COTY) -2.7%.
Mar. 20, 2014, 10:25 AM
- Shares of Ulta Salon (ULTA +4.3%) are moving higher after Goldman Sachs comes in with an upgrade to a Buy rating.
- The investment firm sees growth opportunities for the retailer and thinks increased buyback activity is on the table.
- The PT on Ultra Salon is lifted to $118 by Goldman.
Mar. 14, 2014, 9:20 AM
Mar. 13, 2014, 5:42 PM
Dec. 6, 2013, 12:48 PM
Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrances Inc is a beauty retailer that provides one-stop shopping for mass and salon products and salon services in United States. Its brands include Bare Minerals and Urban Decay prestige cosmetics.
Other News & PR