The Ultimate Software Or The Ultimate Short
Ultimate's Mid-Market Push Isn't Enough To Satisfy Investors
The Ultimate Software Or The Ultimate Short
Yesterday, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, AIZ, AKAM, AKR, ALDR, AMP, APC, ARI, ASH, AXS, BCR, BJRI, BLDP, BVN, BWLD, BXMT, BXP, CAVM, CB, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CNO, CSV, CTXS, CUZ, CVA, DDR, DMRC, DOX, EQR, ETH, EW, FSP, FTK, GHL, GLF, GMED, HUBG, HURN, ILMN, IRBT, JBT, JNPR, KN, LLTC, LNDC, MDR, MTCH, MTSI, NANO, NCR, NUVA, OIS, PEI, PNRA, PSB, QTS, RGC, RHI, RNR, RRC, RSYS, SGEN, SKT, TGB, TRMK, TRU, TSS, TWTR, UDR, UHS, UIS, ULTI, UMBF, USNA, VR, WES, WGP, WNC, X, ZION, ZIXI
Tue, Apr. 26, 4:02 PM
Mon, Apr. 25, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, AFL, AIZ, AKAM, ARAY, ARI, ASH, AXS, BEAT, BLDP, BRX, BWLD, BXMT, BXP, BYD, CHRW, CINF, CLMS, CMG, COF, CREE, CRUS, CUDA, CVA, EBAY, EEFT, EQR, EW, EXAC, FE, FOE, FSP, FTI, FTNT, HAWK, HIW, HLS, HUBG, IRBT, ISIL, JBSS, JBT, KLAC, MKTO, MRCY, MTSI, MWA, NANO, NCR, NUVA, O, PEI, PNRA, PSA, PSB, RHI, RMD, RNR, SKT, SLCA, T, TEX, TMK, TSS, TWTR, TX, ULTI, VNTV, WNC, WRB, X, ZIXI
Tue, Feb. 2, 4:01 PM
- Ultimate Software Group (NASDAQ:ULTI): Q4 EPS of $0.83 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $170.65M (+26.0% Y/Y) beats by $1.56M.
Mon, Feb. 1, 5:35 PM
Oct. 28, 2015, 2:33 PM
- Though Ultimate Software (NASDAQ:ULTI) slightly missed Q3 revenue estimates (while beating on EPS), it's guiding for 22% 2015 revenue growth, nearly even with a 21.9% consensus. Recurring revenue (e.g. cloud subscriptions) is expected to rise 23%.
- The cloud HR/HCM software vendor has also set preliminary 2016 revenue growth guidance of 23%, above a 21.6% consensus. Recurring revenue is expected to rise 25%, and op. margin grow to 21% from an expected 2014 level of 20%.
- Recurring revenue rose 23% Y/Y in Q3 to $131.8M; services revenue rose 18% to $23.6M. GAAP operating expenses rose 36% Y/Y to $83.8M. $31.1M was spent to buy back 187K shares.
- Shares have made new highs, and are up 40% YTD.
- Q3 results, PR
Oct. 27, 2015, 4:05 PM
- Ultimate Software Group (NASDAQ:ULTI): Q3 EPS of $0.69 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $155.32M (+21.9% Y/Y) misses by $0.83M.
- Shares +0.75%.
Oct. 26, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, ABAX, AFL, AIZ, AJG, AKAM, APC, ATRC, AXS, BGFV, BGS, BLDP, BOOM, BXMT, CBG, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CLD, CLMS, CMP, CNI, CUZ, CVA, DDR, EIX, ESRX, ETH, EXAC, FEIC, FISV, FNF, GILD, GNMK, HIW, HLIT, HTS, INFN, IPCM, IPHI, KKR, MAC, MDWD, MRCY, NATI, NBR, NCR, NUVA, NVMI, OI, OMI, PEGA, PEI, PNRA, RGC, RPXC, RSYS, RUBI, SFLY, SKT, SKYW, SLCA, SM, STAG, SYA, TER, TSS, TWTR, UHS, ULTI, VCRA, VDSI, VRSK, WNC, WSH, XCO, ZLTQ
Jul. 28, 2015, 4:01 PM
- Ultimate Software Group (NASDAQ:ULTI): Q2 EPS of $0.62 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $147.23M (+20.7% Y/Y) beats by $1.11M.
