Vanguard Small-Cap Value ETFNYSEARCA
Mon, Sep. 19, 11:44 AM
- Vanguard Extended Duration Treasury ETF (NYSEARCA:EDV) - $0.869. 30-Day Sec yield of 2.43%.
- Vanguard Mid-Cap Growth ETF (NYSEARCA:VOT) - $0.220. 30-Day Sec yield of 0.78%.
- Vanguard Mid-Cap Value ETF (NYSEARCA:VOE) - $0.493. 30-Day Sec yield of 2.08%.
- Vanguard Small-Cap Value ETF (NYSEARCA:VBR) - $0.655. 30-Day Sec yield of 1.97%.
- Vanguard Small-Cap Growth ETF (NYSEARCA:VBK) - $0.306. 30-Day Sec yield of 0.96%.
- Vanguard Mid-Cap ETF (NYSEARCA:VO) - $0.508. 30-Day Sec yield of 1.48%.
- Vanguard Energy ETF (NYSEARCA:VDE) - $0.612. 30-Day Sec yield of 2.42%.
- Payable Sept. 26; for shareholders of record Sept. 22; ex-div Sept. 20. 30 Day SEC yield as of 9/16/16.
Mon, Jun. 13, 2:27 PM
- Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF (NYSEARCA:VTI) of $0.469. 30-Day Sec yield of 2.00%.
- Vanguard Small-Cap Value ETF (NYSEARCA:VBR) of $0.320. 30-Day Sec yield of 2.04%.
- Vanguard Small-Cap Growth ETF (NYSEARCA:VBK) of $0.359. 30-Day Sec yield of 1.01%.
- Vanguard Mid-Cap ETF (NYSEARCA:VO) of $0.469. 30-Day Sec yield of 1.51%.
- Vanguard Large-Cap ETF (NYSEARCA:VV) of $0.426. 30-Day Sec yield of 2.03%.
- Vanguard Value ETF (NYSEARCA:VTV) of $0.484. 30-Day Sec yield of 2.63%.
- Vanguard Growth ETF (NYSEARCA:VUG) of $0.323. 30-Day Sec yield of 1.40%.
- Payable June 20; for shareholders of record June 16; ex-div June 14. 30-Day SEC yield as of 06/10/2016.
Sat, May 7, 5:06 PM
- Barron's "ETF Roundtable" features David Cleary of Lazard, Fritz Folts of 3EDGE Asset Management, John Forlines III of JAForlines Global, and Will McGough from Stadion Money Management.
- ETFs they like include:
- Gold: iShares Gold Trust (NYSEARCA:IAU) "has a lower expense ratio (0.25%) than (NYSEARCA:GLD)," VanEck Vectors Gold Miners (NYSEARCA:GDX), and GLD.
- iShares Global Materials (NYSEARCA:MXI).
- Emerging markets: iShares Core MSCI Emerging Markets (NYSEARCA:IEMG), SPDR MSCI Emerging Markets Quality Mix (NYSEARCA:QEMM), iShares MSCI Brazil Capped (NYSEARCA:EWZ), EGShares India Infrastructure (NYSEARCA:INXX) "We like India in general as a long-term option," iShares Latin America 40 (NYSEARCA:ILF) "We're starting to see governance improvements in Latin America broadly," iShares J.P. Morgan USD Emerging Markets Bond (NYSEARCA:EMB).
- Emerging-market proxies: iShares MSCI Canada (NYSEARCA:EWC) and iShares MSCI Australia (NYSEARCA:EWA).
- iShares Core High Dividend ETF (NYSEARCA:HDV). iShares MSCI USA Minimum Volatility (NYSEARCA:USMV) "Now there's more uncertainty, and that's when these low-vol strategies do best."
- iShares North American Tech (NYSEARCA:IGM) and iShares U.S. Consumer Services (NYSEARCA:IYC), "We still like consumer services and technology."
- PowerShares QQQ (NASDAQ:QQQ), Vanguard Small Cap Value (NYSEARCA:VBR), "Blending the two doesn't tilt the portfolio too much in one direction or the other, because the combination blends small and large, growth and value."
- SPDR Barclays High Yield Bond ETF (NYSEARCA:JNK), PowerShares Fundamental High Yield Corporate Bond Portfolio (NYSEARCA:PHB).
