What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Nov. 3, 2015, 9:51 AM
- UniPixel (NASDAQ:UNXL) has sold off after reporting Q3 revenue of $1.5M, largely from the sale of XTouch sensors to an unnamed tier-1 PC OEM. Cost of revenue was $4.7M, leading the company to post a gross loss of $3.2M.
- GAAP SG&A spend fell by $1.2M Y/Y to $1.7M; R&D spend fell by $1.1M to $1.5M. UniPixel ended Q3 with $8.2M in cash ($6M restricted), down from $14.2M at the end of Q2 ($6M restricted). Convertible debt totaled $1.65M, and long-term debt $461K.
- UniPixel's market cap stands at $17M.
- Q3 results, PR, earnings call transcript
Nov. 2, 2015, 4:05 PM
- Uni-Pixel (NASDAQ:UNXL): Q3 EPS of -$0.60 misses by $0.22.
- Revenue of $1.5M misses by $1.43M.
Nov. 1, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ADUS, AEIS, AHL, AIG, ALDW, ALJ, ALL, AMC, AMCC, ANH, ARE, AVD, CAR, CBT, CDE, CGNX, CHGG, CUTR, CYH, DNB, DWRE, ELNK, ENH, ENS, ES, FN, GGP, GPRE, ININ, INN, KONA, LMNX, MCEP, MDAS, MDU, MIC, NLS, NPTN, NSTG, OHI, OLN, ONDK, OTTR, PLOW, PPS, PQ, PXD, QLYS, RAIL, RNG, RSPP, RTEC, RYN, SANM, SGY, SNHY, SSNC, SSW, TDOC, THC, TNET, TXRH, UIL, UNXL, VGR, VIAV, VNO, WSTC
Oct. 12, 2015, 12:45 PM
Aug. 4, 2015, 5:44 PM
- Uni-Pixel (NASDAQ:UNXL): Q2 EPS of -$0.52 misses by $0.19.
- Revenue of $1.36M misses by $0.82M.
May 11, 2015, 7:03 PM
- UniPixel (NASDAQ:UNXL): "While we are in the early stages of integration of the [Atmel] XSense operations, at this point we anticipate XSense revenues of at least $10 million for the year. We expect operating expenses to total less than $4 million per quarter by the fourth quarter and to exit the year with gross margins greater than 20%. We anticipate further gross margin improvements in the first half of 2016, leading to profitability for the full year."
- The company also states in its Q1 report it's currently shipping a finished XSense touch sensor product to an unnamed U.S. tier 1 PC OEM (presumably HP or Dell) for 3 devices ranging in size from 8" to 11.6." Five designs are said to be "through initial qualification stage" with the existing customer and other tier 1 PC OEMs based in the U.S. and Asia. One design with a U.S. PC OEM is said to be in the "final qualification stage."
- To cut XSense production costs, UniPixel is bringing catalytic coated film production for the touch sensors in-house. It expects to be finished within 6 months.
- GAAP operating expenses fell 8% Y/Y in Q1 to $5.7M - SG&A spend totaled $3M, and R&D $2.7M. Ahead of the XSense deal, UniPixel ended Q1 with $20.7M in cash, down $3M Q/Q.
- Shares are unchanged AH for now.
- Q1 results, PR, 10-Q filing
May 11, 2015, 4:13 PM
- Uni-Pixel (NASDAQ:UNXL): Q1 EPS of -$0.46 misses by $0.02.
May 10, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AMBC, APEI, ARCW, ARNA, ASEI, ATHX, BDE, CALL, CHMI, CLNE, CYTX, DEPO, DRYS, DTSI, EAC, ELON, FF, FMC, FMI, FTEK, FXEN, GBDC, GTY, HALO, HI, IPAR, IPXL, JUNO, LPSN, MBI, MCC, MDR, MNTX, MODN, MR, MTZ, MVNR, OME, OMER, ONTY, OPK, ORIG, PAAS, PEIX, PINC, PVA, RAX, REN, SCLN, SF, SFXE, TCRD, TEP, TRQ, TTEC, UNXL, VRTU, XON, YY, ZGNX
Feb. 26, 2015, 6:07 PM
- UniPixel (NASDAQ:UNXL) states in its Q4 report the company and Kodak (NYSE:KODK) have "achieved integration yields in the high 80 percentile" with a previously-disclosed for an InTouch Sensor solution meant for a tablet OEM partner. "Our tablet customer understands the touchless plating line modifications we’re undertaking and remains patient with the process. We are currently working with the customer in planning follow-on integration trials."
- UniPixel also states a previously-disclosed all-in-one PC OEM partner "recently approved UniPixel’s all-in-one product design, and UniPixel is now working with two module integrators approved by the customer." Using Kodak's manufacturing facility, UniPixel plans "initial commercial shipments" to the OEM in Q2.
- Also planned for Q2: Commercial production of UniPixel's Diamond Guard hard-coat resin, and the modifying of an operational InTouch Sensor plating line to make its web handling touchless.
- UniPixel had no revenue in Q4, or in any other quarter within 2014. Q4 SG&A expenses fell 6% Y/Y to $2.88M, and R&D expenses fell 14% to $2.65M. The company's cash balance fell by $2.9M Q/Q to $23.7M.
- Shares have risen to $5.45 AH.
- UniPixel's Q4 results, PR
Feb. 26, 2015, 4:33 PM
- Uni-Pixel (NASDAQ:UNXL): Q4 EPS of -$0.63 misses by $0.18.
Nov. 7, 2014, 1:45 PM
- Though UniPixel (NASDAQ:UNXL) is still dealing with "a limited number of challenges" related to starting mass-production for its InTouch sensors, the company expects "low volume sampling to our development customers in [Q4] and ramping to commercial production in 2015."
- Citing the progress seen for an InTouch roll-to-roll pilot plating line at partner Kodak's (KODK +0.3%) NY facility, UniPixel is "in the process of moving plating lines from the Texas facility to the Kodak facility where they will be eventually commissioned for production."
- The company also states it's working with Kodak on "an initial [InTouch] development project for the tablet market while working closely with a certain tablet manufacturer," and claims it's "engaged with an all-in-one PC OEM customer and their touch module integrators" regarding development efforts for an InTouch product aimed at the all-in-one PC market.
- UniPixel's cash balance fell by $3.6M Q/Q in Q3 to $26.8M. SG&A spend rose 18% Y/Y to $2.9M; R&D spend fell 5% to $2.7M.
- UniPixel and Kodak will host an analyst day on Dec. 4.
- Q3 results, PR
Nov. 6, 2014, 7:01 PM
- Uni-Pixel (NASDAQ:UNXL): Q3 EPS of -$0.45 beats by $0.02.
Aug. 7, 2014, 5:58 PM
- UniPixel (NASDAQ:UNXL) says it's "working closely" with Kodak (NYSE:KODK) to transfer the pilot plating technology for its InTouch sensors from its Texas facility to the companies' NY production facility.
- The pilot line is said to be producing "appreciable quantities of sensors on a weekly basis to support yield ramp activities and sampling for our development customers." UniPixel adds it's making "measured progress" in improving yields.
- UniPixel and Kodak have provided InTouch samples to an unnamed tablet maker, and have "engaged an all-in-one PC OEM customer and their touch module integrators."
- Q2 GAAP opex rose 29% Y/Y to $6.07M. R&D spend totaled $2.99M, and SG&A $3.08M. UniPixel ended Q2 with $30.4M in cash, down from $34.4M at the end of Q1.
- Q2 results, PR
Aug. 7, 2014, 4:49 PM
- Uni-Pixel (NASDAQ:UNXL): Q2 EPS of -$0.49 beats by $0.01.
May 8, 2014, 4:42 PM
- Uni-Pixel (UNXL): Q1 EPS of -$0.50 misses by $0.09.
- Revenue of $0.0M (-100% Y/Y) misses by $5.0M
- Shares -1.9%.
Uni-pixel Inc is a pre-production stage company. It develops PEF products for the display, touch screen & flexible electronics market. It rebranded its PEF production process as Copperhead, & touch sensors made with Copperhead process as InTouch sensors.
Other News & PR