- U.S. Silver & Gold saw its loss narrow in spite of lower silver prices and lower production.
- This is better than I had expected.
- While I still like the company, the bullish case has changed in light of the recent merger proposal with Scorpio Mining.
Update: U.S. Silver & Gold To Merge With Scorpio Mining
- U.S. Silver & Gold just announced a merger of equals with Scorpio Mining--a silver miner in Mexico.
- I had not anticipated this in my July article.
- The deal is excellent as Scorpio Mining arguably offers better value than USSG given its strong cash position.
Update: U.S. Silver & Gold's Production Falls On Milling Downtime
- U.S. Silver & Gold reported lower Q3 production as the company transitioned to lead-silver ore and experienced downtime at its mill.
- I had anticipated the transition in my bullish article earlier this year.
- Like all silver miners U.S. Silver & Gold has been weak, presenting long-term investors with an opportunity.
- U.S. Silver & Gold generated $1 million in operating cash-flow for the second quarter which is substantially better than last year's loss thanks to falling production costs.
- This is largely in line with my prediction that costs would come down, although it missed my expectation on low silver prices.
- I remain bullish and believe that U.S. Silver & Gold is improving its operations while trading at a substantial discount to its peers.
Falling Production Costs And Steady Production Give U.S. Silver And Gold Shares At Least 25% Upside
- U.S. Silver And Gold has struggled with high production costs, although recently these costs have been coming down substantially.
- The company's Q2 production cost figures indicate that the company's Galena Project is highly profitable at current prices.
- While the stock has outperformed the sector year to date it still has substantial upside.
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.