Tue, Nov. 8, 5:46 AM
Fri, Aug. 12, 1:49 PM
- Telecom UTStarcom (NASDAQ:UTSI) is off 0.5% now after a morning of choppy trading following its Q2 earnings report.
- The company beat forecasts on top and bottom lines (one analyst); revenues of $20.03M fell 35% but edged expectations.
- It did guide to "relatively soft demand" for the second half, due to seasonality, but it still sees "healthy deal pipelines for our PTN (Packet Transport Network) products."
- Revenue breakout: Sales, $16.3M (up 32.6%); Services, $3.7M (down 15.6%).
- Gross margin on a non-GAAP basis rose to 41.2% from a year-ago 16.2%, and the company cut operating expenses more than 45%, to $6.4M.
- Cash and equivalents came to $81.5M at quarter's end.
- Press Release
Fri, Aug. 12, 5:54 AM
Wed, Jul. 13, 3:00 PM
Fri, May 13, 6:02 AM
- UTStarcom (NASDAQ:UTSI): Q1 EPS of $0.01 beats by $0.13.
- Revenue of $22.28M (-32.4% Y/Y) beats by $0.55M.
Fri, Mar. 11, 5:56 AM
- UTStarcom (NASDAQ:UTSI): Q4 EPS of -$0.37
- Revenue of $25.69M (-10.4% Y/Y) beats by $4.69M.
Fri, Jan. 15, 10:21 AM
- UTStarcom (UTSI +0.9%) has promoted Dr. Zhaochen Huang to be its chief operating officer.
- The move is effective immediately. He previously served as VP of Global Operations and was GM of UTStarcom India.
- He'll now oversee global sales and business development as well as global operations (including manufacturing, quality assurance, procurement, and information technologies).
- Earlier this week the company named 20-year veteran Tim Ti to be its CEO.
- Previously: UTStarcom names Tim Ti CEO (Jan. 11 2016)
Dec. 15, 2015, 9:18 AM
Nov. 9, 2015, 7:20 AM
- UTStarcom (NASDAQ:UTSI): Q3 EPS of -$0.13 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $27.3M (-15.5% Y/Y) beats by $4.08M.
Sep. 29, 2015, 2:04 PM
- SA contributor GeoTeam notes an article in China that it says backs up its bullish stance on UTStarcom (UTSI +0.5%), pointing out that strategic investor Gu Guoping looks to have sealed an 11M share purchase.
- The transaction, at about $6/share, looks like a precursor to Gu taking control or taking UTStarcom private, the team says. UTStarcom is trading currently on Nasdaq at $2.21.
- The group pointed to its earlier report highlighting a 13D/A amendment about planning to sell 12M shares between investors at a premium of over 200%.
- UTStarcom is priced right around cash value, and at more than a 30% discount to book value, GeoTeam says, with a $230M net operating loss carry-forward to boot.
Aug. 14, 2015, 4:01 AM
- UTStarcom (NASDAQ:UTSI): Q2 EPS of -$0.02 beats by $0.15.
- Revenue of $16.7M (-47.6% Y/Y) misses by $8.09M.
Aug. 13, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jun. 5, 2015, 6:01 AM
- UTStarcom (NASDAQ:UTSI): Q1 EPS of -$0.14 in-line.
- Revenue of $32.4M (+0.2% Y/Y) beats by $3.96M.
Mar. 13, 2015, 6:35 AM
- UTStarcom (NASDAQ:UTSI): Q4 EPS of -$0.36 misses by $0.24.
- Revenue of $28.68M (-24.5% Y/Y) beats by $1.26M.
Nov. 14, 2014, 6:18 AM
- UTStarcom (NASDAQ:UTSI): Q3 EPS of -$0.10 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $32.3M (-21.6% Y/Y) beats by $1.55M.
Aug. 15, 2014, 7:25 AM
- UTStarcom (NASDAQ:UTSI): Q2 EPS of -$0.12 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $31.9M (-33.1% Y/Y) beats by $0.5M.