United Online: A Balance Sheet In Search Of A Product
Gains on Gains
Gains on Gains
United Online Earnings, New Products & The Year Ahead
United Online Faces Uphill Battle Against Competition
Tue, May 10, 4:45 PM
Wed, May 4, 5:09 PM
- Six months after United Online (NASDAQ:UNTD) rejected a $12.50/share buyout offer from investment firm B. Riley (NASDAQ:RILY), the ISP/web services provider has agreed to an $11/share ($170M) all-cash deal. The price represents a modest $0.25 premium to United's Wednesday close.
- "The Board believes this competitive sales process resulted in the best available value to stockholders," insists interim CEO Jeff Goldstein. The deal is expected to close by the end of calendar Q3.
Wed, Feb. 17, 4:03 PM
Tue, Feb. 16, 5:35 PM| Tue, Feb. 16, 5:35 PM
Nov. 18, 2015, 11:11 AM
- Investment firm B. Riley (RILY - unchanged) is offering to acquire United Online (UNTD -1.2%) for a price 7.7% above Tuesday's close, and 21.1% above last Friday's close. B. Riley currently owns 7.9% of United's shares.
- On Monday, United disclosed a buyout offer from B. Riley (no price was given), and said it plans to review it. The company, which owns Classmates.com, the MyPoints online rewards program, low-cost ISPs NetZero and Juno, and other Internet assets, currently trades at $11.49.
Nov. 16, 2015, 12:45 PM
Nov. 3, 2015, 4:23 PM
- United Online (NASDAQ:UNTD): Q3 EPS of $0.06 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.15.
- Revenue of $36.29M (-9.3% Y/Y) misses by $0.24M.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, AFG, AIV, AMSG, ASH, ATVI, AWR, BIO, BKH, CBPO, CBS, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CIM, CKP, CSU, CSV, CVC, DAC, DENN, DHT, DK, DKL, DVA, DVN, ECYT, ENPH, ENSG, EPIQ, ETSY, EVRI, FANG, FARO, FIVN, FLTX, FMI, FOGO, GHDX, GMED, GRPN, HCI, HL, HLF, HRZN, IAG, IPHS, IRWD, ITRI, IVR, JCOM, KEG, LLNW, MPO, MTZ, MXL, MYGN, NFX, NYMT, OAS, OCLR, OESX, OFIX, OKE, OKS, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, QUAD, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RP, RPAI, RXN, SLW, SSNI, SUPN, TDW, TMH, TSLA, TSRA, TX, UNTD, USNA, VNDA, WBMD, WR, WTR, X, XEC, XOXO, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZNGA
Aug. 4, 2015, 4:13 PM
- United Online (NASDAQ:UNTD): Q2 EPS of $0.15 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.20.
- Revenue of $50.06M (-8.3% Y/Y) misses by $0.36M.
May 5, 2015, 4:43 PM
- United Online (NASDAQ:UNTD): Q1 EPS of -$0.06 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.10.
- Revenue of $49.91M (-9.9% Y/Y) beats by $0.65M.
Mar. 23, 2015, 3:15 PM
- Today's notable tech gainers include OLED materials/IP provider Universal Display (OLED +5.7%), salvage auction site Liquidity Services (LQDT +6.2%), auto site TrueCar (TRUE +8.5%), touchscreen tech developer Neonode (NEON +10.4%), hard drive assembly supplier Hutchison (HTCH +7.1%), Web site owner/ISP United Online (UNTD +5.5%), software outsourcing firm Luxoft (LXFT +5.6%), optical component vendor NeoPhotonics (NPTN +8.3%), and U.S. solar installer Solar3D (SLTD +15.2%).
- Many Chinese names are also rallying today. Standouts include online real estate plays SouFun (SFUN +6.9%), E-House (EJ +4%), and Leju (LEJU +8.1%), online beauty product retailer Jumei (JMEI +5.9%), online classifieds platform 58.com (WUBA +5%), and app developers/publishers Sungy Mobile (GOMO +4.7%), Cheetah Mobile (CMCM +7.6%), and China Mobile Games (CMGE +5.9%).
- The list of major decliners is smaller: It includes cloud healthcare software firm Castlight (CSLT -4.8%), microcontroller maker Atmel (ATML -3.1%), supply chain software vendor Manhattan Associates (MANH -4.3%), Chinese solar cell/module maker ReneSola (SOL -5.9%), and RF filter tech developer Resonant (RESN -8.6%).
- Universal Display is rallying to new 52-week highs yet again amid Galaxy S6 enthusiasm. Solar3D is now up 42% over the last 3 trading days. Heavily-shorted Cheetah Mobile is reversing Friday's post-earnings losses. Castlight is adding to the losses seen on Friday following a neutral Wells Fargo launch.
- Previously covered: Digital Ally, Sonus, xG Technology, IPG Photonics, CyberArk, Immersion, Nvidia, EZchip
Feb. 18, 2015, 4:10 PM
- United Online (NASDAQ:UNTD): Q4 EPS of $0.46 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.32.
- Revenue of $54.41M (-13.1% Y/Y) in-line.
Feb. 4, 2015, 9:08 AM
- United Online (NASDAQ:UNTD) will report Q4 results on Feb. 18 after the market closes.
- The conference call is scheduled to begin at 5.00 p.m. ET / 2.00 p.m. PT.
- Consensus view is EPS of $0.32 on revenues of $54.38M.
Nov. 4, 2014, 5:13 PM
- United Online (NASDAQ:UNTD): Q3 EPS of $0.01 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.26.
- Revenue of $52.86M (-6.0% Y/Y) misses by $0.14M.
Aug. 12, 2014, 2:29 PM
- United Online (UNTD +16.7%) had Q2 adjusted OIBDA of $10.2M, roughly flat Y/Y and above guidance of $6.5M-$8.5M. The company has hiked its full-year adjusted OIBDA guidance to $31M-$35M from $29M-$34M.
- Mobile broadband and ad growth fueled a 5% Y/Y increase in communications revenue to $26.2M, which in turn helped total revenue beat estimates. Internet subs fell by 15K Q/Q to 328K, and all other paid accounts by 5K to 197K. ARPU rose $0.30 to $10.72.
- Content/media revenue fell 13% Y/Y to $28.6M. Paid accounts fell by 55K Q/Q to 2.52M; churn fell 20 bps to 3%; and ARPU was steady at $2.49. Segment active accounts dropped by 1M to 9.8M.
- United expects Q3 revenue of $51M-$54M, in-line with a $52.9M consensus. Adjusted OIBDA is expected to be in a range of $8.5M-$10M.
- Q2 results, PR
Aug. 12, 2014, 12:45 PM
United Online, Inc. provides consumer services and products over the Internet under a number of brands, including Classmates, StayFriends, Trombi, MyPoints, NetZero, and Juno. The company operates through two business segments: Content & Media and Communications. The Content & Media segment... More
Industry: Specialty Retail, Other
Country: United States
Other News & PR