- VanEck Vectors Fallen Angel High Yield Bond (NYSEARCA:ANGL), "These are viable companies, and although they've moved from investment- grade to high-yield, they're likely survivors."
- "We like preferreds, via the iShares U.S. Preferred Stock (NYSEARCA:PFF)." Also: iShares International High Yield Bond ETF (BATS:HYXU).
- iShares MSCI Europe Small-Cap (NASDAQ:IEUS).
Mon, Mar. 14, 5:07 PM
Dec. 22, 2015, 2:08 PM
Sep. 24, 2015, 7:38 AM
Sep. 10, 2015, 12:39 PM
- The CBEO Russell 2000 Volatility Index has dipped to 26.33, while the CBOE Volatility Index (VIXX) has risen to 26.51.
- Pick your reason, but the fact that small caps tend to do more business at home vs. the more multinational large-caps makes for as good of an excuse as any.
- The upshot, however, is of more import: Those itching to buy protection (or play for a bull market), may want to look at what are now relatively cheap options on the IWM rather than on the S&P 500.
- Source: Barron's
- ETFs: IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, VB, IJR, VBR, SLY, EES, RWJ, VBK, URTY, SCHA, TWM, RVT, RWM, SRTY, VTWO, SAA, JKL, VXX, UVXY, TVIX, XIV, SVXY, VIXY, ZIV, VXZ, VIXM, CVOL, VIIX, XVZ, XXV, XVIX, TVIZ, IVOP, VIIZ, VXUP, VXDN
Aug. 21, 2015, 3:51 PM
- With the Dow, S&P 500, and Nasdaq all down about 3%, the small-cap Russell 2000 (NYSEARCA:IWM) is lower by just 0.75%.
- The outperformance is noteworthy because it's been small caps leading on the way down - falling nearly 11% since a late-June peak, or roughly 500 basis points worse than the S&P 500.
- ETFs: VB, VBR, EES, VBK, SCHA, RVT, JKL, RCG, JKJ, TILT, FYX, FYT, JKK, IESM, VLU, ZSML, FYC
Mar. 24, 2015, 2:08 PM
Mar. 11, 2015, 1:50 PM
- The Direxion Value Line Mid- and Large-Cap High Dividend ETF (NYSEARCA:VLML) and the Direxion Value Line Small- and Mid-Cap High Dividend ETF (NYSEARCA:VLSM) both use a modified equal-weighting approach and target companies paying “above average” dividends in their selected market caps.
- The Direxion Value Line Conservative Equity ETF (NYSEARCA:VLLV) will track a basket of funds with a strong Safety Ranking, created by Value Line to measure how a stock is likely to weather a market downturn.
- Other ETFs tracking value by market capitalization: VBR, EES, VTV, VOE, IWS, SCHV, JKL, PWV, UVU, EZY, TILT, JKI, FYT, IWX, JKF, IELG, IESM, GVT, FNK, VLU, SJL, SYV
Dec. 19, 2014, 7:24 AM
Oct. 1, 2014, 3:52 PM
- Today's decline in the Russell 2000 (IWM -1.4%) puts it more than 10% below the level hit in March (and in July). The index fell 6% in September alone.
- For the year, the Russell is lower by 6.6% after gaining nearly 40% in 2013.
- As rough as it's been, it's the divergence with large caps which looks like the bigger story - while the small caps have fallen 10% during their correction, the S&P 500 is flat, and only in the last two weeks beginning to move in lockstep with the Russell.
- For the year, the S&P 500 is up 5.4%, about 1,200 basis points ahead of the Russell, and on a year-over-year basis, the S&P's 15% gain is 1,500 basis points faster than the Russell.
- ETFs: IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, VB, VBR, EES, VBK, URTY, SCHA, TWM, IWN, IWO, RWM, SRTY, VTWO, JKL, JKJ, TILT, UKK, VTWG, FYX, FYT, EWRS, TWOK, SKK, VTWV, JKK, UVT, SJH, IESM, VLU, FYC
Aug. 11, 2014, 3:15 PM
- Many highly regarded small-cap funds have put up "no vacancy" signs to new investors, writes Sarah Max in Barron's, their managers cautious among perky valuations or unwieldy AUM, or both. Notable closures include the $1.6B Artisan Small Cap Investor Fund, the $6.2B Fidelity Small Cap Discovery Fund, and the $993M Hotchkis & Wiley Small Cap Value Fund. T. Rowe Price has also closed two of its top performers, the $10.4B T. Rowe Price Small-Cap Fund and the $16B T. Rowe Price New Horizons Fund.
- Caution may be in order given the big run for small-caps, but fund manager Bill Grierson says the current Russell 2000 (IWM +1.1%) P/E ratio is just slightly higher than its 10-year average of about 17x. Further, Q2 sales growth is at about 9% so far.
- Another manager allows it's not an easy time to find cheap stocks, but beyond the sexy segments there's a whole universe of small companies, and he's been picking up some names.
- ETFs: IJS, VBR, EES, IWN, JKL, RZV, SLYV, TILT, VIOV, FNDA, FYT, VTWV, PXSV, UVT, SJH, IESM, VLU
Jul. 25, 2014, 2:31 PM
- Hammering away at the misconception that it pays to seek active managers in supposedly "less efficient" sectors like small caps, S&P Dow Jones' Philip Murphy finds - even choosing among the top mutual fund share classes - an alarmingly small number of managers failed to beat the benchmarks.
- Starting at the March 2009 bottom and going out five years, only 9 of 139 share classes beat the S&P SmallCap 600 benchmark (that's 5.9% of the starting set).
- Where alpha might be able to be delivered though, is in choosing which benchmark to track. A fund tracking the S&P SmallCap 600 (IJR, VIOO) would have outperformed one tracking the Russell 2000 (NYSEARCA:IWM) by 23% over the 5-year period.
- ETFs: IWM, TZA, IJS, TNA, IWC, UWM, VB, IJR, SLY, VBR, EES, RWJ, VBK, URTY, SCHA, TWM, IWN, IWO, IJT, RWM, SRTY, DWAS, SAA, VTWO, JKL, RZV, SLYG, SLYV, VIOO, SDD, PZI, RZG, FDM, SBB, RSCO, WMCR, VIOG, JKJ, VTWG, UKK, TILT, VIOV, FNDA, XSLV, FYX, FYT, EWRS, JKK, TWOK, SKK, VTWV, PXSV, SMLV, UVT, SJH, IESM, PXSC, VLU, FYC, PXSG
Jul. 7, 2014, 1:45 PM
- "Knowingly overpaying never has made sense to me, which I think people are doing," says small-cap fund manager Eric Cinnamond, notable for being up 14.5% at the midway point in 2009 vs. peers' average loss of 27%, but missing out on the bull market of the last three years thanks to his large cash holdings.
- The small cap stocks on his radar are as "expensive as I have ever seen them," he tells the WSJ. "We're just unwilling to overpay with other people's mooney in high-quality, small-cap stocks."
- ETFs: IWM, IJS, TZA, TNA, IWC, UWM, VB, IJR, SLY, VBR, EES, RWJ, URTY, SCHA, TWM, IWN, RWM, SRTY, SAA, DWAS, VTWO, JKL, RZV, SLYV, VIOO, SDD, PZI, FDM, SBB, RSCO, WMCR, JKJ, TILT, VIOV, XSLV, FYX, FNDA, FYT, EWRS, TWOK, VTWV, SMLV, PXSV, UVT, SJH, IESM, PXSC, VLU
Jun. 6, 2014, 3:03 PM
- This just in: Continuing to bounce from a tough 10-week stretch which saw the index lose about 10% of its value from the start of March, the Russell 2000 (IWM +0.9%) has turned positive for the year.
- The small cap index, however, continues to trail the S&P 500 which is ahead 5.7% YTD, as well as the Nasdaq, which is up 3.4%.
- ETFs: IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, VB, EES, VBR, VBK, URTY, SCHA, TWM, IWN, IWO, RWM, SRTY, VTWO, JKL, JKJ, UKK, VTWG, TILT, FYX, FYT, SKK, JKK, EWRS, TWOK, VTWV, UVT, SJH, IESM, VLU, FYC
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio: Visit Seeking Alpha's ETF Hub
- In Your Portfolio: US Growth and Value ETFs, Core Building Blocks: A Guide to ETFs That Divide the U.S. Stock Market by Market Cap
- Asset Class Performance: Growth vs. Value ETFs