What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Fri, Feb. 5, 2:44 PM
- USG Corp. (USG +7.1%) shares are sharply higher after the maker of building materials reported better than expected Q4 earnings, citing margin expansion in its gypsum and ceilings businesses, as well as cost discipline.
- USG says it sees continued strength in its markets this year, with overall demand improving 5% in most of its key markets, and stresses that it will continue its "relentless cost control program" in 2016.
- In its earnings conference call last week, USG peer Eagle Materials (EXP +0.7%) said its gypsum customers were reporting 5%-7% increases in volume needs for 2016.
Fri, Feb. 5, 8:02 AM
Thu, Feb. 4, 5:30 PM
Oct. 22, 2015, 8:03 AM
- USG (NYSE:USG): Q3 EPS of $0.52 misses by $0.04.
- Revenue of $972M (flat Y/Y) misses by $48M.
Oct. 21, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AB, ACAT, ACOR, ADS, AEP, ALK, APOL, ASPS, BCC, BEN, BHE, BMS, CAB, CAM, CAT, CBU, CEMP, COR, CRS, CY, DAN, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DST, EQM, EQT, FAF, FCX, FNB, GMT, GPK, GRA, HBAN, HUB.B, IVC, JNS, LAZ, LLY, LUV, MCD, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, NDAQ, NUE, NWE, ORI, PCP, PDS, PENN, PH, PHM, PRLB, PTEN, R, RCI, RS, RTN, SIRI, SJR, SNA, SQNS, STC, SWK, TCB, TROW, UA, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, WAB, WBC, WCC, XRS
Jul. 23, 2015, 8:02 AM
- USG (NYSE:USG): Q2 EPS of $0.53 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $970M (+2.3% Y/Y) misses by $40M.
Apr. 23, 2015, 8:02 AM
- USG (NYSE:USG): Q1 EPS of $0.29 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $909M (+6.9% Y/Y) beats by $2.82M.
Feb. 6, 2015, 3:58 PM
- USG (USG -4.6%) is downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight with a $29 price target, cut from $33, at Barclays, following disappointing Q4 earnings with a number of unusual items that occupied much of the Q&A on the earnings conference call.
- Q4 results came in below consensus, as decent core U.S. drywall and Boral JV results were overshadowed by weakness in GTL shipping, Canada and Mexico, and hedging losses.
- CEO James Metcalf wound up answering an inordinate number of questions about ocean shipping - an obscure corner of his business - after USG wrote down the value of its shipping assets by $60M and said it might sell the vessels.
Feb. 5, 2015, 8:35 AM
- USG (NYSE:USG): Q4 EPS of $0.24 misses by $0.13.
- Revenue of $954M (+4.3% Y/Y) misses by $17M.
Jan. 22, 2015, 9:59 AM
- USG (USG -0.5%) will report Q4 results on Feb. 5. The conference call is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. ET.
- Consensus view is EPS of $0.37 on revenues of $970.9M.
Oct. 23, 2014, 9:38 AM
- Net loss of ($12M), or ($0.09) per diluted share vs. net income of $23M or $0.21 per diluted share in the third quarter of 2013.
- U.S. Gypsum wallboard shipments totaled 1.40 BSF vs. 1.37BSF.
- U.S. Gypsum average wallboard price of $164.80 per thousand sq. ft. vs. $154.04.
- Q3 results
Oct. 23, 2014, 8:33 AM
- USG (NYSE:USG): EPS of $0.45 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $972M (+5.1% Y/Y) misses by $25.74M.
Jul. 24, 2014, 8:33 AM
- USG (NYSE:USG): Q2 EPS of $0.33 misses by $0.10.
- Revenue of $948M (+3.5% Y/Y) misses by $52M.
Apr. 24, 2014, 8:32 AM
- USG Corporation (USG): Q1 EPS of $0.14 misses by $0.06.
- Revenue of $850M (+4.4% Y/Y) misses by $29.24M.
Feb. 6, 2014, 8:34 AM
- USG Corporation (USG): Q4 EPS of $0.19 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $915M (+12.3% Y/Y) beats by $7.51M.
Jan. 2, 2014, 8:34 AM
USG Corp through its subsidiaries is engaged in manufacturing and distribution of building materials. Its products are used in new residential, new nonresidential and residential and nonresidential repair & remodel construction.
Other News & PR