Gains on Gains
Wed, May 4, 5:09 PM
- Six months after United Online (NASDAQ:UNTD) rejected a $12.50/share buyout offer from investment firm B. Riley (NASDAQ:RILY), the ISP/web services provider has agreed to an $11/share ($170M) all-cash deal. The price represents a modest $0.25 premium to United's Wednesday close.
- "The Board believes this competitive sales process resulted in the best available value to stockholders," insists interim CEO Jeff Goldstein. The deal is expected to close by the end of calendar Q3.
Nov. 18, 2015, 11:11 AM
- Investment firm B. Riley (RILY - unchanged) is offering to acquire United Online (UNTD -1.2%) for a price 7.7% above Tuesday's close, and 21.1% above last Friday's close. B. Riley currently owns 7.9% of United's shares.
- On Monday, United disclosed a buyout offer from B. Riley (no price was given), and said it plans to review it. The company, which owns Classmates.com, the MyPoints online rewards program, low-cost ISPs NetZero and Juno, and other Internet assets, currently trades at $11.49.
Nov. 16, 2015, 12:45 PM
Aug. 12, 2014, 2:29 PM
- United Online (UNTD +16.7%) had Q2 adjusted OIBDA of $10.2M, roughly flat Y/Y and above guidance of $6.5M-$8.5M. The company has hiked its full-year adjusted OIBDA guidance to $31M-$35M from $29M-$34M.
- Mobile broadband and ad growth fueled a 5% Y/Y increase in communications revenue to $26.2M, which in turn helped total revenue beat estimates. Internet subs fell by 15K Q/Q to 328K, and all other paid accounts by 5K to 197K. ARPU rose $0.30 to $10.72.
- Content/media revenue fell 13% Y/Y to $28.6M. Paid accounts fell by 55K Q/Q to 2.52M; churn fell 20 bps to 3%; and ARPU was steady at $2.49. Segment active accounts dropped by 1M to 9.8M.
- United expects Q3 revenue of $51M-$54M, in-line with a $52.9M consensus. Adjusted OIBDA is expected to be in a range of $8.5M-$10M.
- Q2 results, PR
Aug. 12, 2014, 12:45 PM
Feb. 20, 2014, 12:47 PM
Feb. 20, 2014, 11:19 AM
- Though United Online's (UNTD +21.9%) Q4 EPS missed estimates, its adjusted OIBDA ($12.6M) was at the high end of a guidance range of $10M-$13M, and up 22% Y/Y.
- A 1% Y/Y increase in communications revenue (the first time the division has seen quarterly rev. growth in 8 years) helped revenue beat estimates. Though the division's pay accounts fell 15% Y/Y to 553K thanks to the ongoing decline of United's traditional NetZero/Juno ISP business, NetZero Mobile Broadband subs rose 53% to 49K. Division ARPU rose to $9.62 from $9.41 in Q3 and $9.05 a year ago.
- The Content & Media division, which includes Classmates.com (losing ground to Facebook) and the MyPoints loyalty rewards business, saw a 9% revenue drop. Segment pay accounts fell 8% to 2.63M.
- United expects Q1 revenue of $52.5M-$55M, in-line with a $54M consensus, and adjusted OIBDA of $2M-$3.5M. Full-year adjusted OIBDA is expected to be in a range of $28M-$34M.
- Q4 results, PR, CC transcript
Feb. 3, 2014, 9:09 AM
Jan. 31, 2014, 5:37 PM
Apr. 30, 2013, 5:56 PM
Aug. 2, 2012, 9:10 AMPremarket gainers: UNTD +16%. FSLR +16%. CAVM +11%. GMCR +10%. GILD +8%. GPS +7%. VHC +7%. PWR +7%. YGE +7%.
Losers: KCG -57%. HALO -56%. MTG -40%. ARO -28%. SLTM -15%. LPSN -15%. ANF -15%. INCY -13%. VE -11%. BBVA -10%. SEE -10%. MWW -8%. RDN -7%. SAN -7%. NAV -7%. BWP -5%. BMY -5%. MTL -5%. | Aug. 2, 2012, 9:10 AM | 1 Comment
Aug. 1, 2012, 4:53 PM
United Online (UNTD) +7.1% AH after announcing it will spin off its FTD online flower delivery unit into a separate, publicly-traded company. United has also posted its Q2 results: EPS of $0.18 beat by $0.05, and revenue of $231.9M (-9% Y/Y) was roughly in-line. Q3 revenue guidance is also in-line. FTD accounted for 72% of United's Q2 sales - the division's revenue fell 5% Y/Y.| Aug. 1, 2012, 4:53 PM | 1 Comment
May 3, 2012, 11:21 AM
United Online (UNTD -14.1%) sinks after its Q1 report beats profit estimates on in-line revenue. A cautionary note from Benchmark in which analysts clip their price target to $6.50 from $7 on the stock could be weighing a bit on investors. After the drop in price, shares now yield 9.7% on a newly-reiterated dividend payout.| May 3, 2012, 11:21 AM
May 2, 2012, 5:55 PMUnited Online (UNTD): Q1 EPS of $0.21 beats by $0.04. Revenue of $242M (+flat% Y/Y) beats by $2M. Shares -7.8% AH. (PR) | May 2, 2012, 5:55 PM
Mar. 19, 2012, 11:00 AM
United Online (UNTD +2.7%) catches a bid after its NetZero unit introduces a cheap 4G broadband service in partnership with Clearwire (CLWR). The service, which will be available in over 80 U.S. cities, includes a free plan that provides 200MB of monthly data, a $10/month basic plan featuring 500MB of data, and a $35/month Pro plan featuring 2GB of data.| Mar. 19, 2012, 11:00 AM
Mar. 12, 2012, 12:44 PM