SA News • Sun, Dec. 21
From other sites
at MarketWatch.com (Feb 19, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jun 13, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 2, 2013)
There are no Transcripts on VCSH.
Sun, Dec. 21, 12:03 PM| Comment!
Tue, Dec. 2, 5:09 AM
- With a $17B issuance from Medtronic (NYSE:MDT), U.S. corporate bond sales broke an annual record yesterday, pushing offerings for 2014 past the $1.5T mark.
- The surge in sales has been boosted by record-low borrowing costs, prompting companies to lock in on the low rates.
- ETFs: HYG, JNK, LQD, HYLD, HYS, VCSH, SJNK, VCIT, VCLT, CORP, CSJ, SJB, BSJF, CIU, HYHG, BSJE, BSJG, CRED, ANGL, LWC, BSJI, HYLS, SCPB, CLY, WYDE, BSCF, BSCE, ITR, BSCH, UJB, HYZD, XOVR, IGHG, QLTA, THHY, BSCG, BSJH, BSCI, QLTC, SHYG, BSJJ, HYGH, HYND, TYTE, BSJK, IBCE, COBO, IGS, SLQD, BSCK, CBND, FCOR, LQDH, IBCB, LDRI, QLTB, BSCJ, IBCC, BSCM, IBDH, IBDF, BSCL, IBDD, IGU, IBDC, BSCN, IBDA, IBDB, IBCD, BSCO, SKOR, BSJL, BSJM
Fri, Nov. 28, 5:10 AM| Comment!
Fri, Oct. 31, 2:39 PM| Comment!
Tue, Sep. 30, 11:56 AM| Comment!
Mon, Sep. 8, 1:09 PM
- The PowerShares LadderRite 0-5 Year Corporate Bond Portfolio (Pending:LDRI) is set to launch on Wednesday and will use an equal weighted annual maturity ladder strategy.
- "Investors looking to preserve capital and generate income in an uncertain interest rate environment may want to consider LDRI as a possible solution given its short-term nature and laddering approach" said Lorraine Wang, Invesco PowerShares Global Head of ETF Products and Research, in a statement earlier today.
- Other short term investment-grade corporate bond ETFs: VCSH, CSJ, SCPB, SLQD
Fri, Aug. 29, 8:57 AM| Comment!
Wed, Aug. 6, 10:40 AM
- The First Trust Enhanced Short Maturity ETF (NASDAQ:FTSM) is an actively managed fund which invests in short-duration, investment-grade securities with the objective of delivering current income while providing capital preservation.
- "Over the past few years, in this low interest rate environment, investors in short-term bonds have often been faced with a choice between losing purchasing power safely in high quality bonds with negative real returns, or seeking higher returns from securities that are below investment-grade," said Ryan Issakainen, Senior Vices President and ETF Strategist at First Trust, in a statement.
- The active strategy of the ETF could provide a middle ground for investors looking for short-term securities that could potential offer a high return, but still preserve capital and avoid daily liquidity concerns.
- Other short-term investment grade ETFs: VCSH, CSJ, SCPB, SLQD, RAVI, MINC
Fri, Aug. 1, 1:56 PM| Comment!
Mon, Jun. 30, 8:20 AM| Comment!
Fri, May. 30, 11:15 AM| Comment!
Tue, May. 20, 11:44 AM
- With borrowing costs about the lowest on record, and investors lending first and asking questions later, corporate finance officers are busy taking out loans. "My treasurer tells me always borrow when you can, not when you have to," says Shell CFO Simon Henry. "There are huge liquid pools at whatever tenor we need ... There's more capital out there than we can consume."
- The average yield on corporate debt has fallen 61 basis points this year to 4.4%, nearing last year's pre-bond bear market low of 4.1%.
- “The market is pretty hot,” says George Dessing, treasurer of Dutch business-to-business publisher Wolters Kluwer NV which raised 10-year money this month. “We have a preference for longer maturity and especially right now at these low costs it was a no-brainer.”
