United Natural Foods, Inc.NASDAQ
The Bloodbath In United Natural Foods Won't Reverse Anytime Soon
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
United Natural Foods: Organic Growth Makes It A Healthy Choice
Timberwolf Equity Research
Timberwolf Equity Research
Mon, Sep. 12, 4:08 PM
Sun, Sep. 11, 5:35 PM| Sun, Sep. 11, 5:35 PM | 3 Comments
Tue, Aug. 16, 8:23 AM
- Piper Jaffray cuts estimates on United Natural Foods (NASDAQ:UNFI) due to the potential for food price deflation to cut into margins.
- The protein/perishables categories are of a particular concern to analyst Sean Naughton.
- PJ rates United Natural Foods at Neutral with a reduced price target of $40.
- UNFI -1.12% premarket to $49.50.
Thu, Aug. 11, 11:42 AM
- United Natural Foods (UNFI +1.3%) announced it acquired Gourmet Guru in an all-cash transaction. Specific terms of the deal weren't disclosed.
- Gourmet Guru is a distributor and merchandiser of fresh and organic food focusing on new and emerging brands.
- The company says the acquisition enhances UNFI’s strength in finding and cultivating emerging fresh and organic brands and further expands UNFI’s presence in key urban markets.
- Gourmet Guru reported revenue of $50M for the twelve months ended June 30.
- The transaction is expected to be neutral to UNFI’s FY17 earnings and modestly accretive to UNFI’s earnings in FY18.
- Source: Press Release
Tue, Jun. 7, 9:13 AM
Mon, Jun. 6, 5:35 PM
Mon, Jun. 6, 4:07 PM
- United Natural Foods (NASDAQ:UNFI): FQ3 EPS of $0.76 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $2.13B (+0.9% Y/Y) misses by $30M.
Sun, Jun. 5, 5:35 PM
Fri, May 27, 12:52 PM
- Wedbush warns that the new 365 format from Whole Foods Market (WFM -1.5%) is a long-term threat to Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM -0.7%). The slow roll-out of 365 gives Sprouts plenty of time to adjust.
- The view is different for United Natural Foods (UNFI +0.7%) which is seen as only having a minor impact with Whole Foods still stocking branded products.
- As for Whole Foods itself, Wedbush says 365 is likely to only "partially cannibalize" existing locations will attract additional "everyday" consumers. The investment firm thinks the strategic reset is likely to succeed over the long term, but sticks with a Neutral rating and $29 price target on WFM for the short term.
- Previously: Whole Foods Market opens its first 365 store today (May 25)
Tue, May 10, 1:46 PM
- BMO Capital Markets thinks United Natural Foods (UNFI +1.7%) could benefit from a major deal with Wal-Mart or Target as the retail heavyweights look to increase their natural/organic food presence.
- Another major customer for United Natural is seen as key with the company's relationship with Whole Foods Market already closely dissected (UNFI earnings call transcript).
- Shares of UNFI are down 10% YTD.
Mon, Apr. 11, 10:24 AM
- United Natural Foods (UNFI -5.9%) falls after Morgan Stanley downgrades the food stock to Underweight from Equal Weight.
- The investment firm takes its price target down to $34.
- "UNFI faces top line headwinds across its business that we believe are unlikely to abate," writes analyst Vincent Sinisi.
- Seeking Alpha contributor Alpha Gen Capital was about two months ahead of MS with a warning on UNFI that makes some of the same points.
Mon, Mar. 7, 4:10 PM
- United Natural Foods (NASDAQ:UNFI): FQ2 EPS of $0.49 in-line.
- Revenue of $2.05B (+1.5% Y/Y) in-line.
- Shares -0.5%.
Sun, Mar. 6, 5:35 PM
Mon, Feb. 29, 12:55 PM
Mon, Feb. 29, 9:49 AM
- Shares of Whole Foods Market (WFM +0.8%) are holding up in early trading, despite the soft outlook issued earlier from key supplier United Natural Foods (UNFI -18.3%).
- The weak read from United Natural Foods appears to be largely on the profit line, not necessarily volume (FQ2 sales of $2.05B expected vs. $2.07B consensus).
- United Natural Foods has a distribution agreement with Whole Foods that runs through 2025.
- Previously: United Natural Foods reports Preliminary FQ2 results (Feb. 29 2016)
Mon, Feb. 29, 7:41 AM
- United Natural Foods (NASDAQ:UNFI) agrees to acquire Haddon House Food Products for $217.5M. The company plans to operate Haddon as a wholly-owned subsidiary.
- The deal is expected to be accretive to earnings for United Natural Foods in FY17.
- Haddon distributes natural and organic products in the eastern part of the U.S.
- UNFI -13.4% premarket to $34.00 after reporting preliminary FQ2 earnings earlier.