Feb. 9, 2015, 12:21 PM
- The following are healthcare companies whose after-tax margins have expanded the past three quarters and trade at least 500K shares per day:
- (ACOR -0.7%)(BCR -1.5%)(BIIB -0.2%)(CAH -1.2%)(CPHD +1.3%)(EVHC -1.6%)(ILMN +0.7%)(JAZZ -1.7%)(LCI +7.3%)(MNK -0.5%)(SHPG -2.9%)(SYK -0.2%)(TMO -0.7%)(UTHR +1.4%)(VRX).
- This is not a list of "Buy" recommendations, but rather a targeted list of firms that may be suitable for more in-depth research.
Dec. 24, 2014, 12:13 PM
- United Therapeutics (UTHR +2.4%) submits a Pre-Market Approval (PMA) application to the FDA for the use of Medtronic's (MDT +0.7%) SynchroMed II implantable drug infusion system with Remodulin (treprostinil) to deliver the drug intravenously to patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- The company plans to submit a supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) in January to amend Remodulin's label to include the use of the drug with the device.
Dec. 17, 2014, 9:12 AM
- Effective January 1, United Therapeutics (NASDAQ:UTHR) President & COO Roger Jeffs, Ph.D., is promoted to President & Co-CEO. Chairman & CEO Martine Rothbaltt, Ph.D will also be Co-CEO and will continue as Chairman. Chief Manufacturing Officer and EVP, Pharmaceutical Development David Zaccardelli, Pharm.D, is promoted to EVP and COO.
Dec. 15, 2014, 7:54 AM
- The Q-50 Index houses those companies next-eligible for inclusion into the Nasdaq 100 (NASDAQ:QQQ). Amid the Nasdaq 100's annual changes which added and dropped three from the index, the Q-50's quarterly re-ranking adds and drops eleven.
- Added: Ainylam Pharma (NASDAQ:ALNY), Expedia (NASDAQ:EXPE), F5 Networks (NASDAQ:FFIV), JD.com (NASDAQ:JD), MercadoLibre (NASDAQ:MELI), Maxim Integrated (NASDAQ:MXIM), Old Dominion Freight Line (NASDAQ:ODFL), Shire (NASDAQ:SHPG), Splunk (NASDAQ:SPLK), Stratasys (NASDAQ:SSYS), United Therapeutics (NASDAQ:UTHR).
- Dropped: Avis Budget (NASDAQ:CAR), Cree (NASDAQ:CREE), First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR), Golar LNG (NASDAQ:GLNG), Methanex (NASDAQ:MEOH), Melco Crown (NASDAQ:MPEL), Nuance (NASDAQ:NUAN), SolarCity (NASDAQ:SCTY). Also dropped are the three Nasdaq 100 additions: American Airlines, Lam Research, and Electronic Arts.
- Previously: Who's in, who's out in annual change to Nasdaq 100 (Dec. 13, 2014)
Dec. 3, 2014, 3:36 PM
- Actelion Ltd (OTCPK:ALIOF) (OTC:ALIOY) submits a Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) to the European Medicines Agency (EMA) for Uptravi (selexipag) for the treatment of patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).
- Selexipag is selective IP prostacyclin receptor agonist. Prostacyclin activates the IP receptor inducing vasodilation and inhibiting proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells. If approved, it will be the first such drug cleared for use in PAH.
- In April 2008, the company signed a license agreement with Nippon Shinyaku under which Actelion has global development and commercialization rights to selexipag outside of Japan. The firms will be partners in Japan.
- Actelion plans to submit an NDA to the FDA shortly.
- PAH-related tickers: (GSK -0.8%)(GILD -1.9%)(MSTX -1.5%)(ARNA +1.7%)(OTCPK:BAYRY -1.8%)(UTHR -1.2%)
Oct. 28, 2014, 10:53 AM
- United Therapeutics (UTHR -6%) Q3 results: Revenues: $330M (+9.2%); Net Product Sales: $328.3M (+9.4%); R&D Expense: $118.9M (+63.5%); SG&A: $202.5M (+115.2%); Operating Loss: ($32.2M) (-130.8%); Net Loss: ($25.2M) (-140.2%); Loss Per Share: ($0.53) (-145.3%).
- Product Sales: Remodulin: $142.9M (+8.0%); Tyvaso: $119.7M (-0.5%); Adcirca: $51.2M (+8.0%); Orenitram: $14.5M (+100.0%).
- No guidance given.
Oct. 28, 2014, 6:18 AM
- United Therapeutics (NASDAQ:UTHR): Q3 EPS of $3.91 mat not be comparable to estimate $1.97.
- Revenue of $329.95M (+9.2% Y/Y) misses by $5.15M.
Oct. 21, 2014, 11:37 AM
- United Therapeutics (UTHR +0.7%) will report Q3 results on October 28 before the open. The conference call will begin at 9:00 am ET.
- Consensus view is EPS of $1.97 on revenues of $335M.
Aug. 29, 2014, 12:45 PM
Aug. 29, 2014, 11:52 AM
- Shares of United Therapeutics (UTHR +23.1%) jump on 5x surge in volume after a court rules that Sandoz (NVS +0.3%) failed to prove that United's '007 and '117 Remodulin (treprostinil) patents are invalid and that United proved that Sandoz's ANDA will infringe on patent '117.
- Remodulin accounted for almost 45% of United's 1H sales of $612.2M.
Jul. 29, 2014, 6:52 AM
- United Therapeutics (NASDAQ:UTHR) Q2 results: Total Revenues: $322.8M (+15.0%), Net Product Sales: $321.3M (+15.8%); R&D Expense: $39.7M (-27.3%); SG&A Expense: $68.0M (-4.8%); Operating Income: $176.3M (+44.2%); Net Income: $111.9M (+40.1%); EPS: $2.10 (+38.2%).
- Product Sales: Remodulin: $138.2M (+11.1%), Tyvaso: $121.2M (+10.8%), Adcirca: $55.3M (+26.5%).
- No guidance given.
Jul. 29, 2014, 6:06 AM
- United Therapeutics (NASDAQ:UTHR): Q2 EPS of $2.30 beats by $0.55.
- Revenue of $322.8M (+15.0% Y/Y) beats by $14.76M.
Apr. 29, 2014, 6:02 AM
- United Therapeutics (UTHR): Q1 EPS of $1.57 misses by $0.08.
- Revenue of $289.4M (+18.1% Y/Y) misses by $10.74M.
Feb. 25, 2014, 6:11 AM
- United Therapeutics Corporation (UTHR): Q4 EPS of $2.88 beats by $1.37.
- Revenue of $289M (+18.5% Y/Y) misses by $6.43M.
Feb. 25, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
United Therapeutics Corp. operates as a biotechnology company, which engages in the development and commercialization of unique products to address the unmet medical needs of patients with chronic and life-threatening cardiovascular and infectious diseases and cancer. The company was founded by... More
Industry: Drug Manufacturers - Other
Country: United States
Other News & PR