- ETFs: LQD, VCSH, VCIT, VCLT, CORP, CSJ, CIU, CFT, SCPB, LWC, ITR, CLY, IBND, PICB, QLTA, IGHG, PFIG, SLQD, IGS, CBND, SUBD, IGU, QLTB
Wed, Apr. 30, 1:11 PM| Comment!
Tue, Apr. 22, 11:55 AM
- Maybe surprising to many, long-dated investment-grade corporate bonds are outperforming junk bonds this year, with total returns already of 7.48% vs. junk at 3.3%. It's a turnaround from 2013, when high-yield returned 7.42% vs. a loss of 1.57% for IG paper.
- It's good news for institutional investors like pension funds and insurers, who have been big buyers of the bonds in recent months.
- Investment-grade corporate debt ETFs: LQD, VCSH, VCIT, VCLT, CORP, CSJ, CIU, CFT, SCPB, LWC, CLY, ITR, QLTA, IGHG, PFIG, SLQD, IGS, CBND, IGU, QLTB
- In other junk bond news, DoubleLine's Bonnie Baha says the firm's core fund has cut its high-yield exposure to 3% from 6%. High prices are the reason, says Baha, noting the average price of 104.5 cents on the dollar. Many issuers can force redemptions at 103 cents, and if they don't get called, in a low-rate environment there's extension risk.
- Baha takes note of the proliferation of short-duration high-yield funds. "It's a fallacy to think that just because it’s short-term that bad things can’t happen."
- High-yield ETFs: HYG, JNK, HYLD, HYS, SJNK, PHB, BSJF, SJB, BSJE, BSJG, HYHG, BSJI, ANGL, HYLS, UJB, BSJH, XOVR, THHY, YPRO, SHYG, QLTC, BSJK, HYZD, HYND, BSJJ
Thu, Apr. 10, 10:39 AM
- "The good ole' days are gone," says UBS, cutting its recommendation for U.S. corporate bonds to "small underweight" ahead of what's expected to be the beginning of a rate hike cycle in about a year.
- With spreads already so tight, any further gains from spread tightening will be marginal at best and not enough to make up for rate increases, says the team, which is bearish on both investment-grade and high-yield corporate debt.
- ETFs: HYG, JNK, LQD, HYLD, HYS, VCSH, SJNK, VCIT, VCLT, CORP, PHB, CSJ, CIU, SJB, CFT, HYHG, SCPB, LWC, ANGL, CLY, ITR, QLTA, HYLS, UJB, XOVR, THHY, IGHG, SHYG, QLTC, PFIG, SLQD, HYZD, IGS, HYND, CBND, QLTB, IGU
Tue, Apr. 1, 3:27 PM
- Investment-grade corporate paper returned 2.7% in in Q1 vs. a 1.42% gain for the MSCI World Index of stocks, the first time debt beat equities since Q2 of 2012. This follows stock gains of 27% last year while bonds fell 1.45%, and a near-universal outlook at the start of the year to rotate out of fixed-income and into equity.
- Junk bonds returned 2.86% in Q1.
- Helping, of course, is the decline in benchmark Treasury yields, but corporate balance sheets have improved, with at least some of that related to the rollicking stock market narrowing pension fund deficits.
- ETFs: LQD, VCSH, VCIT, VCLT, CORP, CSJ, CIU, CFT, SCPB, LWC, BSCE, BSCF, CLY, ITR, QLTA, BSCH, BSCG, IGHG, BSCI, PFIG, SLQD, IBCE, IBCB, BSCK, IGS, IBCC, BSCJ, BSCM, CBND, IBDC, IBDA, QLTB, IBCD, IBDB, BSCL, IBDD, IGU
VCSH vs. ETF Alternatives
Vanguard Short Term Corporate Bond ETF seeks to track the performance of a market-weighted corporate bond index with a short-term dollar-weighted average maturity.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
Other News & PR