Apr. 29, 2015, 3:30 PM
- Tech companies rallying after posting earnings include telecom analog/mixed-signal chipmaker InPhi (IPHI +11.5%) and process-optimization/supply-chain software vendor Aspen Technology (AZPN +6.3%). Those down strongly include telecom equipment vendor Calix (CALX -8.1%), pay-TV infrastructure hardware provider Harmonic (HLIT -6.4%), and cloud HR software vendor Ultimate Software (ULTI -5.6%).
- InPhi beat Q1 estimates and offered in-line Q2 guidance: Revenue of $59.6M-$60.8M and EPS of $0.22-$0.24 vs. a consensus of $60.6M and $0.23. With shares having sold off going into earnings thanks to soft guidance from peers, the outlook is better than feared.
- Aspen beat FQ3 estimates and issued strong FY15 (ends June '15) guidance on its CC (transcript): Revenue of $437M-$439M and EPS of $1.41-$1.43, above a consensus of $436.9M and $1.33.
- Calix missed Q1 estimates and offered light guidance on its CC (transcript): Revenue of $94M-$98M and EPS of -$0.06 to -$0.02, below a consensus of $104.4M and $0.05. The company blames delays in the rollout of carrier capex budgets.
- Harmonic beat Q1 estimates, but also guided for Q2 revenue of $97M-$107M, below a $108.4M consensus. The company blames macro issues in several regions, a strong dollar, customer M&A activity, and the deferred revenue components of new projects.
- Ultimate posted roughly in-line Q1 results and guided for Q2 revenue of $146M, below a $148.4M consensus. Full-year revenue growth guidance of 22% is in-line. Many peers are rallying following a report stating Salesforce has received buyout interest.
- Previously covered: Twitter, GoPro, LogMeIn, Xoom, GrubHub, MicroStrategy, Smith Micro, AppliedMicro, OpenText
Apr. 28, 2015, 4:05 PM
- Ultimate Software Group (NASDAQ:ULTI): Q1 EPS of $0.52 in-line.
- Revenue of $144.88M (+19.7% Y/Y) misses by $0.18M.
Feb. 3, 2015, 4:05 PM
- Ultimate Software Group (NASDAQ:ULTI): Q4 EPS of $0.68 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $135.43M (+21.0% Y/Y) in-line.
- Shares -0.72%.
Feb. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
Oct. 28, 2014, 4:13 PM
- Ultimate Software Group (NASDAQ:ULTI): Q3 EPS of $0.50 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $127.43M (+23.6% Y/Y) beats by $0.32M.
Aug. 29, 2014, 1:00 PM
- Low expectations and a high short interest (11.9M shares as of Aug. 15) are proving a good mix for Veeva (VEEV +18.1%) following its FQ2 beat and guidance hike. Several firms have raised their targets.
- Workday (WDAY +5.5%), which sold off yesterday (and took peers down with it) following its FQ2 report, is following Veeva higher. As are Veeva partner Salesforce (CRM +2.1%) and several other cloud software names. NOW +2.9%. CTCT +3.4%. JIVE +2.5%. CSOD +2%. ULTI +1.9%. MKTO +1.9%.
- "We like [Veeva's] momentum with new products, the pace of customer deployments, and view the second-half guidance as likely conservative," says Deutsche (Buy).
- Pac Crest (Outperform) likes the fact Veeva's billings and subscription revenue each rose over 60% Y/Y, and that its large deal activity also grew. It sees a $5B addressable market for life sciences CRM/content management software.
The Ultimate Software Group, Inc. develops and provides Web-based payroll and workforce management software solutions. The company's UltiPro software, which is designed to deliver the functionality businesses need to manage the complete employment life cycle from recruitment to retirement. This... More
Industry: Internet Software & Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR