Visteon Corporation Is Now A Pure-Play Cockpit Electronics Business
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Visteon: Interesting Company, But Shares Look Fairly Valued Following M&A Transactions
Inscrutable • 13 Comments
Inscrutable • 13 Comments
Tue, Oct. 11, 9:33 AM
- The German Bundesrat has fired a warning shot across the automobile industry that is yet another indication that seismic changes could be coming down the road.
- In a vote intended to pressure the EU, the Bundesrat approved a measure to ban gas and diesel vehicles by 2030. The Bundesrat doesn't set policy across Europe, but is considered influential.
- Naturally, the fact that the push is coming from the home of Mercedes, BMW, and Volkswagen also adds a degree of intrigue to the news and the underlying electrification push out of the trio.
- Wall Street analysts with their 1-year price target mindset haven't weighed in on the development, but there's plenty of discussion on Seeking Alpha about the implications.
- Previously: Germany says nein to internal combustion engines (Oct. 10)
- Related auto parts stocks: ACW, ALSN, ALV, AXL, BWA, CAAS, CPS, DAN, DLPH, DORM, FDML, FENX, GNTX, JCI, LDL, LEA, LKQ, MBLY, MLR, MNRO, MOD, MPAA, MPG, MTOR, PLOW, SMP, SRI, STRT, SUP, STRT, TEN, THRM, TEN, TOWR, UFAB, VC, VOXX, WBC, ZX.
Fri, Sep. 23, 5:35 PM
Tue, Aug. 16, 7:20 AM
- Visteon Corporation (NYSE:VC) announces it selected Christian Garcia for its CEO position, effective October 1. Garcia was recently the acting CFO at Halliburton.
- He will lead all financial activities for Visteon, including accounting, treasury, tax, audit, and investor relations. He also will oversee mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, and information technology.
- Interim CFO William Robertson will continue with the company as vice president and corporate controller.
- Source: Press Release
Thu, Jul. 28, 6:59 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Mon, Jul. 11, 7:18 AM
- Visteon Corporation (NYSE:VC) completed the acquisition of India-based AllGo Systems.
- "The acquisition creates a new global multimedia and smartphone connectivity supplier benefiting from AllGo's entrepreneurial approach and Visteon's global scale," said K. Srinivasan, director and CEO, AllGo Systems. "AllGo's ready-to-use intellectual property-protected portfolio, combined with Visteon's expertise in infotainment and global automaker reach, positions us as the leaders in multimedia and smartphone connectivity solutions."
- Press Release
Thu, May 19, 10:03 AM
Thu, Apr. 28, 7:15 AM
- Visteon (NYSE:VC): Q1 EPS of $1.22 beats by $0.25.
- Revenue of $802M (-1.7% Y/Y) misses by $19.96M.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Wed, Apr. 20, 10:43 AM
- Baird notes that North American automobile production was up 5% in Q1 to top expectations. Production schedules for Q2 point to 3% growth.
- Strong gains in truck and SUV builds underpinned the growth, while inventory levels have held steady on consistent consumer demand.
- Baird thinks the trend looks favorable through the summer season.
- Suppliers rated at Overweight: ALV, BWA, DLPH, HAR, JCI, MBLY, VC.
- Suppliers rated at Neutral: GNTX, MEI, MPG.
- Baird analyst David Leiker ranks #240 out of 8,906 analysts on TipRanks.
- Now read Shifting The Gears On Auto Industry Growth
Thu, Mar. 31, 7:18 AM
- Visteon (NYSE:VC) appoints William Robertson, currently the company's corporate controller, as chief financial officer on an interim basis, until a permanent replacement is named.
- As announced in January, Jeff Stafeil, who has served as CFO since October 2012, is leaving the company to pursue other opportunities.
Mon, Mar. 21, 7:32 AM
- Visteon (NYSE:VC) names Markus Schupfner to fill the chief technology officer position. He begins the role on April 1.
- Schupfner's responsibilities will include heading the development of advanced driver assistance systems, as well as leading Visteon's self-driving car initiatives.
Thu, Feb. 25, 8:22 AM
- Net income of $21M, or -$1.75 per share vs. -$138M, or -$0.52 per share, in the same quarter a year ago.
- Total sales +2.7% to $809M (Electronics sales +4.1% to $775M); Total adjusted EBITDA +5% to $79M (Electronics +53% to $98M); Electronics/Corporate adjusted free cash flow of $66M.
- Outlook for 2016: Electronics sales of $3.2B. For the Electronics Product Group and Corporate Segment: Adjusted EBITDA of $305M-$335M; Adjusted free cash flow of $110M-$150M.
- Q4 results
Thu, Feb. 25, 7:03 AM
- Visteon (NYSE:VC): Q4 EPS of -$1.75 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.79.
- Revenue of $809M (+2.7% Y/Y) beats by $37.25M.
Wed, Feb. 24, 5:30 PM
- AAON, ACIW, AG, ALKS, AMCX, AMRN, AMWD, ANSS, APA, APLP, AROC, BBY, BUD, CCOI, CHS, CLDX, CM, CNSL, CORE, CPB, CPK, CRI, CVC, DPZ, EGRX, EME, EMES, ENOC, FCH, FCN, FIG, GLOG, GOGO, GTLS, GVA, HBM, HEES, HMHC, HTWR, INCR, IONS, IRDM, IRM, ITC, KERX, KOP, KSS, LKQ, MITL, NEWM, NPO, [[NTi]], NXST, PCRX, PDCO, PF, PGTI, PRIM, PWR, RDUS, RGEN, RRD, RWLK, SAFM, SDRL, SEAS, SERV, SFM, SFUN, SHLD, SPAR, STWD, TD, TFX, TREE, TWI, UNT, UTHR, VAC, VC, VWR, W, WIN, WNR, WNRL, WPC, XCRA, ZBRA, ZEUS
Tue, Jan. 26, 5:20 PM