Uralkali Mine Shutdown Means N.A. Potash Producers Could Benefit
- Today JSC Uralkali disclosed its Solikamsk-2 (S2) potash mine experienced high brine flooding levels and the mine was evacuated.
- Potential impacts from the cessation of ore removal at the 2.3 million metric ton per year S2 mine caused North American potash stocks to rally this morning.
- POT, MOS, AGU rallied due to a possible longer term interruption and reduction in Uralkali operable potash capacity. Canpotex would be a beneficiary.
- Intrepid Potash was recommended to our subscribers recently and would be a likely beneficiary of more soybeans planted in the US next Spring, in addition to today's events.
Uralkali: The Possible Outcome Of The Russia-Ukraine Conflict
- The U.S. and the European Union have imposed financial sanctions on Russia due to the ongoing Russia-Ukraine conflict.
- Russia is protecting its economy by increasing bilateral trade with India and China. Russia and India are developing systems to trade in national currencies.
- If the political climate worsens, then Uralkali could increase its exports to India and China by slashing potash prices, which could affect Canpotex potash sales.
Uralkali Stuns The Potash Market: The New Era Begins
There are no Transcripts on URALL.
We currently have no Breaking News on this stock.
Other News & PR